• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Money cant buy Happiness...But what it cant buy I cant use

Romnipotent

First Post
With the influx of gold threads, and my mp3 playlist stroking across some Empire Records tracks I thought about the most priceless thing I've had in game, and what was the most valuable in gold.

Most valuable in gold: In a game the DM was falling behind on the gold deal and we were getting annoyed (not now days) so there was a legal case where we counter sued a bards guild for negligence and other things after they arrested a party member for performing without a license. Apparently claiming ignorance was enough to get off but I roleplayed an NPC and PC, a lawer NPC at that. With no prep I took the guild to the cleaners, I got 3400gp and 2 houses in payment. So we all settled down and ran a Bed and Breakfast. We had houses we couldn't sell and didn't trust the townsfolk to run them properly. It wasn't HUGE but it is the most memorable dumping of cash.

The most priceless thing I had was a sense of doom. City of the Spider Queen, forbiddence around the tower, and 3.5 rules. We had a house ruled version and the party got split up. Those on one side were subjected to horrors and certain death. And on the other side, they were executed for failing to abide a contract (with the giant king). It all ended there too... I was happy though, I knew we all wanted out, and I disliked Faerun enough to let it all get burnt.

Remove ads