• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Most ridiculously overpowered game

Wik

First Post
The only character whose turn took longer was our Psion. Through a variety of tricks, he would take several full rounds - his own, one for a portion of his mind he split off, one for his psi-crystal, etc. Each one typically involved throwing around some complicated power that typically either killed an enemy, or did nothing at all. And once he had done all of that, he would typically be disatisfied with his turn... and use another cheap psychic power to rewind time to the start of his turn, and try it all over again - typically with equally ineffective results. He would spend a half-hour rolling dice in order to 15 damage to one enemy. Watching his character in action was more like viewing some bizarre piece of expressionist art, rather than actually watching someone playing a game.

I LOL'd (emphasis mine)

On Puget Sound

First Post
It was 1977, I think. Greyhawk, Blackmoor, Eldritch Wizardry (everyone was psionic!) and then....Gods Demigods and Heroes! STATS for deities, and they all had Psionics, which meant they could all be attacked psionically. (Early psionics were kind of a closed subsystem; if you were non-psionic, psionics couldn't really hurt you much). A totally MontyHaul GM, level 25+ characters (of all alignments including chaotic evil) and you know where this is going....

GATE: summon Odin
Psionically dominate Odin
"Hey, old guy, see this tree Yggdrassil that holds the universe up? It's blocking my view, cut it down!" End of universe and campaign.

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Highest level I ever got to in any game is 16th in 4e. I think the highest ever in 3.x was 8th. I only played 3 sessions of 2nd AD&D before the old DM moved away and I took over for the next 6 years or so.

The most powerful character I ever had (and one of my favorites ever) was in our first, 1E Exalted game.

My character, Ryshan Kathak was a Solar Exalted who happened to be a non-Exalt son of the Imperial House Kathak. He started by Exalting in the midst of taking part in a Wyld Hunt for a Solar named the Great Bear, fleeing with 3 loyal soldiers into the Scavenger Lands.

By the time the game ended, he was proclaiming the dawn of the 4th Age, Creating a 7-tiered city of First Age stone called the Citadel of Ten-Thousand Spirits, and had five Legions of troops and dozens of Exalts of various flavors working for him to unify the Scavenger Lands (another player had become the most powerful pirate in the world and was launching raids on the Imperial Isle itself).

It took the Wyld Hunt sending one of their best Immaculate Monk assassins to take him out while he was setting out on a diplomatic mission far from home. The Monk attacked from a mile away and had put a dozen or more arrows into Ryshan by the time Ryshan reached the base of the tree the Monk was in.

Ryshan died, anima flaring, as he leapt 60' up into the air to destroy the Monk (and probably the tree) with a nasty 5-charm combo, but the Monk got his shot of first and literally shot Ryshan's soul out of his body.

That's the sort of stuff it takes to put down a Solar exalt with ~250-300 Experience...

Jack7

First Post
I can only speak for myself of course...

But I once had a level 3000 Black-Heart Fast-Master Telemorgreporting Paragarmagon. The kind with the supernaturally magical automated quicklace silver-bell boots of Time-Space that can shoot invisible hyper-glofire through the "who-said-that" gelatinous baking soda ether so that the Big Bang happens in reverse.

Well, one time he got into this fist fight with the Intergalactigon Sorcerer-Superman (you know, the one who can blow out a star by focusing the infinite parts of his star-web brain on one spot and clapping his hands together to the tune of 2525) of Mega-Optimal Universe 67, and sure enough, the idiot tired to pull a double reverse half-twist Kryptonian glance-trance with a 7.9 level of interstellar defunct through the polynomialed multiverse to come up behind my Paragarmagon's "supposedly plexydovered transparently aluminated decitrine blind-spot." And I just laughed out loud at that because what the fool didn't even know was that my "all-known-universe-sense" had detected it all before it happened.

And then I suddenly realized something. I had probably done all of this before in my last unremembered Supreme Counter-Avatar incarnation. And it had probably been at least slightly more fun the first time when I still didn't know that I could reshape neutronium anytime I wanted with my limitless-abyss star-wand to blast fuel my all seeing third-eyes of Psionic Death Beam.

So I just retired to Cancun with all of my countless Big Kahuna Karma earnings and started a little beach-side bar stop I call, "What Does It All Really Mean?"

I can only speak for myself of course...

But I once had a level 3000 Black-Heart Fast-Master Telemorgreporting Paragarmagon. The kind with the supernaturally magical automated quicklace silver-bell boots of Time-Space that can shoot invisible hyper-glofire through the "who-said-that" gelatinous baking soda ether so that the Big Bang happens in reverse.

Well, one time he got into this fist fight with the Intergalactigon Sorcerer-Superman (you know, the one who can blow out a star by focusing the infinite parts of his star-web brain on one spot and clapping his hands together to the tune of 2525) of Mega-Optimal Universe 67, and sure enough, the idiot tired to pull a double reverse half-twist Kryptonian glance-trance with a 7.9 level of interstellar defunct through the polynomialed multiverse to come up behind my Paragarmagon's "supposedly plexydovered transparently aluminated decitrine blind-spot." And I just laughed out loud at that because what the fool didn't even know was that my "all-known-universe-sense" had detected it all before it happened.

And then I suddenly realized something. I had probably done all of this before in my last unremembered Supreme Counter-Avatar incarnation. And it had probably been at least slightly more fun the first time when I still didn't know that I could reshape neutronium anytime I wanted with my limitless-abyss star-wand to blast fuel my all seeing third-eyes of Psionic Death Beam.

So I just retired to Cancun with all of my countless Big Kahuna Karma earnings and started a little beach-side bar stop I call, "What Does It All Really Mean?"

How coincidental, I'm just starting a campaign where this is about an eighth of the power level of the average kobold baby... :p

Jack7

First Post
How coincidental, I'm just starting a campaign where this is about an eighth of the power level of the average kobold baby...

Careful now VIP. I was being facetious and exaggerating to some degree in my response. My Black-Heart Fast-Master Telemorgreporting Paragarmagon never actually made it past level 2100. I was just trying to spice up the story a little for that "hell yeah" effect.

I hope you won't think less of me because of that...

On the up-side, playing this character really humanized the game for me. Because basically, my Black-Heart Fast-Master Telemorgreporting Paragarmagon was just like me. Only not quite as tall.

Treebore

First Post
Yeah, I was never insane enough to run the games, but I played in a Rokugan game up to 68th level, and then a WoW game to 48th level.

Highest Game I ever ran was between levels 22-36. People for some reason or another didnt end up having the same levels. I want to blame this on them not recording experience, but my sister and brother claim is was because I would give Xp out for things like people getting me a pop or a snack, so I didnt have to pause the game. Which is true I would, but it was never more than 300xp.

I played in a game that got up to 138th level a few years back. After that The highest I got was 33. And I was a seriously overpowered Bard.
But I think games like that are fun. Its basically fantasy Superheroes at that point. And why not end the game making the Gods themselves tremble.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads