• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Module for evil party?

I'll echo the suggestions for the Kingmaker adventure path.

What I've seen regarding evil adventuring is that evil characters are often more proactive about what they want to do than good characters.

So the sandboxy style of that path, I think, would be perfect.

I also think a lot of adventures in general have "problems" for good characters that are not present for evil ones. Like, I'll pay you this money up front if you save x...evil characters take the money and leave. Or good characters go to a noble's house and don't steal all the silverware, because they just wouldn't.

Alexander123

First Post
I always play an evil character and the key is knowing their motivations.

Usually evil characters will be motivated by wealth, power etc. so you can design an adventure around that.

I do agree that evil characters are more proactive than good characters.

Psychotic Jim

First Post
The 2e Planescape campaign setting actually had a few modules that could be used for evil parties, fitting given its morally gray and convoluted nature. In the Abyss involved a plot to retrieve a lost Doomguard planar warship for the characters' own purposes (or those of their factions). The adventure anthology Well of Worlds had a few in it, one of which I most remember running involved delivering a love letter from a cornugon (baaetezu/devil) to a succubus (tanarri/demon). I recall having fun with that one, when i ran it back in the day the quest managed to unite a Neutral Evil priest of Loviatar and a Lawful Good dwarven, Harmonium paladin-wannabe into working together to undertake the quest. Fun times.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
I have been thinking on this. If you were to take Labyrinth of madness and modify ot so the denizens within were to become allies, instead of contenders, that could become quite the campaign.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads