Moon Knight - SPOILERS

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
Looking back at it, Taweret only had Marc's and Steven's hearts and tried to balance them. Jake (and presumably his heart) was still locked away in the sarcophagus.
I don't think so. I think the theory put forth earlier in the thread that Jake is a subpersonality of Steven is correct. They could not balance the heart while Steven and Marc went through their history, but as soon as Steven fell into the sand leaving Marc behind, the heart balanced. If it was imbalanced due to Jake being locked away, Marc wouldn't have balanced after Steven fell.

Thomas Shey

Legend
My guess is they will something akin to Wandavision and Dr Strange 2. The tv show opens up some threads that can be used and resolved in a later movie.

I think what would be really interesting is to show moon knight in the movie.... as a villain! Its the Jake persona taken hold, and only later on do we get Marc/Steven back for complications.

I'm still reading the tea leaves and thinking something with a version of the Midnight Sons might be coming along, by and by.

Unless Phase 4 is meant to be a transitional one and all the new superheroes will be part of a Phase 5 or something.

Well. it did take all the Phase 1 and 2 movies to build up to Phase 3 and defeating Thanos twice. For Phase 4, everything after Far From Home is part of it, both TV and movies. But now that the MCU has been built, they probably only need one build-up Phase.

pukunui

Legend
Well. it did take all the Phase 1 and 2 movies to build up to Phase 3 and defeating Thanos twice. For Phase 4, everything after Far From Home is part of it, both TV and movies. But now that the MCU has been built, they probably only need one build-up Phase.
It just feels like they're still building up to something, so yeah, Phase 4 must be a build up to Phase 5, which will feature all the major multiverse and the fight to stop Kang.

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
Especially so god-like magic, that can manipulate the turning of the days.
But that was entirely consistent for a god of the Night Sky. They don't have "generic" god-like magic that allows them to do anything, they just have masterful control over their portfolio. And doing so in an overt way will alert the other gods.

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
I feel like we've mostly been watching Phase 3.5. The new Dr Strange movie may be the first of the actual Phase 4. I haven't seen it yet, so not really sure, but it feels like mostly it's either been dealing with fallout from Phase 3 and setting up the next wave of superheroes to replace those who've died/retired and who will make up the real Phase 4.

Unless Phase 4 is meant to be a transitional one and all the new superheroes will be part of a Phase 5 or something.
Marvel can introduce and use heroes across multiple phases. See Iron Man, from Phase I through III. Or The Hulk, who was introduced (with Ed Norton) in Phase I and is still going.

So far Phase 4 has introduced The Eternals and Shang-Chi as well as having characters from previous Phases, especially when you consider that the Marvel shows are considered canon.

Ryujin

Legend
But that was entirely consistent for a god of the Night Sky. They don't have "generic" god-like magic that allows them to do anything, they just have masterful control over their portfolio. And doing so in an overt way will alert the other gods.
Not sure what you're arguing here.

Mezuka

Hero
Stay tuned for season two while the two outed personalities try to understand and merge with the third... show should have been called Russian Doll... wait, there is one already, and it's very good, check it out. I'll watch RD season two instead.

Haiku Elvis

Knuckle-dusters, glass jaws and wooden hearts.
I can't see them not doing something with the character with that ending.
If the series had been recieved poorly that could have cut the end credit scene.
Of course real life issues can get in the way but setting up Jake means they have plans for Moon knight.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow

What I’ve come to expect is that Marvel liesbends the truth.
We have the case of WandaVision having no sequel but her being secondary lead in a movie

For this I wouldnt be suprised if Moonknight shows up as a secondary in another show (Werewolf-by-night and Blade are coming).

Though personally I’d love for Marvel to call dibs on Wonder Woman and give us a Scarlet Scarab show (featuring Marc Spector)

Remove ads