• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Monk Ki Strike (Lawful) - Any Use?

robberbaron

First Post
My question is:

Are there actually any creatures with DR/Lawful?

I've gone through MM but can't see any. Doesn't mean there aren't any, just that I may not be particularly observant.

robberbaron

First Post
Only Grey and Death Slaads. The others have Fast Healing.
Edit: Just been through MM again and can only add Titans to the list.

So, is that it? A class special ability that is only of use against 3 core creatures?

Is it just me or is that pathetic?
Ki Strike (Silver) would be much more useful.

Last edited:

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
robberbaron said:
So, is that it? A class special ability that is only of use against 3 core creatures?

Is it just me or is that pathetic?

Not just you, it IS pathetic!

I'd be half-inclined to stick with an alignment based effect at that level and make it be Ki Strike(good) or Ki Strike(evil) (based on the monks alignment, LN monks to make a one-off choice or something).

Cheers

Darklone

Plane Sailing said:
Not just you, it IS pathetic!

I'd be half-inclined to stick with an alignment based effect at that level and make it be Ki Strike(good) or Ki Strike(evil) (based on the monks alignment, LN monks to make a one-off choice or something).

Cheers
Good fix.

IanB

First Post
Does every class ability have to be broadly useful?

Taking away ki strike(lawful) probably endangers a lot of those githyanki monasteries in Limbo, after all...

seans23

First Post
Bad Paper said:
There's something from...Libris Mortis? Something like that. Some creepy thing, DR 10/lawful.

Entropic Reaper has DR 10/Lawful and Cold Iron... so it doesn't help you too much.

Ki Strike (Cold Iron) would be cool, though, wouldn't it? :lol:

Last edited:

Remove ads