• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E MPMB's D&D 5e Character Tools

Ok, I have a bit of a question here.

I am probably not seeing how to to do this naturally, but how do I make this work?

View attachment 81511

Specifically, I want just the damage box filled out, to help my players learn how their class works. But every time I select a nul value for the ability score (because these aren't ability score dependent), the damage box goes blank. I've tried using the Manual Damage Die Mod, but it still shows up blank without an ability score selected.
There is no straightforward way of doing what you want to do. The attacks intentionally don't show any to hit or damage when no ability is filled out. The only way to change this, is by changing the function itself. You can do this by putting the following code in the "Add Custom Script" dialogue, which will show the damage die field in the damage field even if the ability is not filled out:
Code:
eval(CalcAttackDmgHit.toString().replace("Value(fldBase + \"Damage\", \"\");", "Value(fldBase + \"Damage\", What(fldBaseBT + \"Damage Die\"));"));
Do note that this code works in v12.84 of the sheet, and will probably work in most of the future versions, but there is no guarantee for that (as this relies on the code of the CalcAttackDmgHit function not changing).

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
There is no straightforward way of doing what you want to do. The attacks intentionally don't show any to hit or damage when no ability is filled out. The only way to change this, is by changing the function itself.
Dang.

I think I know what I want to do now: add a 7th dummy stat, with a value of 0.

Which is something I would have to do in order to use my homebrew gun rules (they have an equipment modifier that replaces the traditional stat modifier)

Now all I have to do is learn how to add custom scripts to the PDF and figure out what the script would be for adding the modifiers.

Dang.

I think I know what I want to do now: add a 7th dummy stat, with a value of 0.

Which is something I would have to do in order to use my homebrew gun rules (they have an equipment modifier that replaces the traditional stat modifier)

Now all I have to do is learn how to add custom scripts to the PDF and figure out what the script would be for adding the modifiers.
Please understand that the code I posted is the way you can change the function. So if you add that code in the "Add Custom Script" dialogue, you get exactly what you want.

Adding a new ability score would require adding a field with that ability score in it. Adding a new field can be done through code, but will require either Adobe Acrobat Pro or Acrobat Standard. Adobe disabled the functionality for adding form fields in Adobe Acrobat Reader.

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
Please understand that the code I posted is the way you can change the function. So if you add that code in the "Add Custom Script" dialogue, you get exactly what you want.

Adding a new ability score would require adding a field with that ability score in it. Adding a new field can be done through code, but will require either Adobe Acrobat Pro or Acrobat Standard. Adobe disabled the functionality for adding form fields in Adobe Acrobat Reader.

Ah. Ok.

A question for you guys.

I am working on adding the Eldritch Invocations from the UA: Warlock & Wizard. A lot of these invocations have a prerequisite to be of a certain Warlock Patron. Obviously, you don't want the option to select these invocations if you don't have the prerequisite Patron. Thus, I am making a new feature of the sheet to exclude these kind of choices based on there prerequisites.

However, there are several ways of doing this.

With this new feature it will also be possible to apply them to other prerequisites for Invocations (such as the level or pact boon) as well as prerequisites for other class features (such as the Way of the Four Elements' choices of Elemental Disciplines and the Artificer's choices of Magic Items).

To give you an idea of what I'm talking about, it is this list that you get when you click the "Choose Feature" button in the 'Class Features' section on the second page:

m0OoWcdl.png

Which of the following do you think to be the best solution:
  1. [ ] Remove the items whose prereqs aren't met from the list so they aren't visible
  2. [ ] Grey-out the items whose prereqs aren't met, so that they are visible, but not selectable
  3. [ ] Display all items regardless of prereqs, because that imposes problems with using homebrew

wilcoxon

Explorer
I like either 1 (remove) or 2 (grey-out).

If you are worried about homebrew allowing things that aren't normally allowed, I would suggest going with 2 (grey-out) but still allow selecting them. That way there is an indication of them being illegal but still allowing selection of the illegal option.

I like either 1 (remove) or 2 (grey-out).

If you are worried about homebrew allowing things that aren't normally allowed, I would suggest going with 2 (grey-out) but still allow selecting them. That way there is an indication of them being illegal but still allowing selection of the illegal option.
Unfortunately, it is not possible to have the item be both greyed-out and still be selectable.

Yunru

Banned
Banned
I like a variant of 2: Grey them out, but leave them still selectable for homebrew.

Edit: Ninja'd. That's what I get for being in an area of low signal.

Perhaps a caution window that it's ineligible except as homebrew?

Perhaps a caution window that it's ineligible except as homebrew?
I'm not sure what you meant with this. Do you mean that there should be a pop-up dialogue warning you that you selected something for which the prereqs aren't met, giving you the option to cancel or continue?

I feel that's a lot of extra steps to do what the sheet currently already does, telling you what the prereq is for each thing, as its prereq is listed in the menu (see image).

Yunru

Banned
Banned
I'm not sure what you meant with this. Do you mean that there should be a pop-up dialogue warning you that you selected something for which the prereqs aren't met, giving you the option to cancel or continue?

I feel that's a lot of extra steps to do what the sheet currently already does, telling you what the prereq is for each thing, as its prereq is listed in the menu (see image).
Yeah now that I think further on it, just listing the requirements should be enough anyway.

Remove ads