Feanor Starym

First Post
I figured this could be it's name...
after all:
named after item in DMG.
linked in some way to "gnomish Kama Sutra"
"apparatus" hmm....
:p
and it is a rather technologically magical item, suitable to gnomsh interests.
And, finally it is something that Dnd players have been asking for for ages, but WotC and TSR have never done before:
going by all this, i'd say it's a Invention/Magical Technology book.

Aku

First Post
Samurai Jack Chick

There is no way that the answer you have provided could be true. Remember, it is something that would make Jack Chick angry. I doubt he would become enraged at a bunch of lobsters, even if they were mechanical and enslaved to the will of the almighty Aku.

Kwalish Kid

Explorer
New Project

There cannot be a confirmation of this project at this time.

Attachments

• screen_wrath_and_glory_menu_ulisses_us.png
    screen_wrath_and_glory_menu_ulisses_us.png
    491.8 KB · Views: 22,074
  • screen_wrath_and_glory_ulisses_us.png
    screen_wrath_and_glory_ulisses_us.png
    446 KB · Views: 271

Volaran

First Post
I don't know...he consideres imaginary magic to be offensive.

Technology is something you can easily prove exists.

So, if they put out a megi-tech book, he might make the connection and rant on about how Wizards has finally confirmed everything he's been saying for years. Stranger things have happened.

bret

First Post
Obsidian Steed is probably enough to get Chick in an uproar. An infernal machine that will takes the rider straight to hell.

Given the whole thing about looking up bugs (Ebony Fly) and the other clues, I'm pretty sure it is a book about constructs.

Feanor Starym

First Post
Chick would be angry because...
drum roll...
ITS ANOTHER DND SUPPLEMENT WHICH SEES MORE DISTRIBUTION THAN ANY OF HIS TRACTS AND WHICH PEOPLE ACTUALLY TAKE MORE SERIOUSLY!

*pants for breath*

Scarab

First Post
Feanor Starym said:
Chick would be angry because...
drum roll...
ITS ANOTHER DND SUPPLEMENT WHICH SEES MORE DISTRIBUTION THAN ANY OF HIS TRACTS AND WHICH PEOPLE ACTUALLY TAKE MORE SERIOUSLY!

*pants for breath*

Actually, I think Chicks tracts are more widely distributed. After all, he's popular both among roleplayers and religious fundies, whereas fundies usually aren't too fond of D&D.

kenjib

First Post
I thought that the clue regarding Jack Chick being angry was worded in a vague enough way that it could have simply been the fact that it was a D&D product that would make Jack Chick upset. I don't recall the specifics, however, and the thread is long gone.

My final guess was similar: Apparatus of Kwalish - a book of tinkering...certainly a labor of love for a gnome. *shrug*

Ziggurat

First Post
Friend of mine came up with the name I'm almost certain will be the correct one: Tome of Ultimate Evil. I'm fairly sure that it will be a book of some kind, because all the other sourcebooks (Handbook, Guide, Manual) have some book-related name also.

And it's gonna be all about being an evil character and doing evil things in imaginative and evil ways. I can only imagine how much Jack Chick would hate that....

Zappo

Explorer
Bah. I was the first to propose Apparatus of Kwalish in the first thread on the old boards. Now I hope for Deck of Many Things.

Remove ads