• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Monkey Grip rules

Volomon

First Post
I just have a question about Monkey Grip feat and can't readily find anything in the books.

If you have this feat can you wield two medium two handed weapons?

irdeggman

First Post
I just have a question about Monkey Grip feat and can't readily find anything in the books.

If you have this feat can you wield two medium two handed weapons?

3.0 or 3.5?

In 3.5 being 2 handed has nothing to do with the feat (weapon sizes and off hand weapons function a lot differently in 3.5).

Complete Warrior (3.5 version of the feat)

Allows you to wield a "larger" weapon as if it were appropriately sized but you still suffer the incorrect size penalty (i.e a -2 on attacks) and you can[t use it for your off hand.

There is an epic feat "Wield Oversized Weapon" pg 154 of Complete Warrior that would allow you to wield a larger wepon in your off hand as well.

Sword and Fist (3.0 version) says you can use 1 weapon that is 1 size larger than you in one hand and then you suffer a -2 penalty on attacks.

I would say that since it states "1 weapon and 1 hand" then it is stongly implied that you can't apply this to the off hand.

Dandu

First Post
Additional information: Don't take Monkey Grip. It's a trap unless you're a really, really large character. And no, it doesn't stack with Powerful Build.

TheClone

First Post
There should be a feat in "Complete Adventurer" or "Complete Warrior" that is called "Oversized Two Weapon Fighting". Should have some TWF prerequisites and maybe STR 13 or so. It allows wielding a medium sized weapon in your off-hand without the usual penalty.

It's 3.5e by the way.

Remove ads