MotW: Deepwood Sniper.

dagger

Adventurer
Hmmmmm, sounds a lot like my life too.......

Ysgarran said:

I guess it is kind of like my life...no particular goal in mind. When I posted the thread I was interested if someone know what 'keen edge' was and if people had opinions on whether the deepwood sniper was balanced.

bret

First Post
When looking at improved criticals, you should also consider all the circumstances where it does no good. Look up any Sneak Attack thread and you can get a really good look at all the ways to neutralize criticals as well, since there is a lot of overlap.

Overall, given the numbers quoted, I think the Arcane Archer still has an advantage any time that there isn't someone always casting Greater Magic Weapon for the Deepwoods Archer.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
The Deepwood sniper has the magic weapon ability... wich IMO, is realy useless. If you cast it on your bow, fine, but it is only +1 and what devoted archer won't look for a magical bow of at least +1? If you cast it on the arrow, ... that is only one shot.

I don't see why they bothered realy, it is so minor

Ancalagon

Shard O'Glase

First Post
What else does the deepwood sniper get, does his spells advance if a ranger for example. I mean yeah x5 crit is nice but I'd rather be able to eventually get poly self and turn my self into a stone giant so my bows damage increases, and my two weapon fighting is absurd with my disgusting str, and I have like +12 natural armor.

Crothian

First Post
Shard O'Glase said:
What else does the deepwood sniper get, does his spells advance if a ranger for example. I mean yeah x5 crit is nice but I'd rather be able to eventually get poly self and turn my self into a stone giant so my bows damage increases, and my two weapon fighting is absurd with my disgusting str, and I have like +12 natural armor.

No extra spells. fighter BAB, good reflex, concealment reduction, poison use, a thing called keen edge that isn't defined (how annoying, any guesses?), ability to reroll a ranged attack die, bonus to attack stationary objects as a full round action, true strike 1/day. There are others, but that's most of them.

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Uh, sorry if I get a little "testy", but Hypersmurf is right. He was explaining that the two bonuses stack, since Ysg... thought they didn't.

Please, be careful before you correct someone.

Uh, yeah - thanks.

I'm wondering if JLXC is complaining about my assertion that only the arrow enhancement and not the bow enhancement counts for overcoming DR?

'cos I thought I was fairly clear saying the attack and damage bonuses stacked for every other purpose... :-\

-Hyp.

JLXC

First Post
Hypersmurf said:

Uh, yeah - thanks.

I'm wondering if JLXC is complaining about my assertion that only the arrow enhancement and not the bow enhancement counts for overcoming DR?

'cos I thought I was fairly clear saying the attack and damage bonuses stacked for every other purpose... :-\

-Hyp.

I totally apologize. What an idiot I am. heh. I guess it's the crappy olympics coverage getting to me. Sorry Hypersmurf!

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
JLXC said:
Sorry Hypersmurf!

No harm done :)

The thing I'm finding amusing is the way you've edited the post to remove the offending evidence... but it's quoted in full in the next message ;)

Heh.

-Hyp.

Remove ads