MoMF and Black Pudding

GimbleRaulnor

First Post
So.. it finally happened last night: One of my players (playing a druid 5 / MoMF 8) wildshaped into a Black Pudding...

I've got a few questions regarding the Split ability of a Black Pudding combined with Wildshape:

SRD said:
Split (Ex) Slashing and piercing weapons deal no damage to a black pudding. Instead the creature splits into two identical puddings, each with half of the original’s current hit points (round down). A pudding with 10 hit points or less cannot be further split and dies if reduced to 0 hit points.

1. What would be the new size of the splitted puddings?
2. How much damage would the splitted puddings be able to deal?
3. What happens when a splitted wildshaped character changes back to her normal form?

Also, when changing into an ooze, would a character gain the bonus hp for size?

frankthedm

First Post
GimbleRaulnor said:
1. What would be the new size of the splitted puddings?
2. How much damage would the splitted puddings be able to deal?
3. What happens when a splitted wildshaped character changes back to her normal form?

Also, when changing into an ooze, would a character gain the bonus hp for size?

1. split puddings by RAW remain the same size
2.same damage
3. IMHO 50% bodymass missing, most likely fatal

not sure on HP

IcyCool

First Post
GimbleRaulnor said:
So.. it finally happened last night: One of my players (playing a druid 5 / MoMF 8) wildshaped into a Black Pudding...

You know, until the MoMF is errata'd, this won't work. You can't wildshape into a creature with more hit dice than your druid level. MoMF doesn't currently stack with druid levels for this.

GimbleRaulnor

First Post
IcyCool said:
You know, until the MoMF is errata'd, this won't work. You can't wildshape into a creature with more hit dice than your druid level. MoMF doesn't currently stack with druid levels for this.

Now THAT is good news. For me, the DM, at least :)

This brings up another question:

Is there a feat that raises one's druid level for wildshape? (Like the Practised Spellcaster raises spellcaster level by 4, to a max if the character's HD.)

Last edited:

GimbleRaulnor said:
Now THAT is good news. For me, the DM, at least :)

Note, however, that it's basically unofficial errata at this point. It was written with the intent to stack (and therefore not be useless), however the line was left out of the printing.

GimbleRaulnor

First Post
Patryn of Elvenshae said:
Note, however, that it's basically unofficial errata at this point. It was written with the intent to stack (and therefore not be useless), however the line was left out of the printing.

How do you know?

Remove ads