(Mongoose) June Releases

baseballfury

First Post
Re: Re: (Mongoose) June Releases

drnuncheon said:

Umm...you know you're responding to someone (Nikchick) working for Green Ronin, not someone working for Mongoose, right? Be careful with those quotes.

My bad. I originally wrote something about how I wasn't surprised, only saddened, but deleted that part. For the record, my post was directed towards Mongoose. Sorry Nikchick! Mad props to Green Ronin (whose Races of Renown books I do intend to buy)!

David

Mongoose_Matt

Adventurer
Publisher
Wulf: One of our in-house writers, Alejandro Melchor - this gentleman started with us in January and we were very fortunate to be able to convince him to join us as his writing is _hot_!!!!

You can see the first fruits of Alejandro's work next month with Ships of War and Encyclopaedia Arcane: Constructs - It Is Alive, the latter of which is a fantastic piece of work that leaves no stobne unturned when it comes to builging your very own animate creations.

Matthew Sprange
Mongoose Publishing

http://www.mongoosepublishing.com

Mongoose Alex

First Post
The Quintessential Rogue will be out in the last week of February. Its a little difficult to give exact dates as some retailers are faster at getting it from distributors than others.

Skraag - City of Orcs should be available next week.

Ships of War will follow hot the heels of Rogue.

Darrell

First Post
Just as a personal opinion, I'd rather see the various races (elves, half-orcs, kobolds, dwarves, three-toed spitting toadstools, frumious bandersnatches, or whatever) done as "Slayer's Guides" instead of "quintessential" books.

I just like the "Slayer's Guide" series--just enough basic detail on and fleshing-out of a given critter/half-nekkid chick to help me (as a DM) work up a decent scenario, without going into mid-numbingly minute detail or a hundred pointless rules additions/clarifications.

Matter of fact, the "Slayer's Guides" are the only 3e/d20 products released so far (excluding the basic three from WotC, of course) that I've been religiously purchasing--well, except for the 'Winter Wolves' thingy, but that's 'cuz I don't like pdfs.

Oh, well...just an opinion.

Regards,
Darrell King

Nebin

Explorer
Gnom Book ?

Hey guy's I saw the Quintessential Fighter for the first time this weekend and all I can say is WOW ! it is great and if all of them are this good you'll have them being sold out before you can print them.

A few questions for you...................

I saw that the Qu. Wizard is due out in May, will you cover all the sub classes like transmuter and Illusionist :D in one book ?

When is the Gnome and Halfling book/s due out ?

And least I for get the Illustration on Page 36 of th QF is the one for the Distract feat I'm guessing ;).

Mongoose_Matt

Adventurer
Publisher
Nebin: Mike Mearls is working on The Quintessential Wizard right now - overall, this book will focus on what wizards _are_ as opposed to what wizards can do. The actual schools of magic are more the province of the Encyclopaedia Arcane series. We'll be posting a preview of The Quintessential Wizard nearer its release date.

As for Gnomes and Halflings, oour current debate here at Mongoose is whether they should all be jammed into one book, or whether each needs 128 pages to fully explore there own little foibles. As a publisher, I can see the wisdom of having just one book but I can also guess at the wishes of Halfling and Gnome players :) To answer your question, one or the other will be out later this year, though we have yet to settle on specific content.

The next book in the series, by the way, is The Quintessential Rogue, being shipped out to distributors next week, so look for it in your local store soon.

Matthew Sprange
Mongoose Publishing

http://www.mongoosepublishing.com

Remove ads