Monitor Duty (Freedomverse OOC)

hero4hire

Explorer
Hawk pulled a Stunt to teleport. I think the minute he gets some new points to spend, he'll be adding Teleport to his repetoir. Master of Time and Space, baby.

Speaking of points. I don't think I awarded any yet? 3 point reward. 1 for participation/defeating baddies, 1 for roleplaying 1 for all coming back! ;)

GreenKarl

First Post
With 3XP Tarantula will increase his Evasion to rank 2, his Takedown attack to rank 2, and for the last one I think I will take one rank of Luck

Shayuri

First Post
Bwah! Nice! Thanks!

My sheet at home doesn't completely match the sheet you have in the RG.

Would it be possible for us to post up our character stats ourselves, so we can edit and make changes to the sheets? :)

Last edited:

tglassy

Adventurer
Looks like I can't edit the Roster, because I wasn't the one to post there. So I'll be adding 1 point to my Manipulate Gravity Array for another alternate power, if I'm allowed. I can't tell, but weren't my array powers based on 24 points? Because the first one, Gravity Blast, is rank 12, but with range it's 2 points per rank? If that's the case, I have some options:

Option 1:
Teleport 12.
This lets me teleport 16 miles, but I have to know where I'm going, and I come out at the same velocity and direction as I went in. Actually, not the best choice.

Option 2: Teleport 8 (Accurate)
Accurate lets me teleport 1 mile, but I don't need to know exactly where I'm going, I just need to have a general idea. This is like what he did with his Stunt. However, the cost is an extra 15 miles.

Option 3:
Teleport 6 (Portal)
Portal lets him open a portal that anyone can go through, but is limited to roughly a quarter mile. Great for rescue missions, or bringing the group past some barrier or another.

What do y'all think? Longer teleport, Accurate teleport, or Portal? I'm leaning against Portal right now, but still.

For the other two points, I'm actually looking at adding a Move Action, but I would need to talk to the GM about that. Space Travel would allow him to travel to different planets within the solar system, and I could just say it's teleporting. That would let him go to and from the Lighthouse.

But the one I really want is Time Travel. I want to start building his Time Powers, as Gravity has an effect on Time. The Movement Power on Time Travel allows one rank to allow him to travel to a specific point in the future or the past (I'd say future, as that's easier, but distant past could work, too.) I'm mainly offering this as a plot device for the DM. Having Time Travel, or Dimensional Travel, available to the group could be game breaking, or it could be frickin awesome.

Barring that, I'd like to start developing some Time Related powers, such as a Time Stop or some such.

Question, all of this is from manipulating gravity, but manipulating gravity has a very wide range of abilities. Should I be putting all this as an Array under that, or would "Time Powers" be completely different and need their own Array? What goes in an Array and what doesn't?

Shayuri

First Post
Hm. So I'm reverse-engineering Hex from the sheet in the rogue's gallery, but unless I'm making a huge miscount somewhere, she's way over the 150pp mark.

She's listed as having 74 points in powers, but right now I am showing 88.

Still trying to work out what's going on here. May need a bit of a rework. The 6 points will help, if so. :)

Hm, yeah. Okay, I have an idea though.

So right now I'm buying the Grimoire as a Sidekick. However, in the many moons since we played this, my concept of character design has perhaps matured a bit. I don't think the Grimoire IS a Sidekick.

It is pretty much incapable of independent action, you see. It can speak, but it can't DO anything. The main game effect of the Grimoire is twofold; It can help her with Knowledge: Arcana, and it is necessary for her to cast 'tome' spells from that array (modeled as those spells being Easily Removable).

...oh. That's where those extra points are coming from! I forgot the Easily Removable bonus.

But okay this still applies!

The main thing the Grimoire is is just RP. It's costing me 8 points to have...something that can Aid me in one kind of Skill checks, and has fun RP.

In hindsight, this is silly. As a design element it'd be much better just to put in some Skill Points in Knowledge Arcana that are Easily Removable (representing the Book's assistance when she has it with her). Maybe throw in a magical-knowledge themed Advantage like Artificer or something.

Because as of now, this Grimoire is being paid for as if it was a tiny person, with hands and feet, and capable of a full range of actions and so on...and it really isn't meant to be that.

Would making this change be acceptable?

Last edited:

Prometheus will spend 2 points to add Regeneration 2 to his Invulnerability, and 1 point to add Improved Defense to the Prescience portion of his Forethought array

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Astral will increase Mental Blast to 9. I believe that will take all 3 points, if I'm parsing the rules correctly. It's been a long time since I've played!

hero4hire

Explorer
Looks like I can't edit the Roster, because I wasn't the one to post there. So I'll be adding 1 point to my Manipulate Gravity Array for another alternate power, if I'm allowed. I can't tell, but weren't my array powers based on 24 points? Because the first one, Gravity Blast, is rank 12, but with range it's 2 points per rank? If that's the case, I have some options:

Option 1:
Teleport 12.
This lets me teleport 16 miles, but I have to know where I'm going, and I come out at the same velocity and direction as I went in. Actually, not the best choice.

Option 2: Teleport 8 (Accurate)
Accurate lets me teleport 1 mile, but I don't need to know exactly where I'm going, I just need to have a general idea. This is like what he did with his Stunt. However, the cost is an extra 15 miles.

Option 3:
Teleport 6 (Portal)
Portal lets him open a portal that anyone can go through, but is limited to roughly a quarter mile. Great for rescue missions, or bringing the group past some barrier or another.

What do y'all think? Longer teleport, Accurate teleport, or Portal? I'm leaning against Portal right now, but still.

For the other two points, I'm actually looking at adding a Move Action, but I would need to talk to the GM about that. Space Travel would allow him to travel to different planets within the solar system, and I could just say it's teleporting. That would let him go to and from the Lighthouse.

But the one I really want is Time Travel. I want to start building his Time Powers, as Gravity has an effect on Time. The Movement Power on Time Travel allows one rank to allow him to travel to a specific point in the future or the past (I'd say future, as that's easier, but distant past could work, too.) I'm mainly offering this as a plot device for the DM. Having Time Travel, or Dimensional Travel, available to the group could be game breaking, or it could be frickin awesome.

Barring that, I'd like to start developing some Time Related powers, such as a Time Stop or some such.

Question, all of this is from manipulating gravity, but manipulating gravity has a very wide range of abilities. Should I be putting all this as an Array under that, or would "Time Powers" be completely different and need their own Array? What goes in an Array and what doesn't?
Spacewarp is fine. I'd prefer you keep Time Travel stuff as a Stunt for now. It isn't something I really appropriate for the current adventure as it opens a Can of Worms.
As long as it is Thematically appropriate you can add powers to your array. Just be careful not to have a clunky overly large one.

hero4hire

Explorer
Hm. So I'm reverse-engineering Hex from the sheet in the rogue's gallery, but unless I'm making a huge miscount somewhere, she's way over the 150pp mark.

She's listed as having 74 points in powers, but right now I am showing 88.

Still trying to work out what's going on here. May need a bit of a rework. The 6 points will help, if so. :)

Hm, yeah. Okay, I have an idea though.

So right now I'm buying the Grimoire as a Sidekick. However, in the many moons since we played this, my concept of character design has perhaps matured a bit. I don't think the Grimoire IS a Sidekick.

It is pretty much incapable of independent action, you see. It can speak, but it can't DO anything. The main game effect of the Grimoire is twofold; It can help her with Knowledge: Arcana, and it is necessary for her to cast 'tome' spells from that array (modeled as those spells being Easily Removable).

...oh. That's where those extra points are coming from! I forgot the Easily Removable bonus.

But okay this still applies!

The main thing the Grimoire is is just RP. It's costing me 8 points to have...something that can Aid me in one kind of Skill checks, and has fun RP.

In hindsight, this is silly. As a design element it'd be much better just to put in some Skill Points in Knowledge Arcana that are Easily Removable (representing the Book's assistance when she has it with her). Maybe throw in a magical-knowledge themed Advantage like Artificer or something.

Because as of now, this Grimoire is being paid for as if it was a tiny person, with hands and feet, and capable of a full range of actions and so on...and it really isn't meant to be that.

Would making this change be acceptable?
As long as the changes are fairly cosmetic and you don't suddenly have a bunch of new power sets. Post up the new sheet and I will go over it.

Remove ads