D&D 5E Monster Manual Expanded III HARDCOVER/PoD is FINALLY OUT! Get it now from the DM's Guild!

@Nixlord , where would you like me to post typos or other issues I notice? Here or on DMsGuild or somewhere else?

Also, loving the book so far. I like how you have really fleshed-out a few groups of monsters - nice work. I also particularly like the dragon templates.
Yeah, I was impressed by those as well on my quick skim-through.

My only worry there was wondering how much of that section will be invalidated by Fizban's. But then again, that's partly why the PoD won't be available until after that release...

dave2008

Legend

My only worry there was wondering how much of that section will be invalidated by Fizban's. But then again, that's partly why the PoD won't be available until after that release...
That is a good question, but I honestly don't think Fiz ban's is going to have templates like the MMEIII, or are you talking about something else?

Nixlord

DM's Guild Author
Publisher

I was already expecting a draconomicon type of book even before Fizban's so I was fully committed. I don't think there'll be any multiheaded dragons. The spectral dragon template is a possibility although I think they'll make a ghost dragon template one (which is slightly different from the spectral template).

If there are any duplicates (I know the deep dragon has been announced), I already know what to do. Of course, any new lore will now have to be adapted and mine modified or scrapped.

If the new deep dragon looks exactly like the purple dragon, then I'll just adapt/copy it, scrap the duplicate ages, and apply the new template to my other ages.

I hope they don't have the brainstealer dragon lol, that would be a headache, but yeah, it's fine.

The dracotaurs are a possibility too but that shouldn't be a problem since they might only come up with one default dracotaur.

Nixlord

DM's Guild Author
Publisher
And it has bumped Keith Baker's Dread Metrol: Into the Mists of the #1 spot. Nice job @Nixlord!

Thanks! I guess a lot of dungeon masters can't have enough monsters hehe. Just like I can't have enough miniatures (even though I've only been able to use barely 20% of them). :p

Nixlord

DM's Guild Author
Publisher
Picked it up and been oggling over it - nicely done! When are you expecting to be able to put out the POD version again? Definately want this on my shelf.

Ideally by late October, but it will depend on the amount of changes required after Fizban's. So it will likely be early to mid November.

I was already expecting a draconomicon type of book even before Fizban's so I was fully committed. I don't think there'll be any multiheaded dragons. The spectral dragon template is a possibility although I think they'll make a ghost dragon template one (which is slightly different from the spectral template).

If there are any duplicates (I know the deep dragon has been announced), I already know what to do. Of course, any new lore will now have to be adapted and mine modified or scrapped.

If the new deep dragon looks exactly like the purple dragon, then I'll just adapt/copy it, scrap the duplicate ages, and apply the new template to my other ages.

I hope they don't have the brainstealer dragon lol, that would be a headache, but yeah, it's fine.

The dracotaurs are a possibility too but that shouldn't be a problem since they might only come up with one default dracotaur.
The purple/deep dragon was exactly what I was thinking of when I wrote that. But, you'll still have the extra age categories for them at least. Also, I'm not sure how fast your turnaround would be, but you could fill any space from removing redundant dragons by adding in your extra age categories for other Fizban's dragons.

By the way, the multi-headed dragons look perfect to surprise players who venture into the lair of a dragon they've only heard rumors of, and suddenly find they will have to deal with a lot more than they bargained for!

Remove ads