• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Mordenkainens starting to show up in the wild?

... Some might say there is another thing or two wrong with the image... when/where is this from?

Elmore image. Cover of Dragon 285. Background was removed. The scaling of that does emphasise the character’s size. But the halfling looks super small when that is involved. Almost looks like a human in a storm giant castle.

cmad1977

Hero
Hiya.

Yeah...my Grognadian Curmudgeonitis must be acting up again. I see that cover and think... "I don't see Mordenkainen anywhere...why is it...oh...oohhhh. So, that bald guy with a black goatee is supposed to be him. I'd LOL if I wasn't so completely and utterly not-surprised-or-impressed". :(

Oh well, I supposed I should congratulate WotC on maintaining their 100% rating of me not having any desire what so ever of giving them any more money since the DMG. Good on you WotC! Keep it up! At this rate I can make it all the way through to D&D 6th Edition without handing out any money to you for anything. You can do it! I believe in you! ;)

^_^

Paul L. Ming

What’s funny is I’m pretty sure that’s the point of this edition. You’re going to have endless hours of fun WITHOUT having to purchase every(or any) book. And they don’t require you to buy anything else to be successful.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Dragon people and Devil people are pretty "cartoonish" in my book: maybe you need to watch better cartoons?
did you miss the part where I pointed out that the fact something has appeared in cartoons doesn’t make it cartoonish, or are you just ignoring it?

Looks like Paizo era Dragon magazine. Sexualized toddler sized people are...squiggy.

Um...you know there are adult humans that size IRL, right?

Like, they aren’t toddlers, they’re just very short.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
did you miss the part where I pointed out that the fact something has appeared in cartoons doesn’t make it cartoonish, or are you just ignoring it?

Well, a distinction without a difference: dragonvorn and Tieflings are both much more ludicrous and over the top than Halflings with distinctly different proportions, bit that's cool too.

It is OK that you don't like D&D Halflings, some folks don't like Tieflings or Dragonborn. I'm fine with both. That's life.

DaishoChikara

Explorer
Good news, everyone! D&D came out with a new product this year, which can be purchased multiple times in multiple formats! And as always, it's not really D&D unless it skews common perceptions of classic races, displaces iconic characters into a catch-all setting that has become a distant echo of it's former glory, and has been preceeded by more sneak peeks and tantalizing previews than a traveling showgirl troupe performing an outside show in the park. Let's move on already to the next item hinted at for release and begin the 6+ month journey of hype and speculation for another collection of uninspiring and recycled ideas! 5e 4evar!! ;)

Dude, if you dislike either the company or the game that much, why are you here? Jaded much?

Remove ads