• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E More Details About Laeral Silverhand’s Explorer’s Kit

This press release just dropped into my inbox. Laeral Silverhand Explorer’s Kit contains dice, cards, and a map. This comes out on the same day as the as-yet unnamed D&D hardcover on March 17th, whose identity will be revealed on Thursday. Explore the realms! Wizards of the Coast once again is presenting new dice and miscellany for the world’s greatest roleplaying game. Forgotten Realms...

This press release just dropped into my inbox. Laeral Silverhand Explorer’s Kit contains dice, cards, and a map. This comes out on the same day as the as-yet unnamed D&D hardcover on March 17th, whose identity will be revealed on Thursday.

wlclwcjcwke_prodimage.png

Explore the realms! Wizards of the Coast once again is presenting new dice and miscellany for the world’s greatest roleplaying game. Forgotten Realms Laeral Silverhand Explorer’s Kit builds on the success of Waterdeep: Dragon Heist. Forgotten Realms Laeral Silverhand Explorer’s Kit will be available in stores everywhere on March 17, 2020!

Let Laeral Silverhand – Open Lord of Waterdeep, centuries-old archmage, and daughter of the goddess of magic – guide you on your path to adventure. The new kit includes eleven dice placed in a durable, felt-lined box that functions as two dice trays. Fans can also enjoy the twenty illustrated, double-sided cards detailing Laeral’s expert insights on key characters, locations, and lore from across the Forgotten RealmsTM and a foldout double-sided map of the Sword Coast and city of Waterdeep.
  • Eleven dice (two d20s, one d12, two d10s, one d8, four d6s, one d4).
  • Twenty illustrated, double-sided cards detailing Laeral's expert insights on key characters, locations, and lore from across the Forgotten Realms.
  • A durable, felt-lined box that functions as two dice trays.
  • Foldout double-sided map of the Sword Coast and the city of Waterdeep.

Salthorae

Imperial Mountain Dew Taster
Nimbral is probably the only one I can think of that hasn't gotten any more than a paragraph, in 2E.
Hmm. Nimbral. I recall the name but nothing about it. (Ok I googled it). I think we will get a Spelljammer or Dark Sun eventually. Hopefully both.

Ed Greenwood did 8 different write-ups on Nimbral for the WotC website back in 3.x days. First one is HERE

Realmslore Archive is here

They were also featured in the 2e Wizards and Rogues of the Realms

Nimbral is one of my favorite Realms locales.

R_J_K75

Legend
Ed Greenwood did 8 different write-ups on Nimbral for the WotC website back in 3.x days. First one is HERE

Realmslore Archive is here

They were also featured in the 2e Wizards and Rogues of the Realms

Nimbral is one of my favorite Realms locales.

I dont remember reading these, I think I stopped playing for a short period around this time. I'll have to give them a read through. During 3.x they used to put so much extra stuff online. I find their website so hard to navigate and the same for Dragon+ these days. I can never find anything anymore so I don't bother going to their website. I probably miss so much info because Im not on Twitter, FB, or watch any of the podcasts/live streams. A printed monthly Dragon and Dungeon magazine in the mailbox every month or two again would be great.

SkidAce

Legend
Supporter
I doubt it it would run. I never got rid of mine, but I don't know where the CD is, buried in some box. Although now you got me thinking about it so I'm going to dig around online about the atlas.

I wonder what a 2020 FR interactive atlas would look like nowadays?

The maps themselves would still load in Campaign Cartographer Plus, which is what it was based on.

Running from the CD itself I am not so sure about.

Edit: redundant post.

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
Besides those with bad eyesight, people with arthritis could benefit from a big die that they can get their hand (not just fingertips) around.

gyor

Legend
Every release can't be the next big thing. If the new book is indeed sandbox adventures I'd be pretty ok with it. FR is my sort-of every other campaign setting anyway, especially waterdeep, so if it ties in that's cool.

I will not be okay it but thankfully I'm fairly certain at this point that you are wrong.

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Supporter
I would also be happy to be wrong. I'm not 'not excited' about SC material, but that's not the same as actually being excited about it. A wider look into the realms would be great, either as a Gazeteer or a group of adventures, and incorporating some Eberron content would also be cool. I only won't be excited if it's another book length module (campaign? adventure? whatever...).

Remove ads

Remove ads