• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E MPMB's D&D 5e Character Tools

Astromath

First Post
Just found a typo on the Reference sheet:

Under "JUMP" it says, "you can jump you Str score" instead of "you can jump your Str score"

Also under Combat Actions, specifically, Ready an Action: Could you add (somehow) that readying a spell also uses up a spell slot even if the readied action is not triggered? I know that space is a little cramped for room, but it is important info.

Last edited:

pdegan2814

First Post
I love how hard you work at keeping this sheet current with all the new UA material that's been coming out! One quick note on the Raven Queen Warlock Patron. The "Sentinel Raven" feature is spelled incorrectly, in the sheet it's "Sentinal". A little thing, but figured it's worth mentioning :)

Just found a typo on the Reference sheet:

Under "JUMP" it says, "you can jump you Str score" instead of "you can jump your Str score"

Also under Combat Actions, specifically, Ready an Action: Could you add (somehow) that readying a spell also uses up a spell slot even if the readied action is not triggered? I know that space is a little cramped for room, but it is important info.
Thanks! I will change both of those things on the reference sheet.

I love how hard you work at keeping this sheet current with all the new UA material that's been coming out! One quick note on the Raven Queen Warlock Patron. The "Sentinel Raven" feature is spelled incorrectly, in the sheet it's "Sentinal". A little thing, but figured it's worth mentioning :)
Even the smallest typo is worth reporting, thank you!

uly

First Post
Regarding my earlier suggestions:

1) The spell points variant is part of the sheet and you can have it appear in place of the spell slots on the spell sheet by selecting the option from the spell menu. But maybe you mean that you want a place on the spell sheet to keep track of the spell points, as that is now only in the limited features section. The problem with this is that there isn't currently any space in the design of the spell sheet that could be used like this unless I change some of the lay-out, requiring me to make some custom elements, some custom coding, and edit the very fragile spell sheet form pages (editing is a big problem because of the sheer amount of fields on those pages and the tendency to make Acrobat crash).
Understood. I do hope you find a solution to this. I think any indication would be better than nothing -- eg. next to the "Spell Point Cost" text on top; between "Spellcasting Ability" and "Attack Modifier" boxes...

2) The problem with this is very much the same as point 1. There is simply no space to add another column. I would have to remove another column (not feasible) or reduce another columns width, which can only really work for the name or description columns. However, all names and descriptions have been carefully made to fit in the columns width, so changing either would require me to go over every spell and find a way to shorten their name or description, not something I think is feasible either. This is why I went to the "(R)" tag in the name for the ritual spells.
I wasn't suggesting a new column, but simply a new kind of check mark in the first column. Currently you have the checkable circle, and the "Always prepared" circle with star. I simply hoped for yet another 1 or 2 graphic variants. It wouldn't accomplish anything the "Ask me" option wouldn't do, but just nicer looking :)

Lastly, a few more suggestions:

1. The abbreviated wording for Booming Blade and Green-Flame Blade strike me as somewhat bizarre. Why mention 0d8 at all? I'd suggest changing to:
"Melee wea atk with cast; on hit, if it moves next rnd it 1d8 Thunder dmg; +1d8 at CL5, 11, & 17"
"Melee wea atk with cast; on hit, another crea in 5 ft spell mod Fire dmg; +1d8 at CL 5, 11, and 17"

2. Create Bonfire sounds a bit different from the other direct damage cantrips, but it can be used like one, too. Maybe add this to the options to the Attacks section on the first page?

3. It's great that the companion sheets can have equipment boxes too. But it's missing an indicator of the companion's carrying capacity.

Undrhil

Explorer
1. The abbreviated wording for Booming Blade and Green-Flame Blade strike me as somewhat bizarre. Why mention 0d8 at all? I'd suggest changing to:
"Melee wea atk with cast; on hit, if it moves next rnd it 1d8 Thunder dmg; +1d8 at CL5, 11, & 17"
"Melee wea atk with cast; on hit, another crea in 5 ft spell mod Fire dmg; +1d8 at CL 5, 11, and 17"

The 0d8 is there to make it easier to show the additional damage when the cantrip is scaled up. Someone just glancing at the wording you used, without knowing how the spell actually works, would not realize that they add damage with the weapon attack and that damage scales up with the cantrip, just like the extra damage does.

Understood. I do hope you find a solution to this. I think any indication would be better than nothing -- eg. next to the "Spell Point Cost" text on top; between "Spellcasting Ability" and "Attack Modifier" boxes...
I'm guessing that you made a spell sheet for a class that doesn't prepare spells, and only contains spells for a single class, using the Printer Friendly version. Using this space for tracking spell points has some problems:
1. It is on the 'class header' that is used to start a list of spells. You can add this header at any row on a spell sheet page, and it is automatically used to indicate the start of another class/race/feat spell list. What you are suggesting is to have a total spell points in every one of those headers, not very practical.
2. The space has the box "to prepare" in it when it concerns a spellcasting class that prepares spells.
3. This space is only available on the Printer Friendly version of the sheet, not on the Colourful one.

The only place that is could be used to track spell points is the header at the very top, as that isn't reused multiple times on the spell sheet pages. And with the current design there is no room left unused anywhere on the spell sheet pages.

I wasn't suggesting a new column, but simply a new kind of check mark in the first column. Currently you have the checkable circle, and the "Always prepared" circle with star. I simply hoped for yet another 1 or 2 graphic variants. It wouldn't accomplish anything the "Ask me" option wouldn't do, but just nicer looking :)
Ah, I must have missed that. To be honest, I wrote my reply in a hurry.

I don't think that such an extra icon would get much use. It is only useful for those classes that don't already use that checkbox space to mark off their prepared spells while having the ability to cast ritual spells as ritual. This is only true for the Bard.

Lastly, a few more suggestions:

2. Create Bonfire sounds a bit different from the other direct damage cantrips, but it can be used like one, too. Maybe add this to the options to the Attacks section on the first page?

3. It's great that the companion sheets can have equipment boxes too. But it's missing an indicator of the companion's carrying capacity.
1. This has been rightly answered by @Undrhil.

2. Great idea, I'll add it in the next version!

3. This is also a good idea, but a lot more work. I'll add it to the features that patrons can vote on. If more people like this idea, it will surely be added to the sheet in a future version :) Of course, you can also join the Patreon and vote on which feature will be added next!

Astromath

First Post
Found something that needs to be clarified: Uncanny Dodge. This is the text: As a reaction, I halve the damage of an attack from an attacker that I can see

Problem: This can be read as affecting attacks using saving throws instead of making an attack roll.

See PH page 194 to clarify what constitutes an attack.

Found something that needs to be clarified: Uncanny Dodge. This is the text: As a reaction, I halve the damage of an attack from an attacker that I can see

Problem: This can be read as affecting attacks using saving throws instead of making an attack roll.

See PH page 194 to clarify what constitutes an attack.
I use the word "attack" on the sheet consistently to refer to attack rolls, and never to effects that require a saving throw. Looking at page 194 of the PHB, I only see the rules for "making an attack" which, according to the text on PHB page 194, clearly, always include an attack roll. I see absolutely no reference to saving throws on page 194 of the PHB, or anywhere else when the PHB talks about "making an attack", but I didn't re-read the whole things just to check ;)

However, the description of Uncanny Dodge in the Rogue and Ranger entries in the PHB also don't mention attack rolls. They say:
Rogue's Uncanny Dodge (Player's Handbook said:
Starting at 5th level, when an attacker that you can see hits you with an attack, you can use your reaction to halve the attack's damage against you.

I feel that my shortened version does a good job of conveying the same. What would you suggest I change about it, specifically?

Last edited:

Astromath

First Post
The reason for my suggestion is that one of my players insists that an attack includes "attacks" that resolve by making a saving throw instead of an attack roll. For example, he insists that Sacred Flame is an attack and therefore be subject to Uncanny Dodge. The PH is not clear on Uncanny Dodge of what consists an attack. One of my rants is WotC should have made it clearer without having to go to an out of the way one paragraph text in some other part of the book.

This is my version (although it is a little clumsy): As a reaction, I halve the damage as a result of an attack roll from an attacker that I can see

Remove ads