D&D 5E Monte Cook's Ptolus Kickstarter Has Launched

This is one of MCG's luxury products - at nearly 700 pages depicting a massive, detailed fantasy city, we're looking at $150 for the book, or $40 for the PDF, either for D&D 5E or Cypher System.

368bdca57043b7894c722d3b476987f4_original.jpg

"Monte Cook’s legendary campaign setting, Ptolus, is being updated for both Fifth Edition and the Cypher System.

At 672 beautiful pages, Ptolus: Monte Cook’s City by the Spire isn’t just huge. Top-notch art and abundant cartography grace virtually every page. Innovative features make the premium-quality book uniquely easy to navigate and use. Physical and digital extras include handouts, player maps, and posters, totaling hundreds of pages. Nearly 1,000 pages in all!

And that’s not all: Most backer levels include a massive library of every single existing Ptolus product. Get the original version of Ptolus plus 26 additional PDF titles—2100 pages of content worth over $250—so you can explore the city and plan for your adventures right away."

You can also download a free 32-page introductory Player's Guide.

Last edited:

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Is there any posts or spots discussing campaigns yet, back like the old days?
Not really. There was some talk on the Kickstarter comment feed of starting some up, but I don't know that anything ever came of it. There's posts here and on RPGnet, but nothing newish.

My campaign, which began in 2006, continues.

GlassJaw

Hero
Got mine over the weekend but unfortunately the front cover is damaged - dent on the bottom edge. Emailed customer service, hoping to hear back. Packaging was quite minimal considering the cost and weight of the book. It's disappointing.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
You’ve been playing a Ptolus campaign for 15 years now? That’s impressive!
We started when I preordered the 3E book. We started a "temporary" play by post campaign set on the far side of the map, down in the Prustan Peninsula, just to get everyone up to speed with 3E, with the intention of starting over when the Big Book was released. Naturally, things, escalated and that game continued, with characters visiting Uraq, Tarsis, the Southern Sea, the (unbeknownst to them) location of the Fane of the Demon God and more.

And now, at long last, they've arrived in Ptolus itself.

I've also used the book for a bunch of one-shot and shorter games as well, of course.

There's a lot in the book.

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases