• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E MPMB's D&D 5e Character Tools

greasyspoon42

First Post
Thanks I was not regenerating the list. I assumed it did it automatically. This is exactly what I wanted.

The blanks were coming from me deleting spell manually. I would delete the spell name and the rest would go blank. I would then click the grey > icon and select delete row and it would make a double spell entry. The regeneration fixed it for me.

Thanks

Thanks I was not regenerating the list. I assumed it did it automatically. This is exactly what I wanted.

The blanks were coming from me deleting spell manually. I would delete the spell name and the rest would go blank. I would then click the grey > icon and select delete row and it would make a double spell entry. The regeneration fixed it for me.

Thanks
When deleting a row, all spells should move up one row, depending on how the headers and level dividers fit on the page. Also, the sheet ignores rows that are an empty line when deleting.

With a couple of bugfixes and a single new feature, it is time for Sinterklaas to bring a new version of the sheet:

Changelog for MPMB's Character Record Sheet v12.63 (3 December 2016):

• Added that the sheet automatically uses Unarmored Defense, Draconic Resilience, and Mage Armor to calculate the best AC for Wild Shapes (as suggested on DMs Guild);
  • Fixed the carrying capacity when combining two sources that double it (thanks SansMoins for reporting);
  • Fixed the Yuan-ti Pureblood innate spellcasting ability to give suggestion at level 3 instead of 5 (thanks Br Ho for reporting);
  • Fixed an error when importing (with ‘Direct Import’) from sheets before version 12.1;
  • Fixed a bug with the ‘Direct Import’ function in the Colourful sheets when importing a spell sheet where the top class header has the prepared spells section hidden (thanks Eric K. for reporting);
  • Changed all dates in the changelog and “Fan-made Additions” Dropbox folder to the ISO standard;
  • Changed the ‘this’ object to a global variable to avoid possible runtime errors during importing;
  • Changed the functionality of updating the drop-down boxes that they apply their value again after having been updated (and consequently reset).

Looking for the original Printer Friendly version with the artwork of the Wizards of the Coast official character sheet (Click here for the preview)?
Become a patron on Patreon, and you will get the Character Record Sheet, Spell Sheets per Class, and Adventure Logsheet with the WotC design!

Last edited:

mariors428

First Post
Hey there long time lurker but wanted to let you know that your character sheet is amazing and I even got my DM hooked on it and she loves it. I do have a request though. One of our friends is starting a CoS campaign and I wanted to play a Blood Hunter using the Order of the Lycan and noticed it wasn't written into the original Blood Hunter script. Is there anyway this could be done and I 'd be willing to donate for the time put into this favor as well.

Quickleaf

Legend
[MENTION=6788192]morepurplemorebetter[/MENTION] Hey, I loved your sheet before! Lost my old copy, then saw you moved to DMs Guild, so just supported you over there. Great to see your sheet getting the recognition it deserves. :)

However, I just tried to open the PDF download of your sheet from DMs Guild and got this error message: There was an error opening this document. The file is damaged and could not be repaired. I tried using 2015 Adobe Acrobat Pro and Adobe Acrobat Reader DC and they both gave me the same error message.

The file I was trying to open was called "960095-Printer_Friendly-Redesign_v12-63_MPMBs_Character_Record_Sheet". Not sure what's up, any ideas?

Hey there long time lurker but wanted to let you know that your character sheet is amazing and I even got my DM hooked on it and she loves it. I do have a request though. One of our friends is starting a CoS campaign and I wanted to play a Blood Hunter using the Order of the Lycan and noticed it wasn't written into the original Blood Hunter script. Is there anyway this could be done and I 'd be willing to donate for the time put into this favor as well.
The Blood Hunter addition was initiated by a fan. I have asked him if he wanted to add the Order of the Lycan as well, but I haven't gotten a reaction.

You can always write the code yourself using the JavaScript syntax files found here: http://bit.ly/MPMBcoding_Syntax

I am not writing third party additions, as they take a lot of time and fall outside my 'no unofficial material' guidelines. However, I am willing to do it if compensated for my time. But beware, I don't work for cheap ;) Email me if you want to explore this further (see FAQ for contact details or the fine print at the bottom of the sheet).

[MENTION=6788192]morepurplemorebetter[/MENTION] Hey, I loved your sheet before! Lost my old copy, then saw you moved to DMs Guild, so just supported you over there. Great to see your sheet getting the recognition it deserves. :)

However, I just tried to open the PDF download of your sheet from DMs Guild and got this error message: There was an error opening this document. The file is damaged and could not be repaired. I tried using 2015 Adobe Acrobat Pro and Adobe Acrobat Reader DC and they both gave me the same error message.

The file I was trying to open was called "960095-Printer_Friendly-Redesign_v12-63_MPMBs_Character_Record_Sheet". Not sure what's up, any ideas?
Sorry to read that the download is not working for you as it is supposed to. I just tested this, and all works just fine for me when I download from DMs Guild. Other people have experienced similar issues and these were related to the DMs Guild website and not my sheet specifically. I would recommend contacting the people that run DMs Guild and asking them what they can do for you (http://support.dmsguild.com/hc/en-us/requests/new).

All I can do is give you some troubleshooting steps that might help remedy this problem (but might not):
  1. Try downloading using a different browser (Firefox or Chrome).
  2. Make sure to first save the file, and then open the file with Adobe Acrobat Reader/Pro.
  3. Try both download options provided by DMs Guild, both via direct download and Dropbox. Do this by going to Account >> All Products, and find the sheet there (http://www.dmsguild.com/my_library.php).
  4. Make sure you have the latest version of Adobe Acrobat (https://get.adobe.com/reader/) or uninstall your current version and reinstall it.
  5. If you are using a Mac, do NOT open the sheet with Preview, ever. Download it and open it with Acrobat. Preview destroys all the JavaScript functions in this sheet. If you have ever opened a sheet with Preview, it will auto-save the sheet and you will lose all functionality. So opening it with Preview even once will be detrimental to using this sheet.
  6. Update your virus scanner or temporarily disable it to see if that was causing an issue.
  7. Try downloading on a different machine.

Previously, someone reported that he fixed it using step 1 and 2: downloading the file using Firefox and saving it to the hard drive before trying to open it.

Quickleaf

Legend
[MENTION=6788192]morepurplemorebetter[/MENTION] Thanks for the tips! Yes, my issue was being on a Mac and opening the sheet with Preview. I didn't realize that destroys JavaScript functions in a sheet.

So I redownloaded, and it works like a charm. Many thanks :)

Some bug fixes:

Changelog for MPMB's Character Record Sheet v12.64 (8 December 2016):

• Fixed the ‘Direct Import’ dialogue steps for adding a JavaScript file (thanks Eric K. for reporting);
  • Fixed an error when using ‘Direct Import’ from a Printer Friendly to a Colorful sheet (thanks Gus V. for reporting);
  • Fixed the description of the Identify spell (thanks Eric K. for reporting);
  • Fixed a bug with adding resistances (thanks Mike C. for reporting);
  • Fixed a bug with limited features not being removed when removing a (sub)class.

Looking for the original Printer Friendly version with the artwork of the Wizards of the Coast official character sheet (Click here for the preview)?
Become a patron on Patreon, and you will get the Character Record Sheet, Spell Sheets per Class, and Adventure Logsheet with the WotC design!

Last edited:

vlysses

Explorer
hi there,

i just downloaded (and paid! ;-) the most recent pfd fillable character sheet. I have a character sheet in a previous version from about a year ago. How can i import all the data form the old into the new character sheet, without having to retype everything? I don't understand the "add a javasript file to our Acrobat installation" part...

not sure which file this refers to, the existing one or the new one?

any help here would be much appreciated and would save me hours of copy paste...

thx!

hi there,

i just downloaded (and paid! ;-) the most recent pfd fillable character sheet. I have a character sheet in a previous version from about a year ago. How can i import all the data form the old into the new character sheet, without having to retype everything? I don't understand the "add a javasript file to our Acrobat installation" part...

not sure which file this refers to, the existing one or the new one?

any help here would be much appreciated and would save me hours of copy paste...

thx!
Hi vlysses, it seems more people have trouble understanding the "Add a JavaScript File" dialogue you get when using the 'Direct Import' functionality. Unfortunately it is about as comprehensive as I can get it, but I'll try to explain it better here (and in the FAQ in the future).

First things first: the sheet has two ways of importing information:
  1. You export an .xfdf file from the old sheet and import this into the new sheet. All the options for exporting and importing .xfdf files are found in the Import/Export menu.
  2. Or you just open the new sheet you want to import to, and use the 'Direct Import' functionality to extract all the information from the old sheet directly. This is the one you have been using, as that is the one that asks to add a JavaScript file to your installation.

The first time you use the 'Direct Import' function, you will see the following dialogue (or a slight variation on it, based on your OS and Adobe Acrobat version):
Add JavaScript File Dialogue.png

Here you see that you have two options to use the Direct Import function, you only have to do one.
  1. You either add a JavaScript file to your installation (option 1). This refers to your installation of Adobe Acrobat and is independent of your new or old sheet or any other PDF, this has to do with Adobe Acrobat. The file you will be adding is included in the PDF, and you will be asked to save it somewhere as soon as you press the button called "Click here to save the JavaScript file".
  2. Or you run the code from the console (option 2). This is the fastest solution. However, if you select option 1, you will never have to see this dialogue with the two options again. Option 1 is a one-time solution, while option 2 is more of a quick fix.

[h3]Option 1: Add a JavaScript file to the installation[/h3]
  • Click the button that says "Click here to save the JavaScript file" and save the file somewhere in your document where you can find it, on your desktop for example. Don't change the name or extension of the file! (this is allowed in Pro, but not in Reader).
  • Go to where you saved this file, and rename the extension to ".js" instead of ".txt".
  • Move this file to the folder that is shown in the dialogue. (If you are on Windows 10 x64 with Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, this folder is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat Reader DC\Reader\Javascripts\"). If the folder doesn't exist, create it. Know that this folder is determined by your operating system and Adobe Acrobat installation, so I can't actually tell you which one you need to use exactly unless I know more about your system.
  • Close Adobe Acrobat and restart it.
  • Start the 'Direct Import' function again, and you should now no longer get the dialogue asking you to add a JavaScript file.

[h3]Option 2: Run the Code in the Console[/h3]
  • Click the button that says "Click here to Open the Console"
  • The dialogue should close itself and the console should be opened by itself.
  • Click on the line of text that says "StartDirectImport();" and press Ctrl+ENTER (Or Command+Enter on Mac).

I hope this explains it all clearly enough.

Do note that if you import from a very old version of the sheet (as you will be doing with a year-old sheet), that not everything might be imported.
This is due to the simple fact that the sheet has gotten a lot more complex since the early versions and a lot of fields have changed since then.

Last edited:

Remove ads