• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Most cool: The Iconic Bestiary...

ragboy

Explorer
Voadam said:
Cthulhu? Star Wars? uhm, wheel of time? what was that tsr sci fi game with vrusk and dralasite, star jammers?

Star Frontiers...

edit: Ari - I just bought this and wow... The Phrenic Scourge is even creepier than the original. I'm going to try and knock out a review of it this weekend for the Silven site. I'll let you know when it's up.

Last edited:

Samuel Leming

First Post
I downloaded The Iconic Bestiary from RPGNow last night and it is indeed cool.

I'll be using the Phrenic Scourge and Tunnel Brute in a modified Blue Rose game I'm thinking of running.

Mouseferatu, in your game are the Phrennic Scourges related to Psurlons in any way?

Sam

I'm delighted at the reception this thing is getting. :) Ragboy, I'm eagerly awaiting your review.

I hope you'll all forgive me for not going any further into what other sources we're using for future installments of the Bestiary, at least at the moment. We have a pretty sizable release schedule (at least for a company that's mostly just two guys who are also freelancers), so while we've got several ongoing lines, it won't be too long before you see the next one.

Samuel Leming said:
I'll be using the Phrenic Scourge and Tunnel Brute in a modified Blue Rose game I'm thinking of running.

Mouseferatu, in your game are the Phrennic Scourges related to Psurlons in any way?

Sam

Well, I didn't specifically intend them to be, though I can easily how they could be. Then again, I tend to tweak the origins of the stranger/more alien critters campaign by campaign, based on what best fits the feel of the setting, so to be honest, I didn't have any specific origin in mind when I wrote them up.

That said, if/when I do use them in future published works, I may very well include possible origins for them then.

Cergorach said:
*pout*
I'm not located in the continental US and bought it at DTRPG, i feel so left out!

Yeah, I know the continental US requirement leaves some people out. :( Unfortunately, I just can't afford international shipping on a contest like this. Similarly, the various means of record-keeping and recording at the different sites makes it very difficult to include sites other than RPGNow in this contest.

Maybe in future contests, we'll be able to expand the options.

JoeGKushner

First Post
The only real weakness this book has, is simplicy of form, for those who like our PDF's a little more advanced (simple border or sometehing), and lack of art. When it comes to monsters, I fully believe that as many as possible should be illustrated. Pointless for the chaos spawn in some ways as they'll all differe but...

Outside of that, it's a very strong offering. Review up shortly.

JoeGKushner said:
The only real weakness this book has, is simplicy of form, for those who like our PDF's a little more advanced (simple border or sometehing), and lack of art. When it comes to monsters, I fully believe that as many as possible should be illustrated. Pointless for the chaos spawn in some ways as they'll all differe but...

Outside of that, it's a very strong offering. Review up shortly.

Hey, Joe. Very much appreciate the review. :)

Believe you me, I'd have loved to have illustrations for all the monsters. (Except the ei'risai, which, as you pointed out, would be rather impossible to illustrate.) What stopped us is nothing more and nothing less than resources. Lions Den is still a very young company, and we don't yet have the available funds to do everything we'd like to do. We only had limited budget for art on this one, so we tried to illustrate the critters that we felt would most benefit from an artistic portrayal.

Hopefully, we'll do well enough that this will change in the future. :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads