• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E MPMB's D&D 5e Character Tools

Astromath

First Post
Just imported a pdf from version 10.42 to 12.76 (both letter). The JavaScript Debugger console popped up.
Inspect box is "variable"
The following is in the View box:

An error occured during importing:
TypeError: global.docFrom.CurrentSpells is undefined
fileName: Document-Level:FunctionsImport;
lineNumber: 880;
columnNumber: 7;

Attached is the pdf file.

Attachments

• Wizard lv 7.pdf
    24.8 MB · Views: 219

Astromath

First Post
Another problem cropped up. After saving the 12.76 sheet (under a new name of course), then bringing it back up, half of the front page is simply gone. The colors are gone. Cannot enter anything. Trying to change the color doesn't work. Pages 2 and following are blank with a gray color scheme instead of the color scheme I originally save it. I'm attaching the file.

EDIT: I'm also attaching a screenshot.

Attachments

• Protas.pdf
    26.6 MB · Views: 225
  • Character Sheet Problem.jpg
    Character Sheet Problem.jpg
    266.5 KB · Views: 254
Last edited:

On version 12.76 (letter), when using the IMPORT function the first time, a window pops up to explain how to do it. There's a problem with this. At the very top it gives an explanation of each option. However, Option 2 explanation is cut off. In fact, the first line of the explanation is cut in half with the lower portion missing.
You are absolutely right! I must have changed something and forgot to rescale the dialogue accordingly, it is fixed in v12.77 (see below).

Just imported a pdf from version 10.42 to 12.76 (both letter). The JavaScript Debugger console popped up.
Inspect box is "variable"
The following is in the View box:

An error occured during importing:
TypeError: global.docFrom.CurrentSpells is undefined
fileName: Document-Level:FunctionsImport;
lineNumber: 880;
columnNumber: 7;

Attached is the pdf file.
Thank you for reporting this bug. I simply don't have the time to test the "Direct Import" function with all older versions of the sheet and I was expecting some bugs with the really old (i.e. older than v10.6). I was able to correct this bug in v12.77 (see below). I tested it with the sheet you attached and found another bug when importing from that old version and fixed that as well :)

Another problem cropped up. After saving the 12.76 sheet (under a new name of course), then bringing it back up, half of the front page is simply gone. The colors are gone. Cannot enter anything. Trying to change the color doesn't work. Pages 2 and following are blank with a gray color scheme instead of the color scheme I originally save it. I'm attaching the file.

EDIT: I'm also attaching a screenshot.
This is a weird thing that has been happening to me sometimes as well. Simply zooming in or out a bit, or opening the bookmark panel fixes this for me most of the time. As far as I can tell it is the result of some code being run asynchronously, causing the 'delay' attribute to remain true, while it should be set to false. I have tried to remedy this in v12.77 but it is hard to test for as it doesn't always happen on my PC.

Changelog for MPMB's Character Record Sheet v12.77 (19 December 2016):

• Some fixes for importing from older versions, before v10.6 (thanks Astromath for reporting);
  • Fix for the “Add JS File” dialogue text being cut off (thanks Astromath for reporting);
  • Fixes for fields not being displayed on start (thanks Astromath for reporting).

Looking for the original Printer Friendly version with the artwork of the Wizards of the Coast official character sheet (Click here for the preview)?
Become a patron on Patreon, and you will get the Character Record Sheet, Spell Sheets per Class, and Adventure Logsheet with the WotC design!

Last edited:

Rappaport0

First Post
I just stumbled across this, great tool by the way, and was wondering if there was plans to add the Unearthed Arcana Feats that were put out? I saw many of the other UA pieces that were added as well as the new Volo material. Mainly asking since the cleric I'm running uses the Spear Mastery feat and that effects the damage die rolls and I'm unable to change those once the weapon has been entered.

I just stumbled across this, great tool by the way, and was wondering if there was plans to add the Unearthed Arcana Feats that were put out? I saw many of the other UA pieces that were added as well as the new Volo material. Mainly asking since the cleric I'm running uses the Spear Mastery feat and that effects the damage die rolls and I'm unable to change those once the weapon has been entered.
I never bothered making the UA feats because I don't like them. You are, however, welcome to write the code for them yourself and would be helping the people who want to use the UA feats in doing so. It should be pretty straight forward using the JavaScript Syntax files found here.

You can add modifiers to the calculated values using the "Modifier" fields. By default these fields are hidden, but you can toggle their visibility with the "Mods" button in the 'JavaScript Window' and the "Modifiers" bookmark. These modifier fields never print.

Astromath

First Post
Using 12.77 (letter). Just imported from a version 10.1 sheet. The drop down boxes in the weapons section are now missing. It looks like 12.77 just simply duplicated the weapons section of 10.1 as is. Another problem is on the 10.1 sheet under class features are some user entered descriptions (specifically the Mystic table). That user entered description did not cross over to the new version.

I'll include the 10.1 sheet for you to examine.

The words "Dungeon & Dragons" are now missing from the first page (upper right-hand corner).

Unrelated to above bugs:
In creating the Mystic (from scratch) from UA (using League toggled), the hit points field is left blank and the class features for this class are missing in the class feature field. Also, cannot choose the archtype. (Haven't tried the other UA classes yet.)

I don't know if it is missing from the code or if it is in the code, it is not being implemented.

Attachments

• Mystic Lv 7.pdf
    22.1 MB · Views: 176

Using 12.77 (letter). Just imported from a version 10.1 sheet. The drop down boxes in the weapons section are now missing. It looks like 12.77 just simply duplicated the weapons section of 10.1 as is. Another problem is on the 10.1 sheet under class features are some user entered descriptions (specifically the Mystic table). That user entered description did not cross over to the new version.

I'll include the 10.1 sheet for you to examine.

The words "Dungeon & Dragons" are now missing from the first page (upper right-hand corner).

Unrelated to above bugs:
In creating the Mystic (from scratch) from UA (using League toggled), the hit points field is left blank and the class features for this class are missing in the class feature field. Also, cannot choose the archtype. (Haven't tried the other UA classes yet.)

I don't know if it is missing from the code or if it is in the code, it is not being implemented.
The attack drop-downs are missing because you have set the attacks to manual in the sheet you are importing from, thus the sheet you are importing to also gets its attacks set to manual, hiding the drop-down boxes. You can get the drop-down boxes for attacks back in both v10.1 and v12.77 by disabling the manual attack setting, using the "Manual" button in the 'JavaScript Window' or with the "Auto/Manual" bookmark.

The "Dungeon & Dragons" logos are missing because I'm not allowed to use the official logo in a DMs Guild product (but I sneakily still included it in a hidden way, just check out the "Layout" button or "Set Pages Layout" bookmark).

After you imported, did you get an alert saying "Some manual additions might not have transferred over"? Because that alert is supposed to inform you of things that have not been imported, which always includes the "Class Features" field. The class features are re-done using the automation in the sheet you are importing to so that it can take full advantage of the new features of the sheet. If this alert did not display we may have a bug on our hands.

The Mystic class is not part of the sheet's automation (and never has been), so it will not be recognized by the sheet. You can see which things are part of the sheet's automation in the Source Selection Dialogue you get when first opening the sheet or when you press the "Sources" button in the 'JavaScript Window' or the "Source Material" bookmark. There you will see that the Mystic Unearthed Arcana is not listed and if you click on "Classes & Archetypes" that the Mystic is not there.

Rappaport0

First Post
I never bothered making the UA feats because I don't like them. You are, however, welcome to write the code for them yourself and would be helping the people who want to use the UA feats in doing so. It should be pretty straight forward using the JavaScript Syntax files found here.

You can add modifiers to the calculated values using the "Modifier" fields. By default these fields are hidden, but you can toggle their visibility with the "Mods" button in the 'JavaScript Window' and the "Modifiers" bookmark. These modifier fields never print.

I'll have to try it out. Havent coded in several years and it wasnt in Javascript. If I manage to make it work I'll make sure to share the script.

andargor

Rule Lawyer Groupie
Supporter
That is unfortunate to hear. Did you get any error messages while importing? Probably you don't have enable the console to show on any messages, so you didn't see any. Without more information it will be very hard for me to determine what is causing this error. Did you have any custom scripts in your sheet?

Could you send me the sheet or the .xfdf file you wanted to import?

EDIT: I just tested importing from a 'v12.26 Printer Friendly-Redesign' to a 'v12.75 Printer Friendly-Redesign' and all pages showed up, not just the first. Considering the fact that you are using v12.26, when the Revised Ranger was introduced, this could be very much related to that. If you do indeed have a revised ranger in v12.26, please try importing your character from a sheet where you deleted the Revised Ranger code from the "Add Custom Script" dialogue.

Anyway, the latest version has an essential fix for Wizards:
[H=6]Changelog for MPMB's Character Record Sheet v12.76 (18 December 2016):[/H]
  • Fix for wizard spells going missing from their spellbook upon re-generation of their spell sheets, if the spellbook contained more than 18 spells (thanks Vladimir S. for reporting).
Links: MPMB's Character Record Sheet - Colorful A4/Letter        MPMB's Character Record Sheet - Printer Friendly Redesign

Nope, it's a Totem Warrior 3 Battle Master 7. I tried again, same result, and I do have a custom script which I removed, same result.

I'll send you a link to the character PDF via email.

A.

Last edited:

Remove ads