D&D 5E MPMB's D&D 5e Character Tools

Thanks for the quick reply. A hint as to what's going on: when I select "Wizard 1" it pops up the 3 Cantrips, but it does not show any boxes for my spells. My only option is to select them in the "spells to add to class list."

All the other classes (Sorcerer, Warlock) work as expected. The problem is isolated to Wizard.
Well, as I said, I can't reproduce this issue.
There should be a list with the header "Spellbook" to the right of where you can set the cantrips.
However, without access to the sheet, or any more information about what version of the sheet, what type of sheet, what version of the software, etc. etc., I can't really help to resolve the issue.

fil512

Explorer
Just tried on a different computer and downloaded the sheet fresh. Same issue. I'm using Office 365 (Version 1612) Here's a screenshot of what it looks like. Wizard.jpg

fil512

Explorer
I'm running MPMB's Spell Sheet Generator (v8.6b)

If I select Warlock, I get a "Warlock Spells Known" block. Same for Sorcerer. It really looks like it's treating a Wizard like a Cleric.

fil512

Explorer
When you say "to the right of where you can set the cantrips" do you mean "Below where you can set the cantrips?" Because for Sorcerer and Warlock, the spells blocks appear below the Cantrips, not beside them...

Whoopsie, accidentally posted my previous post, instead of what I was writing:

Just tried on a different computer and downloaded the sheet fresh. Same issue. I'm using Office 365 (Version 1612)
I'm running MPMB's Spell Sheet Generator (v8.6b)

If I select Warlock, I get a "Warlock Spells Known" block. Same for Sorcerer. It really looks like it's treating a Wizard like a Cleric.
Now here is some essential information! I thought you were talking about the Character Record Sheet PDF, and not the Excel! The Excel is mostly a legacy product at this stage and I don't really update it anymore because the Character Record Sheet can do the same stuff, only better, and has all the other things for making a character as well.

When you say "to the right of where you can set the cantrips" do you mean "Below where you can set the cantrips?" Because for Sorcerer and Warlock, the spells blocks appear below the Cantrips, not beside them...
So my replies have all been related to the Character Sheet until now and are, therefore, completely wrong and don't apply to your situation :p

The Excel can't do what you want it to do through automation, as there wouldn't ever be enough space on the 'input' tab to select all possible spells you could theoretically have in a spellbook. Instead, you will have to manually select which spells you want to see on the "Spell Sheet" tab, and then generate the sheet again.
To do this, open the "Let's make a spell sheet!" dialogue (with the big green "Create Spell Sheet" button), and click on the orange button that reads "I want to edit which spells are on the Spell Sheet (Spellbook)".
This then opens the Spell Sheet tab with an extra column, the "Visibility Column". By removing a "x" from a line in this column, you will ensure that that line is hidden when generating the spell sheet.

If you want something that can do all the stuff the Excel can, including easier selection of what spells you have in your spellbook, and a :):):):)ton more, check out the automated PDF's over on DMs Guild!

Because DMs Guild demands exclusivity, I'm not allowed to post the sheet anywhere else.

FYI I'm almost done with the next version of the PDF sheet, which I hope to have online in a couple of hours.

Last edited:

marioinfinity

First Post
I made the hexblade (warlock) - all the features & spells seem to show up in the right spot and all the stuff seems to work. The only things I didn't figure out is how to modify the curse feature to not show 1/SR on the Features list at 14th or show any sort of description on the damage line for the curse target (something like "if target is cursed crit 19-20, dmg +prof bonus) if thats even needed).

Anyway yea. if anyone's needing this before MP gets to it:

ClassSubList["hexblade"] = {
regExpSearch : /^(?=.*warlock)((?=.*hexblade)).*$/i,
subname : "Hexblade",
source : ["UA", 0],
spellcastingExtra : ["shield", "wrathful smite", "branding smite", "magic weapon", "blink", "elemental weapon", "phtasmal killer", "staggering smite", "cone of cold", "destructive wave"],
features : {
"subclassfeature1" : {
name : "Hexblade's Curse",
minlevel : 1,
description : "\n " + "I can place a baleful curse on an enemy within 30 ft, lasting 1 minute" + "\n " + "I gain bonus damage equal to my proficiency bonus" + "\n " + "I critical on a 19-20, and if my target dies I gain hit points equal to my warlock level + Charisma mod",
usages : "1 per ",
recovery : "short rest",
action : ["bonus action", ""],
},
"subclassfeature1.1" : {
name : "Hex Warrior",
minlevel : 1,
description : "\n " + "I gain proficiency with medium armor, shields and martial weapons" + "\n " + "When attacking with a melee weapon that lacks the two-handed property I can use Charisma to hit and damage",
},
"subclassfeature6" : {
name : "Shadow Hound",
minlevel : 6,
description : "\n " + "As a bonus action I can summon a magical hound wtihin 60ft of me" + "\n " + "The target can't gain the benefits of half or three-quarters cover" + "\n " + "I know the distance and direction of the target, even hidden" + "\n " + "They can only see the hound with truesight" + "\n " + "I can merge it back to me as a bonus action",
},
"subclassfeature10" : {
name : "Armor of Hexes",
source : ["HUA", 0],
minlevel : 10,
description : "\n " + "If the target of my hex hits me roll a d6" + "\n " + "On a 4 or higher the attack misses",
},
"subclassfeature14" : {
name : "Master of Hexes",
minlevel : 14,
description : "\n " + "I can cast Hexblades Curse without resting" + "\n " + "If I apply it to a new target the curse ends on the previous one",
}
}
};
ClassList.warlock.subclasses[1].push("hexblade");

chaosronin

Explorer
I made the hexblade (warlock) - all the features & spells seem to show up in the right spot and all the stuff seems to work. The only things I didn't figure out is how to modify the curse feature to not show 1/SR on the Features list at 14th or show any sort of description on the damage line for the curse target (something like "if target is cursed crit 19-20, dmg +prof bonus) if thats even needed).

Anyway yea. if anyone's needing this before MP gets to it:

The only thing that I have noticed so far is the proficiencies are not setting correctly.

marioinfinity

First Post
The only thing that I have noticed so far is the proficiencies are not setting correctly.

Oops. lol i'm not quite sure how the weapons : [ ] and armor : [ ] listing works ... i'll havta figure it out after my game (in 20minutes) - thanks for letting me know, i'll get it fixed

I didn't notice it cuz my player is a pally too so already had them all >< i'm a dummy

A huge update to the Character Record Sheet, with some new features, many bug fixes, and a lot of small tweaks!

[H=6]Changelog for MPMB's Character Record Sheet v12.83 (18 Februari 2017):[/H]
  • NEW FEATURE: Context-aware HP calculations (e.g. Dwarven Tougness), which can be added with custom scripts;
  • NEW FEATURE: Context-aware attack fields auto-fill (e.g. Monk Damage Die), which can be added with custom scripts;
  • NEW FEATURE: Context-aware attack to hit and attack damage calculations (e.g. Paladin Improved Divine Smite), which can be added with custom scripts;
  • NEW FEATURE: Cantrips and spells added as an attack now get the ability score ascribed to them that has the highest modifier out of the spellcasting sources that include the selected cantrip/spell;
  • NEW FEATURE: Added attack options for the Artificer’s ‘Alchemical Acid’, ‘Alchemical Fire’, ‘Thunder Monger’, ‘Blast Wave’, ‘Piercing Round’, and ‘Explosive Round’;
  • Added automation for the Svirfneblin Magic feat to have the spells appear on the spell sheet instead of in the limited feature section;
  • Added automation to not give Mithral armour disadvantage on stealth (as suggested by [MENTION=6679630]Adam1[/MENTION]984_);
  • Added options to make a complete spell sheet for the Artificer and a filter for the Artificer spells for adding spells on a line. This now works for any class or subclass added via custom script as well, as long as it is not excluded via the Source Selection Dialogue;
  • Added the UA Fighting Styles to the options of the UA Ranger Fighting Style (as suggested by rossow_timothy);
  • Added a way for (sub)classes to have two possible stats for determining their DC, and the sheet will automatically pick the highest (as suggested by David E.);
  • Added a way for armour to have non-conforming Dexterity modifier maximum;
  • Added the weapons ‘Vial of Acid’ and ‘Alchemist’s Fire’;
  • Updated all the JavaScript Syntax file to the new possibilities and added an explanatory header;
  • Altered the description of the Expeditious Retreat spell to be more concise (as suggested by Taed);
  • Added asterisks next to the action taken from the DMG, which only appear when the ‘Adventure League’ toggle is active, as a way to make it more clear that some actions aren’t eligible in Adventure League play (as suggested by Charles M.);
  • Fix for the Mechanical Servant option showing up on the Companion page only when the UA Artificer source is included (instead of excluded, as was the case in v12.82);
  • Fix for the Mechanical Servant’s Wondrous Inventions’ Eyes of Minute Seeing description (thanks Arryn for reporting);
  • Fix for the Fighter class having more than 2 attacks on the Printer Friendly versions (thanks rossow_timothy for reporting);
  • Fixed an issue with removing the last weapon manually added to the “Other Weapons” proficiency (thanks James B. for reporting);
  • Fixed an issue with the Tranquility Monk not being linked to a source proficiency (thanks James B. for reporting);
  • Fix for the tooltip of the attack description field on the companion page not moving along when using the menus to move/insert/delete an attack;
  • Fix for the description of the Tunnel Fighting Style (thanks [MENTION=97399]DRM[/MENTION]athieu for reporting);
  • The full list of Feats, Racial Features, and Class Features that have gained an attack or hp automation is:
    • Crossbow Expert (feat)
    • Great Weapon Fighting (feat)
    • Sharpshooter (feat)
    • Tavern Brawler (feat)
    • Tough (feat [HP])
    • Talons (Aarakocra)
    • Dwarven Toughness (Hill Dwarf [HP])
    • Savage Attacks (Half-Orc)
    • Rage (Barbarian)
    • Brutal Critical (Barbarian)
    • Archery Fighting Style
    • Dueling Fighting Style
    • Great Weapon Fighting Style
    • Two-Weapon Fighting Style
    • Close Quarters Shooter Fighting Style
    • Martial Arts (Monk)
    • Ki-Empowered Strikes (Monk)
    • Improved Divine Smite (Paladin)
    • Sneak Attack (Rogue)
    • Pact of the Blade (Warlock)
    • Lifedrinker (Warlock invocation)
    • Repelling Blast (Warlock invocation)
    • Potent Spellcasting (Cleric archetypes)
    • Divine Strike (Cleric archetypes)
    • Improved Critical (Fighter, Champion)
    • Superior Critical (Fighter, Champion)
    • Channel Divinity: Sacred Weapon (Paladin, Oath of Devotion)
    • Draconic Resilience (Sorcerer, Draconic Bloodline [HP])
    • Elemental Affinity (Sorcerer, Draconic Bloodline)
    • Song of Victory (Wizard, Bladesinger)
    • Radiant Soul (Warlock, the Undying Light)
    • (Greater) Favored Enemy (UA Ranger)
    • Raging Storm: Sea (Barbarian, Storm Herald)
    • Arcane Arrow (Fighter, Arcane Archer)
    • Implacable Mark (Fighter, Knight)
    • Hold the Line (Fighter, Knight)
    • Steady Aim (Fighter, Sharpshooter)
    • Kensei Weapons (Monk, Way of the Kensei)
    • One with the Blade (Monk, Way of the Kensei)
    • Precise Strike (Monk, Way of the Kensei)
    • Channel Divinity: Poison Strike (Paladin, Oath of Treachery)
    • Piercing Thorns (Ranger, Primeval Guardian)
    • Alchemical Acid (Artificer, Alchemist)
    • Alchemical Fire (Artificer, Alchemist)
    • Thunder Monger (Artificer, Gunsmith)
    • Blast Wave (Artificer, Gunsmith)
    • Piercing Round (Artificer, Gunsmith)

Links: MPMB's Character Record Sheet - Colorful A4/Letter        MPMB's Character Record Sheet - Printer Friendly Redesign

Looking for the original Printer Friendly version with the artwork of the Wizards of the Coast official character sheet (Click here for the preview)?.

Become a patron on Patreon, and you will get the Character Record Sheet, Spell Sheets per Class, and Adventure Logsheet with the WotC design!

Taed

First Post
I tried to upgrade my Artificer to the new sheet using the Import PDF. From the popups it seemed to be done, but there is still a status box saying, "Applying the weapon's features." The Ability scores have not filled in and the attacks are all +0, so it's clearly not finished, even though it's been about 30 minutes. My original sheet (before attempting to upgrade) is here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vsn5030uhfayk1r/The%20Dread%20Pirate%20Bobbi.pdf?dl=0.

Remove ads