(Mongoose) June Releases

Nikchick

Explorer
Re: Re: (Mongoose) June Releases

Morrus said:

I knew it! C'mon, everybody say it along with me - Morrus was right! :p

Well, c'mon, Morrus, at least give yourself a challenge. I mean, is anyone *really* surprised? ;)

Nicole

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Re: Re: Re: (Mongoose) June Releases

Nikchick said:

Well, c'mon, Morrus, at least give yourself a challenge. I mean, is anyone *really* surprised? ;)

Nah, there's be a chance of me being wrong someday then.

I was wrong once. I remember it well - it was back in '86. I had a cold that day.

Vanuslux

Explorer
Mongoose_Matt said:
Encyclopaedia Divine: Fey Magic – Dreaming the Reverie
Arcane spellcasters have had it their way for far too long. The Encyclopaedia Divine series will do for Clerics, Rangers, Paladins and Druids what the Arcane series has done for Sorcerers and Wizards – greatly expand the number of options available to magic-using character classes. Kicking off with Fey Magic – Dreaming the Reverie, this 64 page sourcebook will provide all a player needs to know about contacting creatures of the Fey, winning their favour and harnessing their power. However, only one who is prepared to submit everything they are may court the friendship of the Fey, for they are capricious races all too ready to destroy the will of mortals.

This is the only thing that really catches my interest. I'm frankly surprised that there hasn't been more done with the fey out of the virtual flood of d20 products. At any rate, if ED:FM is done well at all, it'll be toward the top of my priorities.

baseballfury

First Post

Nikchick said:

So last week Paradigm announced an elf book for August and now suddenly you guys announce one for June. Shameless, absolutely shameless.

Why don't you slot in the Slayer's Guide to Flumphs instead? There's a much greater chance I'd buy that than support this kind of sleazy maneuvering.

Vanuslux

Explorer
Re: Re: Re: Re: (Mongoose) June Releases

baseballfury said:

So last week Paradigm announced an elf book for August and now suddenly you guys announce one for June. Shameless, absolutely shameless.

So...this makes what...four elf books on the way? Did no one think "Hey...if we're going to just on the racebook bandwagon, maybe we should get the jump on the competition by starting off with a different race than elves."

Not that I have anything against racebooks. I like them...though what I really want is something like the Quintessential Orc. The Slayers Guides, though interesting, are severely limited by their small size and (in my opinion) lack of vision. I'd really love to see a series of books which really fleshes out social, intelligent monster races to their fullest potential.

Why don't you slot in the Slayer's Guide to Flumphs instead? There's a much greater chance I'd buy that than support this kind of sleazy maneuvering.

Heh...I loved the old Ecology of the Flumph article in Dragon magazine.

drnuncheon

Explorer
baseballfury said:

Umm...you know you're responding to someone (Nikchick) working for Green Ronin, not someone working for Mongoose, right? Be careful with those quotes.

Originally posted by Vanuslux
So...this makes what...four elf books on the way? Did no one think "Hey...if we're going to just on the racebook bandwagon, maybe we should get the jump on the competition by starting off with a different race than elves."

You mean (not to sound like a broken record) like Green Ronin, who's starting off with Dwarves (Hammer & Helm)?

J

I don't mean to get grouchy, I just dislike it when I see people taking undeserved shots at a company whose stuff I like a lot.

Gez

First Post
A book about elves ? Why not, it's a good idea. But are you sure you needed a new collection for that ? You already had one perfectly adequate: gimmie the Slayer's Guide to Elves ! How to kill and torture these critters. How to make them regret being born. How to disgust players from adopting yet-again these damn munchkin biggots !

On the other hand, you could be sure I would buy a Quintessential Kobold book, just for the name if nothing else. Eh, I could even submit you subraces, prestige class and mythological background for them.

Vanuslux

Explorer
Re: Re: (Mongoose) June Releases

drnuncheon said:
You mean (not to sound like a broken record) like Green Ronin, who's starting off with Dwarves (Hammer & Helm)?

Och! I'd forgotten about Hammer & Helm because the name didn't jump to mind as a race book. My mistake. But that just shows one of the ways that Green Ronin is a cut above the average d20 publisher. I still stand on my point that it's a bit late in the game to be kicking off another racebook series with elves.

drnuncheon said:
I don't mean to get grouchy, I just dislike it when I see people taking undeserved shots at a company whose stuff I like a lot.

I might like some of the stuff that Mongoose publishes, but surely no one is jumping out of their seats to give Mongoose a gold star for "Most Original Concept". Maybe I'm wrong, but I still don't think calling the concept uninspired qualifies as a "cheap shot".

drnuncheon

Explorer

Vanuslux said:

I might like some of the stuff that Mongoose publishes, but surely no one is jumping out of their seats to give Mongoose a gold star for "Most Original Concept". Maybe I'm wrong, but I still don't think calling the concept uninspired qualifies as a "cheap shot".

I meant Green Ronin. :D

Mongoose_Matt

Adventurer
Publisher
Hi guys,

I do actually have a proposal for The Quintessential Kobold, though I am not sure there is much length to it! What I am rather more interested in is The Quintessential Half-Orc, the first draft of which is on my desk now, and it looks to be hot stuff.

Picking exactly which Quintessential book to release when is the haredst challenge for us at this point - on the one hand, we have some very left-turn ideas and proposals that I think will make people sit up and take notice. On the other hand, Fighters and Elves are likely to be a lot more popular. At this time we have a couple of 'mainstream' topics I want to address with the Quintessential series first (we always had to do Fighter, Thief, Cleric & Wizard before the rest), but from September onwards you should see some that are a little more off the wall - including the odd book here and there that supports settings other than the traditional medieval European setting. . .

Matthew Sprange

Remove ads