• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Movies screaming for sequels.

Klaus

First Post
Oh, The Age of Deception!

Set in Imperial Rome, it's about Falco, a roman "investigator-for-hire" (Bryan Brown). As payment for a service, he gets a gladiator slave (which he can't aford) (Matthias Hues). They get embroiled in the death of a general's brother-in-law, a strange cult and a possible conspiracy.

In the meantime, the gladiator tries to adapt to free life, and Falco tries his best to keep his nephew from joining a love-goddess cult...

It was supposed to be a TV series, and I found it very entertaining (in a D&D session sort of way).

Ranger REG

Explorer
MaxKaladin said:
I also want to see sequels to:
Star Wars
You're kidding, right? The last time people rallied for new Star Wars films and we got the Prequel. Blah.

It's like the D&D movie. Once you've seen it, you really do not want to see more of it. I'm happy and content with the Original Trilogy. Why ruin a good thing here?

Kast

First Post
Kill Bill prequel, there's plenty of story still left to tell I reckon.
Dirty Harry series (Clint's still got one in him).
Contact
Indiana Jones (hurry before it's too late).
Master and Commander

MaxKaladin

First Post
Ranger REG said:
You're kidding, right? The last time people rallied for new Star Wars films and we got the Prequel. Blah.

It's like the D&D movie. Once you've seen it, you really do not want to see more of it. I'm happy and content with the Original Trilogy. Why ruin a good thing here?
Well, ideally I'd want to have someone besides Lucas make them but I do want to see more Star Wars. Besides, its about the only way you get space stuff anymore since Hollywood can't seem to bring itself to take a chance on anything that isn't already an established property.

Master and Commander is also ripe for a sequel.

MaxKaladin

First Post
Klaus said:
The Age of Deception!
Do you perhaps mean "Age of Treason"? That's a Roman movie with an investigator named "Falco" as a main character.

I very seriously doubt you will see a sequel. This movie was a horribly done adaptation of a mystery novel even by Hollywood standards. The author was most distressed and the company no longer has rights to any of her books. See: http://www.lindseydavis.co.uk/filmrights.htm

She IS working with the BBC and A&E to do Falco films but the process isn't looking good right now.

Ranger REG

Explorer
MaxKaladin said:
Well, ideally I'd want to have someone besides Lucas make them but I do want to see more Star Wars.
Hah! If you want that, do what Rick Berman & Brannon Braga did: wait until the creator is dead.

No disrespect to the late Great Bird of the Galaxy.

Remove ads