D&D 5E MPMB's D&D 5e Character Tools

chaosronin

Explorer
Awesome thank you very much for your work MPMB!

What UA stuff isn't currently in the sheet?

Also I'm planning on moving to a Linux based OS full time and I was just wondering if anyone had any luck with alternative programs to get this running? or will I have to load it up on my laptop?

I tried to upgrade my Artificer to the new sheet using the Import PDF. From the popups it seemed to be done, but there is still a status box saying, "Applying the weapon's features." The Ability scores have not filled in and the attacks are all +0, so it's clearly not finished, even though it's been about 30 minutes. My original sheet (before attempting to upgrade) is here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vsn5030uhfayk1r/The%20Dread%20Pirate%20Bobbi.pdf?dl=0.
Wow, I screwed something up in the code bigtime with the revision of the weapons scripts. I thought I had successfully converged both the script for adding and calculating the attacks on the first page and on all the companion pages (they used to be 6 functions, but are now only 2), but this isn't true at all.

I have been going over all the changes for the last 2 hours and finally found all the things (I hope) that were causing issues.

It was really helpful that you posted a link to your sheet that you were having trouble importing, that made the whole process a lot easier for me, thank you!

I'll try to get a rectified version out as soon as possible, but it will probably be tomorrow before I'm able to do so.

Awesome thank you very much for your work MPMB!

What UA stuff isn't currently in the sheet?

Also I'm planning on moving to a Linux based OS full time and I was just wondering if anyone had any luck with alternative programs to get this running? or will I have to load it up on my laptop?
What UA stuff currently isn't in the sheet has a long answer. You can find all the included UA articles in the Source Selection Dialogue. Anything that isn't listed there isn't included.

From the sources that are included, only the Spell-less Ranger is not included.

There is, unfortunately, no official support for Adobe Acrobat for Linux anymore. You can get an older version of Adobe Acrobat, but that doesn't support the full API that my sheet requires. Some Googling revealed that you can run Adobe Acrobat DC on Linux, but it requires PlayOnLinux to function. I have very little experience with Linux myself, so I'm not really the right person to ask how to get something like that set up.

chaosronin

Explorer
Wow, I screwed something up in the code bigtime with the revision of the weapons scripts. I thought I had successfully converged both the script for adding and calculating the attacks on the first page and on all the companion pages (they used to be 6 functions, but are now only 2), but this isn't true at all.

I have been going over all the changes for the last 2 hours and finally found all the things (I hope) that were causing issues.

It was really helpful that you posted a link to your sheet that you were having trouble importing, that made the whole process a lot easier for me, thank you!

I'll try to get a rectified version out as soon as possible, but it will probably be tomorrow before I'm able to do so.

What UA stuff currently isn't in the sheet has a long answer. You can find all the included UA articles in the Source Selection Dialogue. Anything that isn't listed there isn't included.

From the sources that are included, only the Spell-less Ranger is not included.

There is, unfortunately, no official support for Adobe Acrobat for Linux anymore. You can get an older version of Adobe Acrobat, but that doesn't support the full API that my sheet requires. Some Googling revealed that you can run Adobe Acrobat DC on Linux, but it requires PlayOnLinux to function. I have very little experience with Linux myself, so I'm not really the right person to ask how to get something like that set up.

Cheers for that, good Job! Man you work hard, thanks for your effort.

capn_pineapple

First Post
Yup, I've subbed your patreon. I bought the sheet last year. Still using it to this day. You have my trust, respect, and coinage for your efforts!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

phillycheese254

First Post
Hello all,
Firstly, may I say excellent job on creating this character sheet so that lazy people like me don't have to do all of the math and write down all of the class features every time I make a character.

I have a question on how one would go about adding the new warlock invocations from the recent UA to the generator. Is there any special formatting for invocations as scripts or do I have to simply manually enter them.

roribeedm

First Post
I was creating a level 4 Dwarven Champion two weapon fighting style with the dual wielder feat and I noticed that when I added a Battleaxe (offhand) to the attacks list it used the Handaxe (offhand) information. Also when I added items to the equipment section it gave 3 handaxes and 1 battleaxe instead of 2 and 2. This was in version 12.82.

Sorry, thought my tone was more whimsical... As to doing that other request from your Patreon, yeah.. go for it.

I actually was thinking of doing the code myself, using your previous work as templates. I am sure there is a learning curve, but I am optimistic. Is there a place to send the code for verification and help with fixes?
I totally forgot to reply to you about the code. You can always send it to me, I'm happy to check it and help with learning how to make it work with the sheet. However, I'm sometimes a bit busy so it can take a little while for me to get back to you (just like this post) :p

As there are several people helping me get the UA content ready for the sheet, and often enough people end up working on the same thing at the same time.

So, I just made a shared Dropbox/Google Drive folder where people can add their stuff and see what other people are working on. Would you be interested to join?

Hello all,
Firstly, may I say excellent job on creating this character sheet so that lazy people like me don't have to do all of the math and write down all of the class features every time I make a character.

I have a question on how one would go about adding the new warlock invocations from the recent UA to the generator. Is there any special formatting for invocations as scripts or do I have to simply manually enter them.
Great to hear you like the sheet! I'm currently working on adding the Sorcerous Origins UA and after that will look into the Warlock & Wizard article. So it will be a little while before I get to adding the new Warlock invocations.

You can help me make the code for these invocations. The syntax for making this code is found here on Dropbox and here on Github. You can use the code for the Invocations as I use them in the sheet as an example. This code is found in the same place on Dropbox, and here on Github.

Adding invocations to the current list would be done by adding the invocation to both the 'extrachoices' array, and as an object to the 'Eldritch Invocations' object in the Warlock ClassList entry.

For example, if I wanted to add a invocation called "Newish Invocation" that can be taken from level 11 onwards, it would look like this:
Code:
ClassList.warlock.features["eldritch invocations"].extrachoices.push("Newish Invocation (prereq: level 11 warlock)");

ClassList.warlock.features["eldritch invocations"]["newish invocation (prereq: level 11 warlock)"] = {
	name : "Agonizing Blast",
	description : "\n   " + "The description of this newish invocation, what it does",
	source : ["HB", 0],
};

I was creating a level 4 Dwarven Champion two weapon fighting style with the dual wielder feat and I noticed that when I added a Battleaxe (offhand) to the attacks list it used the Handaxe (offhand) information. Also when I added items to the equipment section it gave 3 handaxes and 1 battleaxe instead of 2 and 2. This was in version 12.82.
I never considered this, but you have found a good bug there, good work, and thank you for reporting it! I totally forgot to correct for the possibility of having the text "off-hand" appear in a weapons name. The code checks for handaxes by looking in the string for the occurrence of both the words "axe" and "hand", which is true if you type "Battleaxe (offhand)". I will make sure this is fixed in the new version!

Remove ads