• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Monsters of Rock (New Challenge)!

Shade

Monster Junkie
In the spirit of March Movie Monster Madness, I bring you Monsters of Rock.

No, I'm not talking about earth elemental or galeb duhrs. I'm talking rock n' roll. It's simple-- take a band, a song, or even CD cover art, and turn it into a creature. It doesn't even have to be a band you like, just as long as it gives you an idea that would make a worthy D&D monster.

I've been meaning to do this for awhile now, but never really found the time. The recent threads about song lyrics as inspiration for adventures and character names have reminded me to get this going.

This can be a competition, but doesn't have to be. Don't limit yourself to one entry...the more the merrier.

Check out my first one over in Homebrews...Allister Fiend, Motley Crue's mascot. :cool:

Last edited:

Shade

Monster Junkie
BOZ, I think you need to create Metallica. ;)

I wonder if we could get Scott back here to create Eddie from Iron Maiden. I seem to recall him talking about doing that long ago, but I'm not sure if he ever did.

DungeonmasterCal

First Post
The Dark Avenger (from the Manowar song of the same name). I think now he'd be a fallen Paladin/Blackguard with the Death Knight template. And don't forget Fleetwood Mac's "The Green Manalishi (With the Two Pronged Crown)" (covered by Judas Priest). Priest's "Hellion" would be good, too, as would "Children of the Sea", by Black Sabbath.
The list could go on and on and on....................

Shade

Monster Junkie
DungeonmasterCal said:
The Dark Avenger (from the Manowar song of the same name). I think now he'd be a fallen Paladin/Blackguard with the Death Knight template. And don't forget Fleetwood Mac's "The Green Manalishi (With the Two Pronged Crown)" (covered by Judas Priest). Priest's "Hellion" would be good, too, as would "Children of the Sea", by Black Sabbath.
The list could go on and on and on....................

Indeed it could. ;)

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Whose gonna do a Bat Outta Hell? (and please give it a Motorbike)

oh and the One-eyed, One-horned Flying Purple People Eater

Olly

First Post
What about the Shiny Demon from Tenacious D's 'Tribute'?

007.jpg

Or this ghoulish... 'thing'... from the Aphex Twin's 'Come To Daddy' video?

5266.jpg

And, while technically, it's not rock, I've always considered the human-faced monkeys in the video to Basement Jaxx's 'Where's Your Head At?' to be quite horrifying.

wyha_still.jpg

Shade

Monster Junkie
Yeah, the "D" deserves a tribute. Explosivo!

Iron Man would definitely be cool. He's got a helluva backstory. :)

Remove ads