• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mordenkainens Weapon Emporium ??

WotC_Trevor

First Post
I posted this over on the Wizards community, but saw this conversation going strong over here and thought it would be good to share. I've seen a couple people say things like "most of MME is reprinted stuff" or "there's a lot of reprinted stuff" so I just wanted to step in and give some actual numbers. Dan Helmick, one of our awesome editors, grabbed these for me so I didn't have to go through and count on my own.

Looking at straight crunch, MME contains the following data:

• 7 new types of armor
  • 55 pieces of equipment (6 updated)
  • 20 feats (1 updated)
  • 277 magic items (47 updated)
  • 6 monsters
  • 58 weapons (53 updated)
So that would be 423 entries in total, and of those 423, 107 previously existed in one form or another. Many of the magic items that were updated come from Adventurer’s Vault 1. Most of the superior implements come from Dragon 385 and Player’s Handbook 3. The remaining weapons are from all over the map. So if you look at the raw numbers, about 25% of the book consists of updated or reused material.

And why reprint that material? Well it was updated and this book was definitely a good fit for it. Most of the book is definitely still new stuff however, and there's a lot of interesting items in there (IMO). Of course, to each his own - I just wanted to give some actual numbers for the discussion.

the Jester

Legend
Thanks for that, Trevor!

Is there any chance of a general release of MME after a set period of time, or are people without a FLGS out of luck (if they want to look before buying)?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads