• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Monsterous racial conflicts

Woas

First Post
Hi gang. I was wondering what racial conflicts existed in the D&D multiverse(s). The two I know of are: Elves vs. Orcs and Mind Flayers vs. Githyanki/zerai. Obviously Celestials vs. Demons/devils/fiends is one, but that is less racial and more alignmental. So does anyone know any more cases of monsterous racial hatred and conflict? Like, who are sworn enemies of beholders? Of yuan-ti? I ask because I would like to use such information for a plot in a game I am running but have no use for elves, orcs, illithids and giths.

Thanks.

Wik

First Post
dear lord. Where to start?

You've got:

Dwarf vs. Orc
Dwarf vs. Giants
Gnomes vs. Kobolds
Elf vs. Drow
Thri-Kreen vs. Elf

Sejs

First Post
Yuan-ti vs Humans though the humans don't (and shouldn't) know it.
Mind Flayers vs Everyone, basically (Or everyone that can be made a thrall or lunch, if you'd rather).
Beholders vs Literally Everyone, up to and including Themselves.
Aboleths vs Everyone, particularly those they can dominate.
Dragons vs Themselves.
Kobolds vs Other Humanoids for Living Space.
Kobolds vs Gnomes.
Goblinoids vs Gnomes/Dwarves.
Githyanki vs Githzerai.
Gelatinous Cubes vs Dirty Hallways.
Yugoloths vs Tanaari and Baatezu Bank Accounts.
Djinn vs Efreet (or possibly any elemental race vs its opposite element).
Yikaria (Yak Folk) vs Genies.
Orcs vs Humans.
Orcs vs Pretty Much Everybody Because They Took What Was Ours (dey took 'r jerbs! erm, lands! ><).
Sea Elves vs Saughin.

Tsillanabor

First Post
Sejs said:
Yugoloths vs Tanaari and Baatezu Bank Accounts.

Heh-that's good.

Giants vs. Humans are a near-constant in my game.
Undead vs. Living
Luckily Beholder vs. Beholder seems more important to them than Beholder vs. Everyone else.

Drowbane

First Post
Cats vs Human Commoners
Everyone vs Gungans
Humans (most common adventurer race) vs who or whatever is worth the most XP at the time

Drowbane

First Post
Eberron: Daelkyr vs the World, Gnomes vs the World (world just hasn't noticed yet), Drow versus Tomb-Raiding adventurers, Silver Flame worshipers vs Lycanthropes and Undead(?), Elves vs Giants, Dwarves vs Everyone else's bank accounts, Orcs vs Aberrations, Blue collar workers vs post-war Warforged (damn machines can work 12hr shifts without slowing!!)...

Shemeska

Adventurer
Red Slaadi vs Blue Slaadi

Modrons vs Parai (Visilights)

Modrons vs Formians (the corrupted Formians dumped into Mechanus, not the mildly good ones in Arcadia)

Yugoloths vs Demodands (Gehreleths)

Efreeti vs Djinn

Mephits vs everyone's nerves

Sahuagin vs Sea Elf

Remove ads