• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Movies screaming for sequels.

Mallus

Legend
After seeing Wes Anderson's The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou, with its lovely tribute to Buckaroo Bonzai, I'd kill to have him make Buckaroo Banzain vs. The World Crime League.

Of course, it'd be nothing like the original and Bill Murray would play Hanoi Xan. But still, it would be a thing of beauty...

Darth Shoju

First Post
Viking Bastard said:
There were talks for a while a few years ago to do a Barbarella remake starring Drew Barrymore.

Then Tom Green happened.

D'oh! Stupid Tom "I hump dead animals" Green. Wish he'd never left Ottawa.

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
How could nobody mention Flash Gordon!???

After all, it ends with Ming's sardonic laughter and a hand mysteriously picking up the ring which Ming had discorporated into. What could say "sequel" more loudly than that?

:)

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Plane Sailing said:
After all, it ends with Ming's sardonic laughter and a hand mysteriously picking up the ring which Ming had discorporated into. What could say "sequel" more loudly than that?

And the question mark - don't forget the question mark!

Love that movie so much. I don't know that you'd ever get a cast together for the sequel to match Brian Blessed, Timothy Dalton, Richard O'Brien, Max von Sydow, and Topol, though!

-Hyp.

Acid_crash

First Post
The movie sequel I want most:

Spaceballs: The Search for More Money

True Lies 2

King Conan: Crown of Iron (which supposedly is now in pre-production but latest rumor has it that HHH from WWE is gonna play Conan...ugh)

X-Men 3: Phoenix Saga (although that's rumor)

Spiderman 3 (I can sit through this to get to the real sequel I want...

Spiderman vs. Venom (Venom will be such a baddass on the big screen)

Underworld 2

Pirates of the Carribean 2 and 3

Punisher 2

Hulk 2

ID4 II

Blade 1.5 (Blade in Russia set between the first and second movies as Blade 2 was originally going to be until somebody changed it to the crap we got).

Wolverine (I want him to get his own movie so he doesn't hog all the spotlight from the others in the x-men movies anymore)

Big Trouble in Little China 2

Mortal Kombat 3

Last Starfighter 2 (Last Starfighters; this movie would be cool)

Dungeons and Dragons 2: The Elemental Might ;) (had to throw this one in)

Ghostbusters 3 (it'll never happen but I can dream)

Devil's Advocate 2

Contact 2

Ronin 2

The Grudge 2

The Ring 2

.......I can't think of any more right now.

velm

First Post
The problem I had with the Punisher is that neither one was good. The first one was with Dolph Lungren, ewww. How opposite can you get? The plot was horrible, the sets were horrible, looked like it was made on a $50.00 budget. Rancid! The second with Tom Jane had alot of possibilities, but fell to pieces. Was it going for action? Was it going for comedy? Was it going for romance? where was it going? The assassin with the guitar made no sense. I was a more than little let down with it.
If they could make it with an R rating, and get back to the roots, stick with a 'Man on Fire' type feel to it, it could be better.

Buckaroo Banzai would be nice, would be difficult with the aging cast, same with Big Trouble in Little China. In theory, they could combine the two of them, have Jack as a Blue Blazer.

X-men were both well done. The second one, more so than the first one, IMHO. Hopefully another is in the works.

They have already stated Pirates will have a sequel. I was really surprised on how much I liked it. HOPEFULLY they will stick with the same formula for the sequals.

Daredevil, it was ok.

Electra, didnt see it, dont want to.

Underworld was interesting, but it just seemed like the vampires had TOO much of an upper hand and the way that the main villian was killed disappointed me.

And, it would be interesting to see the Vega Brothers movie. I like some of Quintens ideas.

I am also sure that just about everyone has heard that they ARE doing a remake of Evil Dead2.

MaxKaladin

First Post
Shag said:
5)Not really a sequel but sort of...and in a way they are doing it. They are doing a 'sequal' to band of Brothers but in the Pacific theatre (vs japan). I'd personally love to see a Band of Brothers set during the Roman Republic, maybe follow Ceasars campaigns from Gaul to Egypt. Can you imagine being a German calvaryman fighting in Egypt so far from home? They didn't even know what a desert was. It would be like getting picked up from your home and fighting for aliens on Mars.
I _think_ this is partially what HBO's Rome series is going to be like. I think it's going to follow some soldiers in Caesar's army during the Gallic campaigns.

I would love to see a Buckaroo Banzai sequel, but can it really be as good without all those 80s fashions?

I also want to see sequels to:
History of the World Part I.
Conan
Indiana Jones
Star Wars
ID4

Remove ads