Monkey's Monster Madness! (IC)

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
OOC: Thorgrimm is up, with one centipede left to go.

OOC: The centipede will take the following action if it is still alive after Thorgrim's action, then Uthar, Jerak and Josea are up (go ahead and post your actions unless it is clear that Thorgrim has killed the last centipede).

The final centipede attempts to take another chunk out of Thorgrim.

Bite attack and damage (1d20+4=19, 1d3-5=-3)

Yet again, Thorgrim is munched on. OOC: Another Fort save, please (unless this action is cancelled by Thorgrim mushing the thing).

Myth and Legend

First Post
Thorgrim grinned and aimed his axe at the last critter. The tiny centipede almost managed to scurry away, but the wide axe-blade caught it's hid legs and chopped them off, green ooze pouring form the severed limbs. "HA! Die ye bug!"

[sblock] Dwarven Waraxe vs Centipede: 10+4=14, DMG: 4+3= 7. Oh and sorry for keeping everyone waiting for so long i though CM was away so i didn't check the threads [/sblock]

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
The final centipede splatters.

Wendel pokes his head in, "Is...is it safe? Are they all dead?"

OOC: Thorgrim needs to make 7 follow-up Fortitude saves. The DC is 10 and he will take 1 point of Dex damage for each failed save. Everyone gets another 75 XP which will be noted in the first post.

Chapter Four: Sewer Rats

Wendel mops his forehead with a handkerchief, the nervous sweat finally abating somewhat.

"I need to go find that silly donkey. He ran off at the first sight of those vile things. In the meantime, I was going to tell you that I think I know where the rat from my familiar collection went off to. The town's sewers have a rather large rat infestation. There's a grate that spills off into the river. You can get in through there. Remember, I need the one with the arcane mark alive, if you please."

OOC: If you want to rest first, feel free to do so. If Thorgrimm suffers any ability score damage from the centipede poison, he'll only heal 1 point of that if the group rests before taking on the rats.

The sewer grate is easy enough to remove to allow entry, though the smell from the modest sewer is particularly foul. After traversing the river run-off tunnel for about 50 feet, the group finds itself at an intersection...and hears the chittering of what sounds like a whole horde of rats.

OOC: As with the bats, if you can get the marked rat back to Wendel alive and well, you'll each get 30 bonus XP.

OOC: Roll initiative!

Last edited:

Arkhandus

First Post
Uthar grunts and mutters "Sewers! Why'd it hafta be sewers.....Ah'd sooner go sloshin' 'round a kuo-toa's hold an' choppin' up fish-men than divin' through rank sewage.....gahh...." The dwarf follows along nonetheless. He tears off a few small pieces of cloth to stuff up his nostrils.

Initiative: 9
1d20+2=9

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
The rats emerge from the darkness of the tunnels on all sides.

OOC: Initiative Order

16 - Thorgrim
14 - Jerak
11 - Josea
9 - Uthar
4 - 10 Rats

OOC: Thorgrim is up first, though everyone can post their actions (try to do it initiative order, though that isn't strictly necessary). Everyone make Spot checks to see if you can make out which rat is the marked one.

renau1g

First Post
Jerak will maneuver himself into a position that he can blast as many rats as possible with his color spray.

The wild display of colour blocks the sorceror from locating the correct rat.

[sblock=OOC]
Move to position to catch as many enemies and avoid allies.

Cast colour spray, Will DC 14 saves.

Spot spot (1d20+1=5) nope
[/sblock]

Remove ads