• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E MPMB's D&D 5e Character Tools

Not sure how to share a file like that. Hopefully this works? Thanks for the help! https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxNI1AKOsYRYbVFWbnB0elZoQm8/view
When I click this link, it says I need permission to open it. I send you a request for this permission (a few days ago) for which you should have received an email.

How may the non-javascript inclined amongst us help get the mystic working?
You can help by transcribing Psionic Disciplines! Please see this post on my Patreon for more information on how you can help: https://www.patreon.com/posts/im-requesting-to-8516203

Although the sheet isn't designed to accommodate mobile devices, do you know of any 3rd party apps that might help compatibility?
I don't know any apps that support the JavaScript API required to make my sheet work on mobile devices.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxNI1AKOsYRYbVFWbnB0elZoQm8/view?usp=sharing
OK Sorry I must have deleted that request with my spam. I think I changed the setting so that anyone can view the link now. Thanks.
Now I'm able to open it, great!

However, I see the text lines and grey background in this file as they should be. It is definitely a PDF that has been made with the Microsoft Print to PDF version. However, I can't see anything missing. Are you sure that printing to PDF causes the lines to disappear just like printing on paper? Because this evidence kinda shows the opposite, that printing to PDF works perfectly fine.

If you print this PDF you linked, do you also not see the lines on your paper? If so, it is undoubtedly an issue with your machine/printer and has nothing to do with my PDF.

TheBob427

Explorer

Great! I take it that you only want help transcribing the disciplines as the Orders would require more extensive knowledge of the other elements of the sheet? And is that link up-to-date on which disciplines have been done already?
I just updated the post as I just finished transcribing the Orders :) I also got 5 more disciplines mailed to me, which I haven't put on the GitHub yet (will do so tomorrow), but I have included them in the Patreon post.

It would be really helpful if you could transcribe some disciplines, as they are a lot of work. Thanks!

TheBob427

Explorer
Random Question: What person would you prefer it to be written in? Normally the sheet uses first person, but the examples you put up left it in second person. Any preference?

Random Question: What person would you prefer it to be written in? Normally the sheet uses first person, but the examples you put up left it in second person. Any preference?
The class features use first person, but the spells use second person.

This is something a bit strange, but born out of legacy: The spell descriptions were taken from my Excel Spell Sheet Generator project that pre-dates the character sheet's spell sheet implementation by a year.

With the psoinics I try to stick to the way I wrote the spells as closely as possible.

TheBob427

Explorer
I know Python so I ended up coding a transcriber that I would type the information into that would then format it for me. Here's Diminution, Giant Growth, and Intellect Fortress.

Code:
"diminution" : {
	name : "Diminution",
	classes : ["mystic"],
	source : ["UA:TMC", 14],
	psionic : true,
	level : 1,
	school : "Immor", //"Avatar", "Awake", "Immor", "Nomad", "Wu Jen"
	time : "1 bns",
	range : "Self",
	components : "Psi-F"
	duration : "While focused",
	description : "You have advantage on Dexterity (Stealth) checks",
	descriptionFull : "You manipulate the matter that composes your body, drastically reducing your size without surrendering any of your might." + PyschicFocus + "While focused on this discipline, you have advantage on Dexterity (Stealth) checks.",
	firstCol : "checkbox"
	dependencies : ["d1-miniature form", "d2-toppling shift", "d3-sudden shift", "d4-microscopic form"]
},
"d1-miniature form" : {
	name : "Miniature Form",
	duration : "Conc, 10 min",
	description : "You become Tiny, gain a +5 bonus to Dexterity (Stealth) checks, and can move through gaps up to 6 inches across without squeezing",
	descriptionFull : "As a bonus action, you become Tiny until your concentration ends. While this size, you gain a +5 bonus to Dexterity (Stealth) checks and can move through gaps up to 6 inches across without squeezing.",
	firstCol : 2
},
"d2-toppling shift" : {
	name : "Toppling Shift",
	range : "5 ft",
	duration : "Instantaneous",
	save : "Str",
	description : "One creature you can see within 5 feet must succeed on a Strength saving throw or be knocked prone",
	descriptionFull : "As a bonus action, you shift to an incredibly small size and then suddenly return to normal, sending an opponent flying backward. Choose one creature you can see within 5 feet of you. It must succeed on a Strength saving throw or be knocked prone.",
},
"d3-sudden shift" : {
	name : "Sudden Shift",
	time : "1 rea",
	description : "When you are hit by an attack, you can use your reaction to force the attack to miss, then move up to 5 feet without provoking opportunity attacks",
	descriptionFull : "As a reaction when you are hit by an attack, you shift down to minute size to avoid the attack. The attack misses, and you move up to 5 feet without provoking opportunity attacks before returning to normal size.",
	firstCol : 5
},
"d4-microscopic form" : {
	name : "Microscopic Form",
	description : "You become smaller than Tiny, gain a +10 bonus to Dexterity (Stealth) checks, gain a +5 bonus to AC, can move through gaps up to 1 inch across without squeezing, and you can't make weapon attacks",
	descriptionFull : "As a bonus action, you become smaller than Tiny until your concentration ends. While this size, you gain a +10 bonus to Dexterity (Stealth) checks and a +5 bonus to AC, you can move through gaps up to 1 inch across without squeezing, and you can't make weapon attacks.",
	firstCol : 7
}
"giant growth" : {
	name : "Giant Growth",
	description : "Your reach is increased by 5 feet",
	descriptionFull : "You infuse yourself with psionic energy to grow to tremendous size, bolstering your strength and durability." + PyschicFocus + "While focused on this discipline, your reach is increased by 5 feet.",
	dependencies : ["gg1-ogre form", "gg2-giant form"]
},
"gg1-ogre form" : {
	name : "Ogre Form",
	duration : "Conc, 1 min",
	description : "You gain 10 temp hp, your melee weapon attacks deal an extra 1d4 bludgeoning damage, your reach increases by 5 feet, and if you are smaller than Large, you become Large",
	descriptionFull : "As a bonus action, you gain 10 temporary hit points. In addition, until your concentration ends, your melee weapon attacks deal an extra 1d4 bludgeoning damage on a hit, and your reach increases by 5 feet. If you're smaller than Large, you also become Large for the duration.",
},
"gg2-giant form" : {
	name : "Giant Form",
	duration : "Conc, 1 min",
	description : "You gain 30 temp hp, your melee weapon attacks deal an extra 2d6 bludgeoning damage, your reach increases by 10 feet, and if you are smaller than Huge, you become Huge",
	descriptionFull : "As a bonus action, you gain 30 temporary hit points. In addition, until your concentration ends, your melee weapon attacks deal an extra 2d6 bludgeoning damage on a hit, and your reach increases by 10 feet. If you're smaller than Huge, you also become Huge for the duration.",
	firstCol : 7
}
"intellect fortress" : {
	name : "Intellect Fortress",
	school : "Awake", //"Avatar", "Awake", "Immor", "Nomad", "Wu Jen"
	description : "You have resistance to pyschic damage",
	descriptionFull : "You forge an indomitable wall of psionic energy around your mind-one that allows you to launch counterattacks against your opponents." + PyschicFocus + "While focused on this discipline, you have resistance to pyschic damage.",
	dependencies : ["if1-pyschic backlash", "if2-psychic parry", "if3-psychic redoubt"]
},
"if1-pyschic backlash" : {
	name : "Pyschic Backlash",
	range : "",
	description : "You impose disadvantage on an attack roll against you if you can see the attacker. If you are still hit, the attacker takes 2d10 psychic damage",
	descriptionFull : "As a reaction, you can impose disadvantage on an attack roll against you if you can see the attacker. If the attack still hits you, the attacker takes 2d10 psychic damage.",
},
"if2-psychic parry" : {
	name : "Psychic Parry",
	description : "When you make an Intelligence, Wisdom, or Charisma saving throw, you gain a +1/PP bonus. You can do this after the roll but before the results",
	descriptionFull : "As a reaction when you make an Intelligence, a Wisdom, or a Charisma saving throw, you gain a +1 bonus to that saving throw for each psi point you spend on this ability. You can use this ability after rolling the die but before suffering the results.",
	firstCol : 1-7
},
"if3-psychic redoubt" : {
	name : "Psychic Redoubt",
	time : "1 a",
	range : "30 ft",
	description : "Any number of creatures within range gain resistance to psychic damage and advantage on Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma saving throws",
	descriptionFull : "As an action, you create a field of protective psychic energy. Choose any number of creatures within 30 feet of you. Until your concentration ends, each target has resistance to psychic damage and advantage on Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma saving throws.",
	firstCol : 5
}

TheBob427

Explorer
What would you put as the casting time of this psychic focus?

While focused on this discipline, when you end your turn and didn’t move during it, you can use your reaction to allow one ally you can see within 30 feet of you to move up to half their speed, following a path of your choice. To move in this way, the ally mustn’t be incapacitated.

Since focusing is a bonus action but the effect is a reaction.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads