Level Up (A5E) Monstrous Menagerie Preview: Blue Dragon

If you love dragons, and don’t have the Monstrous Menagerie yet, here’s a preview of one iconic monster: the blue dragon! The MoMe has nearly 100 pages of dragons, including chromatic, metallic, essence, and gem dragons.

You can get the PDF of the MoMe now, or pre-order the hardcover!

Screen Shot 2021-12-26 at 1.24.03 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-12-26 at 1.24.57 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-12-26 at 1.25.40 PM.png

Davinshe

Explorer
in general, I have been not at all enthused by 5e advanced because it feels like it adds way too much complexity compared to the value those changes bring. However, I've generally felt like 5e monsters need more complexity; too many need an interesting signature ability to make them stand out. So I might end up using the 5e advanced monsters while rejecting the rest of the system.

J-H

Hero
in general, I have been not at all enthused by 5e advanced because it feels like it adds way too much complexity compared to the value those changes bring. However, I've generally felt like 5e monsters need more complexity; too many need an interesting signature ability to make them stand out. So I might end up using the 5e advanced monsters while rejecting the rest of the system.
Yeah, the 5eA MM is the only part I'm getting.

NotAYakk

Legend
Nice. The but where they lose 2 AC when out of LR is an interesting idea, but it seems a bit small to track and remember; if you have battered down all 3 LRs, 2 AC isn't going to be your problem. If it was 2 AC per LR...

I am just the opposite here. I think A5e adds in a decent amount of complexity, versatility and customization to the game. :)

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases