Moonrise Kingdom (2012)

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
Moonrise Kingdom (2012) - IMDb

I love an absurd comedy but add in a helping of pathos and I'm going to enjoy the hell out of such entertainments. I don't usually frequent the big screen for films that don't require it, like those with 3D or special effects in abundance, but I made an exception for this film because of a bit of buzz and the track record of those involved. I was NOT disappointed. Movies like this deserve my theater dollars which, while it might be cheaper to wait for cable or DVD, I feel need to be supported so that more of them are made and with greater frequency.

Nebten

First Post
I feel the same way about seeing it in the theatres. The movie industry needs to know that movies like this are wanted and can sell. If we don't tell them with our dollars, we'll keep getting sequels, re-makes/boots or other subpar films.

This is a movie I actually wanted to see all year just from the trailer. I knew it probably wouldn't make it to my town, but I am happy to see it is gaining steam. I saw in the Los Angeles area finally last week. I believe everybody in the theatre walked away with a smile on their face from the gem they just saw.
<O:p
It is sad but true when Wes Anderson is known as a director who "makes movies everybody loves, but nobody sees." We can only hope the success of this film can further drive the point that American audiences can appreciate artistic, intelligent films.

Remove ads