[MotW]New Wildshape Rules

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
After reading through the excert online I noticed something. The new rules make no mention of detached body parts returning to normal. Did I just miss it, or does this mean that Wildshaped Druids can now use venom?

Zhure

First Post
I didn't see it either, although it does make note that a wildshaped druid returns to his normal form after death, just as polymorph.

Hopefully we won't have yet another errata.
Greg

Crothian

First Post
It cleared up most problems that I would run into. I don't expect it to be able to handle everything a PC tries to do, no game has successful been able to do that yet. :D

Allister

First Post
It looks like druids make out like bandits in this classbook. I wonder how barbarians and rangers will fare (Rangers most likely will get some nifty new spells).

BTW: Is anyone else thinking wildshape + Natural spell + Eschew materials equals a very interesting concept?

Rashak Mani

First Post
You need Silent spell and more if your a not a monkey like creature with hands... still... eschew materials... etc... too many feats. Druids should cast first and wildshape later...

I was wondering thou if Elementals qualify as able to cast spells...

Allister

First Post
Um, from the looks of it, the "Natural Spell" feat allows for a druid to cast spells while in animal form. From reading the web enhancement, my guess is that the natural spell feat translates the verbal and somatic components of a spell into the equivalent verbal and somatic equivalents of the druid's wildshaped form (Ergo, a silence spell would still screw the druid over). However, unless you have a wildclasp (new item, apparently it looks like it is an item that you attack other items to and thus you don't absorb said item into your body)), you need to drop your components.

With Eschew materials (from T&B), you no longer need to worry about needing components.

Thus, this is a very useful combination of feats. Imagine your druid turning into a dire wolf that can cast spells.

Hand of Vecna

First Post
IIRC, the Eschew Material feat only allows you to ignore the material component of a spell if said component costs less than 10 gp...

And what's the point in becoming a viper or other venomous critter if you don't have the critter's venom? (aside from the scare/intimidation factor, of course. And the ability to easily slip in & out of places...)

It makes sense to me to allow a Wildshaped Druid access to a Viper's venom, since (at least in most venomous snakes) the venom actually helps digest the serpents' food -- the equivalent of human saliva, bile, and stomach acids.

Remove ads