Monster Manual Errata

Forrester

First Post
nameless said:
They also didn't fix the monkey's advancement. It goes straight from tiny to medium with one HD change.

-nameless

You think that's bad, check out the Owl's advancement.

1HD to 1HD makes them go from Tiny to Medium.

It's true, it's true!

We've been talking about the exact same thing (errata'ing the errata) in the General RPG thread.

We should probably talk some brave moderator somewhere into combining them and then closing one of them.

Crothian

First Post
Forrester said:

You think that's bad, check out the Owl's advancement.

1HD to 1HD makes them go from Tiny to Medium.

It's true, it's true!

We've been talking about the exact same thing (errata'ing the errata) in the General RPG thread.

We should probably talk some brave moderator somewhere into combining them and then closing one of them.

Combine an owl with a monkey? I know Pig and Elephant DNA won't splice, but I'm not sure about monkey and the owl.:D

Might not be a terrible idea if one could get the monators away from all the silly posts in general forum. Wonder which forum this thread should really go in? I placed it here because it impacts the rules pretty heavily.

Kaptain_Kantrip

First Post
I checked out the errata and found all kinds of mistakes. Like, a whole bunch of supposed "changes" to text that is the same as that in the MM! IMO, most of the changes were not even worth writing down.

The Sage gave me the same lame answer about "force of personality" for the Harpy's Charisma that you got for the Hill Giant. Makes no sense. A separate "Comeliness" stat would sure make it easier, LOL, but that's a whole 'nother can of worms! :)

Iku Rex

Explorer
I am so sick of incomplete erratas. When Skip Williams makes a ruling that contradicts the core rules, he should take a few minutes to inform whoever writes the erratas.

Two very important corrections missing (OTTOMH).

They didn't fix the "Improved Grab" description. Right now it doesn't work the way the Sage says it should work. (In fact, it doesn't make any sense at all.)

And no update on "natural" and "extraordinary" abilities. (According to the Sage Rake(Ex) and Constrict(Ex) aren't extraordinary.) This is very important to the Polymorph spells.

Xahn'Tyr

First Post
They didn't fix the "Improved Grab" description. Right now it doesn't work the way the Sage says it should work. (In fact, it doesn't make any sense at all.)
Could you summarize Skip's view on this, or give me a pointer to the thread? I wasn't aware of any Sage changes/clarifications to Improved Grab.

dcollins

Explorer
Ragnar Rocker said:
Dwarves still have that EWP dwarven waraxe, which they aren't strong enough to use.

Hmmm... I don't see any minimum Strength or limitation in my books on that weapon that would prevent a Dwarf from using it.

Storm Raven

First Post
Eamon

dcollins said:
Hmmm... I don't see any minimum Strength or limitation in my books on that weapon that would prevent a Dwarf from using it.

Check in the description of the Exotic Weapon Proficiency feat, it says that the Exotic proficiencies for the Bastard Sword and Dwarven Waraxe require a Strength of 13+. Does the standard MM dwarf have a 13+ Strength?

Ragnar Rocker

First Post
No he doesn't, which would give him a -4 non-proficiency penalty to attacks. It would be fine if they were used in two hands, but they're not, since dwarves use heavy shields as well.

Remove ads