• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E Mouseferatu weighs in on 4e

Dragonblade

Adventurer
I like Paizo's work as well. I suspect Paizo will support 4e eventually and when that day comes I don't envy the anti-4e rage Paizo will see directed at it. I suspect their mods will have to start banning the worst of the lot.

Keefe the Thief

Adventurer
Azgulor said:
Regardless of which side of the 4e aisle you sit, the "community" of this particular board is sinking further into the crapper each month (specifically in the 4e forum - I'm not really seeing it elsewhere) and the ENWorld 4e forum really can't claim to be any better than the 4e forums at RPG.net, Paizo, or other RPG sites.

Oh really, eh? Well, i take it you didn´t read the "the killed FR!!!1!!111" threads on the WotC boards.

You know, i probably shouldn´t have either. Some things take a long time to forget *shudder*.

Jack99

Adventurer
If someone here believes the poster from the PAIZO boards, then please contact me asap, I have a great deal on a bridge you can get for bargain price...

*sigh*

Rpgraccoon

First Post
Okay, blehhh.... A big thanks to Ari and John for the info. A Sorry for the thread going out of whack.

However, I still wish one of could tell me if you like the improvements to the half-elves. sigh.. but it is all good. Hopefully, I'll get some news about them somewhere soon. If not here :) I just trust Ari's opinion.

Nonetheless a NDA can be strict so even an opinion can be silenced sigh... Good luck to you two thanks again.

Baron Opal

First Post
Rock on, Azgulor.

Fundamental change strongly affects the passionate. I would like to think that we here pick up hammers less often than elsewhere, but I realize that may not be the case.

RigaMortus2

First Post
Hey Mouse, if you are reading...

What can you tell us about Mounted Combat? Is it in? Is there a lot of info on it, or just a little bit? Does that seems like an area WotC needs to expand on, or does it look pretty much complete? How different is it than mounted combat in 3E?

I'm trying not to ask for specifics (like, Is there a skill check for riding or mounted combat?)

Spatula

Explorer
Rechan said:
I sure wish we'd have left this thread to questions for Ari and Jon.
...questions that they are legally prohibited from answering? That's a bit pointless. They've already said they're not going to dance around the NDA to satisfy our curiousity about what's in and what's out.

Lonely Tylenol

First Post
Spatula said:
...questions that they are legally prohibited from answering? That's a bit pointless. They've already said they're not going to dance around the NDA to satisfy our curiousity about what's in and what's out.
I think they've said everything they're going to, and now it's time for the thread to DESCEND INTO CHAOS AND PARANOIA! Let us accuse each other of terrible things! Let us accuse people on other messageboards of terrible things! Let us drive the thread right into the ground while we wait for something interesting to trickle out of the official channels.

:p

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
With some regret I'm closing this thread for now.

Many thanks to Ari and John for giving us their impressions about playtesting (and I'm very glad that WotC gave them permission to speak up about it too). Very encouraging.

However, the last page and a half is verging on cross-board wars, and we don't like that. There is also a dose of discussion of NDA's which isn't really for this thread either.

I'll discuss it with the other moderators and see whether they think it is worth keeping open, and do feel free to report this post if you think there is a particularly good reason for keeping it open (especially Ari or John) but for now - klunk.

Regards,

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
OK, since there has now been a definitive answer on "the email" issue from Andy Collins

http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=217947

I'm re-opening this thread for business.

However, if it veers into nasty comments about the Paizo forums or further off-topic discussion about "the email", it will be closed for good.

So don't ask Ari or John to sidestep their NDA, but feel free to ask them their impressions again about the things they are happy to talk about (you also might want to check out the news version of this thread where Andy Collins made his clarifying remark and there are some other interesting comments by Ari and John)

http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=217654&page=3&pp=30

Thanks for being patient.

Remove ads