• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Monty Python's Top 20 sketches

EricNoah

Adventurer
Morrus said:
The live Policeman's Ball verson of the parrot sketch is better than the original, in my opinion. For some reason, when those performing a sketch are trying desparately not to laugh (and failing, from time to time), the sketch just becomes so much funnier. It's that image of someone just trying to get his line out, but is trying so hard to hold in his laughter that he just can't quite do it (especially when you know exactly what the line is).

I know what you mean; I recently rented Live at the Hollywood Bowl and was pretty impressed -- I'd kind of forgotten that they came from a tradition of live performances. After seeing them on TV and in movies you kind of forget that they're also funy live performers.

No Cheese Shop? That's just wrong... :(
I also like I Like Traffic Lights, Man turns into Scotsman, The semaphore version of "Wuthering Heights", Bruces, and the one with the play-by-play commentary of a famous writer whom I can't remember right now.

Dinkeldog

Sniper o' the Shrouds
I agree on #1, but miss out on Australian Table Wines and "I Like Chinese". Is "The Galaxy Song" outside of official Python canon?

Dracomeander

First Post
Ghostwind said:
I'm surprised that "How Not to Be Seen" from And Now For Something Completely Different didn't make the top 20. I love that skit.

I have to agree. Those are my two favorites after the dead parrot. 'How not to be seen' gets referenced almost once a month by someone in one of my gaming groups. (And no its not me or even the same person all the time.)

ElMorte

Explorer
I didn't expect the spanish inquisition on first place. *g*

But i really dont know.

I really, really dont know.

I really, really, really dont know with sketch would be better.

Remove ads