• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E MPMB's D&D 5e Character Tools

I'm thinking about just adding a tiny bit of code that will allow you to set the sheet to ignore the prereqs. This code snipet will then have to be added in the "Add Custom Script" dialogue. This will be explained in the FAQ.

A button on the sheet would of course be more user-friendly, but I'm guessing (hoping) that this isn't something that many people will want to use, as people who change their game rules so much from the PHB version probably don't use a Character Generator anyway.

wilcoxon

Explorer
I like that solution as I would really like to have the illegal options greyed out (or removed) from the list. Every game I'm playing in uses the official rules but allow UA (which is how I found your sheet since ForgedAnvil doesn't support UA) except AL of course (no UA which I've never understood).

Undrhil

Explorer
If the first two can be done with scripts, why not leave the page as-is (just showing the prereq. but not enforcing it) and include a script that we can "install" to allow for one of the other options is so desired? Or are you trying to not have to code both abilities but choose one or the other? If that is the case, I'd say just leave it showing the prereq. since that's how it works now.

The new version of the sheet is up! I'm also working on generating all the spell sheets using this new version, but this will take some time before it is done and uploaded. Below its changelog as well.

I ended up going with the greyed-out option, as that got the majority of the vote. It is possible to disable this by adding a snippet of code in the "Add Custom Scripts" dialogue, as explained in the FAQ.

[H=6]Changelog for MPMB's Character Record Sheet v12.85 (1 March 2017):[/H]
  • NEW CONTENT: Addition of the 2 Warlock and 1 Wizard archetypes from the Unearthed Arcana: Wizard & Warlock (with help from Greg N., Ben Y., Wizzard, and /u/magicmanfk);
  • NEW CONTENT: Addition of the 25 Warlock Eldritch Invocations from the Unearthed Arcana: Wizard & Warlock;
  • Added a way for class features to be greyed-out based on their prerequisite not being met;
  • Added a way to change the first column in the spell sheet to any two-character string you want when using the “Change first column” or “Spell” options in the spell line menu (as suggested by chaosronin);
  • Fixed a critical bug that could potentially remove class features when selecting a subclass using the dialogue;
  • Fixed a bug that would crash the sheet’s automation when adding a subclass for the first time to a class that was already at the level required to select a subclass (e.g. leveling up a level 1 sorcerer to level 2 and only then selecting which origins it has);
  • Fixed a bug with removed races still affecting the new context-aware calculations (thanks for Jacob V. for reporting);
  • Small fixes with importing (thanks rossow_timothy and /u/FairlyEpic for reporting);
  • Fix for the Favoured Soul (UA:SO) not getting access to the cleric cantrips (thanks /u/LamentingDemon for reporting);
  • Fixed the ‘Extra Spells’ area of the Spell Selection Dialogue giving no options for the drop-down boxes for places 11-15 (thanks /u/FairlyEpic for reporting);
  • Fixed the ‘Water Whip’ Elemental Discipline to be a bonus action instead of a normal action (thanks Mark A. for reporting);
  • Fixed a bug with the “Add more spells to the spellbook” dialogue showing the wrong spells;
  • Fixed a bug with the Wolf adding Str to its Bite attack instead of Dex (thanks Ry7n for reporting);
  • Updated the FAQ.

Links: MPMB's Character Record Sheet - Colorful A4/Letter        MPMB's Character Record Sheet - Printer Friendly Redesign

[H=6]Changelog for MPMB's Spell Sheets per Class v12.85 (1 March 2017):[/H]
  • Recreated all the Spell Sheets from version 12.85 of the Character Record Sheet;
  • NEW CONTENT: the Artificer spell sheet;
  • NEW FEATURE: the option to select Arcane Trickster and Eldritch Knight spells;
  • NEW FEATURE: include/exclude sources that add spellcasting classes;
  • Updated the FAQ;
  • Altered the description of the Expeditious Retreat spell to be more concise (as suggested by Taed);
  • Fixed the saving throw of “Erupting Earth” (thanks Vladimir S. for reporting).
Links: MPMB's Spell Sheets per Class - Colorful A4/Letter        MPMB's Spell Sheets per Class - Printer Friendly Redesign

Looking for the original Printer Friendly version with the artwork of the Wizards of the Coast official character sheet (Click here for the preview)?.

Become a patron on Patreon, and you will get the Character Record Sheet, Spell Sheets per Class, and Adventure Logsheet with the WotC design!

Koren n'Rhys

Explorer
First - thank you for this amazing resource. It's one of the very few PWYW items I've actually paid for, if that says anything other than that I'm cheap...

I downloaded v12.85 yesterday and updated a few character sheets, various classes, races - no problems at all. However today I opened one to make a small change, and somehow the AC calculation got messed up. Both the Dex number in the Armor box, and the calculated AC shown in the shield now say "NaN". I can't see what I could have done. I didn't make any changes to Dex, armor or shield areas, and it won't let me change the text for either spot that says NAN now.

Any ideas what might have happened? I'd hate to have to re-enter everything only to have it happen again.

Dannyboy7702

First Post
Feral Tiefling

The Feral Tiefling is an actual race as it, swaps the +2 Charisma score for a +2 Dexterity score. With that being said the Standard, Devil's Tongue, Hellfire and Winged are all variants for the Feral Tiefling. If you read the "greenish" box on page 118 of the SCAG, the 1st paragraph states that "The Dungeon Master may permit the following variants for your tiefling character, although Devil's Tongue, Hellfire, and Winged are mutually exclusive". Meaning that the "Standard, Devil's Tongue, Hellfire, and Winged" variants are available for both the normal Tiefling and Feral Tiefling.

Yunru

Banned
Banned
The Feral Tiefling is an actual race as it, swaps the +2 Charisma score for a +2 Dexterity score. With that being said the Standard, Devil's Tongue, Hellfire and Winged are all variants for the Feral Tiefling. If you read the "greenish" box on page 118 of the SCAG, the 1st paragraph states that "The Dungeon Master may permit the following variants for your tiefling character, although Devil's Tongue, Hellfire, and Winged are mutually exclusive". Meaning that the "Standard, Devil's Tongue, Hellfire, and Winged" variants are available for both the normal Tiefling and Feral Tiefling.
I'm not sure who or what you're addressing?

I'm just going to quote the FAQ on this one (as this gets asked A LOT):

FAQ 2.13 Why is the Feral Tiefling mutually exclusive with the other Tiefling variants? said:
You are absolutely right to question this. According to the rules, unlike all other racial variants, the Feral Tiefling can be combined with other Tiefling variants.

The reason that this doesn’t work in the sheet is because when the code to add racial variants was written such an option was not considered. Changing this is a lot of work and because the Feral Tiefling is the only exception, it was not deemed worth the time investment. So please if you want to combine the Feral Tiefling with any of the other Tiefling variants, make the appropriate changes manually.

Undrhil

Explorer
The character sheet doesn't have Feral Tiefling as a race but a variant of the Tiefling Race. The Feral Tiefling has access to the Standard, Devil's Tongue, Hellfire & Winged variants of the Tiefling.

So, if someone wanted to set that up, they would just need to script in the "new" Feral Tiefling race and give them the same options that the Tiefling gets but with the +2 DEX instead of +2 CHA.

And, MPMB, what do you mean it wasn't considered? The Human Variant goes from +1 to all stats to +1 to two stats. Just code the Feral Tiefling so it doesn't get the +2 to CHA and the player has to set the +2 DEX, same as going from Human to Variant Human. Does that not work in code?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads