D&D 5E Monsters & Weapons: Two Hardcover D&D Books For Kids Coming In 2019

Two Dungeons & Dragons books have popped up on Amazon, published by Ten Speed Press, who are the same people who produced the recent Art & Arcana book which has been lauded widely. Both are 112 pages, and have a recommended age of 8-12 years.

aac.jpg

Monsters & Creatures: An Adventurer's Guide (Dungeons & Dragons)
This introductory guide to DUNGEONS & DRAGONS provides a fun and immersive primer to its beasts and monsters.

In this illustrated guide, you're transported to the legendary and magical worlds of Dungeons & Dragons and presented with one-of-a-kind entries for some of its most sinister, foul and memorable monsters. Featuring amazing illustrations and expert insights on some of D&D's most dangerous monsters, the guide shines a spotlight on the beasts that scare and excite and cause trouble for adventurers, from creatures that live underground, to those that dwell in the wilderness and boneyards, to those that soar in the sky. In these profiles you will find information on the size of each monster, its danger level, and tips for how to survive an encounter. The perfect entry point for young fans of fantasy eager to become D&D adventurers, this book also features introductory "Encounter" stories so readers can practice the problem-solving skills they'll need to fight these monsters when they play a D&D adventure of their own.

Warriors and Weapons: An Adventurer's Guide (Dungeons & Dragons)

This introductory guide to DUNGEONS & DRAGONS provides an illustrated primer to many of the D&D characters you can play in D&D, along with the weapons and adventuring tools these characters carry.

In this illustrated guide, you're transported to the legendary and magical worlds of Dungeons & Dragons where you are presented with one-of-a-kind entries for different types of warriors, as well as the weaponry these fighters need for D&D adventuring. This guide includes detailed illustrations of the weapons, armor, clothing, and other equipment that fighters use, and offers the tools young, aspiring adventurers need for learning how to build their own characters, including sample profiles, a flowchart to help decide what type of warrior to be, and brainstorming challenges to start thinking like an adventurer whether on your own or in the midst of an exciting quest with friends and fellow players.

Both books are priced at $12.99, 112 pages, hardcover, with a release date of July 9th, 2019. No images are available yet.

Thanks to timbolton for the scoop!

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
errmm... What are "term agers"?

It isn't a precise term, but generally term agers are people who are 40 years old or older that use outdated words or define words in a way that "dates" them (i.e., associates them with an earlier decade). They reveal their age with terms, therefore "term agers."

Last edited by a moderator:

With a "recommended age" of 8-12 it's really more elementary/ primary than junior high/ middle school.
It generally means really strong grade 2s to struggling grade 5-6. By the time kids hit 12ish, strong readers are ready for the actual novels and books. This is probably good for 9-10yos

Thankfully, my son is 8 right now. So totally picking these up.

So we riot if there are not at least a dozen polearms in the Weapon book right?

Jokes aside, I wonder if all the art in the book is gonna be original art or if it will be reused stuff from the Dungeon Masters Guide and the like. Same with the Monster Book.

12.99 Seems cheap for an art book from a notable brand.

It's a cheap product aimed at kids and selling them on the game.
It's almost certainly going to be 90% recycled art.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
It isn't a precise term, but generally term agers are people who are 40 years old or older that use outdated words or define words in a way that "dates" them (i.e., associates them with an earlier decade). They belay their age with terms, therefore "term agers."

spellcheck + fat thumbs = term agers.

When I was a kid, this sort of thing would totally be up my alley. I remember pouring over illustrations and photos of medieval weaponry, loving the Arms & Equipment guide and Shadowrun’s Street Samurai Catalog.

Heck, as a 40-something, it still sounds pretty cool.

This guide includes detailed illustrations of the weapons, armor, clothing, and other equipment that fighters use, and offers the tools young, aspiring adventurers need for learning how to build their own characters, including sample profiles, a flowchart to help decide what type of warrior to be, and brainstorming challenges to start thinking like an adventurer whether on your own or in the midst of an exciting quest with friends and fellow players.

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
With a "recommended age" of 8-12 it's really more elementary/ primary than junior high/ middle school.
It generally means really strong grade 2s to struggling grade 5-6. By the time kids hit 12ish, strong readers are ready for the actual novels and books. This is probably good for 9-10yos

Thankfully, my son is 8 right now. So totally picking these up.

I have two sons in the age range for these books. It give me an excuse to read easy-reading fantasy fiction.

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases