Movies you liked, eventually.

My brother and I routinely watched all sorts of horror movies with our dad when we were kids. Invariably punctuated by him saying "I thought I heard something in the hallway, go check it out." Which would then be followed by him making some scary noises to freak us out and send us running.

I'll also point out that there was a time before PG-13. Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom had someone's heart being ripped out, shown on screen, and it was plain old PG.

VHS, age things were more of a recommendation;).

You got some money because here's the CE that has ALL the versions Robot Check

There it is! Still surprisingly hard to find.

I'll also point out that there was a time before PG-13. Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom had someone's heart being ripped out, shown on screen, and it was plain old PG.

Not relevant in this case. PG-13 was released in 1984. Aliens is 1986. It was R for a reason. Well, a lot of reasons. Reasons that kidnap you, cocoon you alive, and burst out of your chest.

GreyLord

Legend
There it is! Still surprisingly hard to find.

Not relevant in this case. PG-13 was released in 1984. Aliens is 1986. It was R for a reason. Well, a lot of reasons. Reasons that kidnap you, cocoon you alive, and burst out of your chest.

An interesting thing with ratings...for example in today's ratings, Blade Runner, I think is considered only 15 in some places or PG15 rather than anything that was close to R.

It's interesting how some movies are rated differently in different nations. One movie may be only PG-12 in one nation while another it is rated R in the US. On the otherhand, in the same nations a movie may be rated PG18 and only be PG13 in the US.

Alien and Aliens Aliens on the other hand...that was PG18 or basically the US's R.

I found JAWS far more harrowing to watch though than Alien or Aliens. Violence elevates the rating, but there are some movies that I think could give kids or adults just as much of a nightmare if they watched them even though if one looks at the rating they may seem approved for kids.

I didn't appreciate the horror movie "A Tale of Two Sisters" at first, but that is because I just didn't get it. When I rewatched it with friends, and paid more attention, I finally got it and I now really appreciate the film for the masterpiece it is. I guess I was expecting the Ring, when I got the Shining. The movie simply was a lot more clever than I was ready for.

Remove ads