• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E MPMB's D&D 5e Character Tools

I know Python so I ended up coding a transcriber that I would type the information into that would then format it for me. Here's Diminution, Giant Growth, and Intellect Fortress.

Code:
"diminution" : {
	name : "Diminution",
	classes : ["mystic"],
	source : ["UA:TMC", 14],
	psionic : true,
	level : 1,
	school : "Immor", //"Avatar", "Awake", "Immor", "Nomad", "Wu Jen"
	time : "1 bns",
	range : "Self",
	components : "Psi-F"
	duration : "While focused",
	description : "You have advantage on Dexterity (Stealth) checks",
	descriptionFull : "You manipulate the matter that composes your body, drastically reducing your size without surrendering any of your might." + PyschicFocus + "While focused on this discipline, you have advantage on Dexterity (Stealth) checks.",
	firstCol : "checkbox"
	dependencies : ["d1-miniature form", "d2-toppling shift", "d3-sudden shift", "d4-microscopic form"]
},
"d1-miniature form" : {
	name : "Miniature Form",
	duration : "Conc, 10 min",
	description : "You become Tiny, gain a +5 bonus to Dexterity (Stealth) checks, and can move through gaps up to 6 inches across without squeezing",
	descriptionFull : "As a bonus action, you become Tiny until your concentration ends. While this size, you gain a +5 bonus to Dexterity (Stealth) checks and can move through gaps up to 6 inches across without squeezing.",
	firstCol : 2
},
"d2-toppling shift" : {
	name : "Toppling Shift",
	range : "5 ft",
	duration : "Instantaneous",
	save : "Str",
	description : "One creature you can see within 5 feet must succeed on a Strength saving throw or be knocked prone",
	descriptionFull : "As a bonus action, you shift to an incredibly small size and then suddenly return to normal, sending an opponent flying backward. Choose one creature you can see within 5 feet of you. It must succeed on a Strength saving throw or be knocked prone.",
},
"d3-sudden shift" : {
	name : "Sudden Shift",
	time : "1 rea",
	description : "When you are hit by an attack, you can use your reaction to force the attack to miss, then move up to 5 feet without provoking opportunity attacks",
	descriptionFull : "As a reaction when you are hit by an attack, you shift down to minute size to avoid the attack. The attack misses, and you move up to 5 feet without provoking opportunity attacks before returning to normal size.",
	firstCol : 5
},
"d4-microscopic form" : {
	name : "Microscopic Form",
	description : "You become smaller than Tiny, gain a +10 bonus to Dexterity (Stealth) checks, gain a +5 bonus to AC, can move through gaps up to 1 inch across without squeezing, and you can't make weapon attacks",
	descriptionFull : "As a bonus action, you become smaller than Tiny until your concentration ends. While this size, you gain a +10 bonus to Dexterity (Stealth) checks and a +5 bonus to AC, you can move through gaps up to 1 inch across without squeezing, and you can't make weapon attacks.",
	firstCol : 7
}
"giant growth" : {
	name : "Giant Growth",
	description : "Your reach is increased by 5 feet",
	descriptionFull : "You infuse yourself with psionic energy to grow to tremendous size, bolstering your strength and durability." + PyschicFocus + "While focused on this discipline, your reach is increased by 5 feet.",
	dependencies : ["gg1-ogre form", "gg2-giant form"]
},
"gg1-ogre form" : {
	name : "Ogre Form",
	duration : "Conc, 1 min",
	description : "You gain 10 temp hp, your melee weapon attacks deal an extra 1d4 bludgeoning damage, your reach increases by 5 feet, and if you are smaller than Large, you become Large",
	descriptionFull : "As a bonus action, you gain 10 temporary hit points. In addition, until your concentration ends, your melee weapon attacks deal an extra 1d4 bludgeoning damage on a hit, and your reach increases by 5 feet. If you're smaller than Large, you also become Large for the duration.",
},
"gg2-giant form" : {
	name : "Giant Form",
	duration : "Conc, 1 min",
	description : "You gain 30 temp hp, your melee weapon attacks deal an extra 2d6 bludgeoning damage, your reach increases by 10 feet, and if you are smaller than Huge, you become Huge",
	descriptionFull : "As a bonus action, you gain 30 temporary hit points. In addition, until your concentration ends, your melee weapon attacks deal an extra 2d6 bludgeoning damage on a hit, and your reach increases by 10 feet. If you're smaller than Huge, you also become Huge for the duration.",
	firstCol : 7
}
"intellect fortress" : {
	name : "Intellect Fortress",
	school : "Awake", //"Avatar", "Awake", "Immor", "Nomad", "Wu Jen"
	description : "You have resistance to pyschic damage",
	descriptionFull : "You forge an indomitable wall of psionic energy around your mind-one that allows you to launch counterattacks against your opponents." + PyschicFocus + "While focused on this discipline, you have resistance to pyschic damage.",
	dependencies : ["if1-pyschic backlash", "if2-psychic parry", "if3-psychic redoubt"]
},
"if1-pyschic backlash" : {
	name : "Pyschic Backlash",
	range : "",
	description : "You impose disadvantage on an attack roll against you if you can see the attacker. If you are still hit, the attacker takes 2d10 psychic damage",
	descriptionFull : "As a reaction, you can impose disadvantage on an attack roll against you if you can see the attacker. If the attack still hits you, the attacker takes 2d10 psychic damage.",
},
"if2-psychic parry" : {
	name : "Psychic Parry",
	description : "When you make an Intelligence, Wisdom, or Charisma saving throw, you gain a +1/PP bonus. You can do this after the roll but before the results",
	descriptionFull : "As a reaction when you make an Intelligence, a Wisdom, or a Charisma saving throw, you gain a +1 bonus to that saving throw for each psi point you spend on this ability. You can use this ability after rolling the die but before suffering the results.",
	firstCol : 1-7
},
"if3-psychic redoubt" : {
	name : "Psychic Redoubt",
	time : "1 a",
	range : "30 ft",
	description : "Any number of creatures within range gain resistance to psychic damage and advantage on Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma saving throws",
	descriptionFull : "As an action, you create a field of protective psychic energy. Choose any number of creatures within 30 feet of you. Until your concentration ends, each target has resistance to psychic damage and advantage on Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma saving throws.",
	firstCol : 5
}
Thank you very much for these additions. I looked them over and corrected some errors and changed the descriptions. You can see the changes here: https://www.diffchecker.com/RSFFXdpy

You made most of the descriptions longer than the fields that they have to go into, so I have shortened them quite a bit. To test them, please use one of the Colourful sheets, as they have the least amount of space (width) for the spell descriptions.

Also, try not to repeat things in the description that are already in the other fields, such as range, duration, ability score the save triggers off from, etc.

Regardless the comments and changes I made, I really appreciate all the help, this speeds it up a ton!

A patron on Patreon made a Google Spreadsheet to keep track of the disciplines that have and haven't been done. Please mark the ones you are working on so other people know, thanks!

TheBob427

Explorer
Happy to help. Just a note: in your revised code, for psychic parry (line 153) you wrote "Use just before rolling," but the discipline actually says you use it after the roll, but before "suffering the results," so basically after you know your roll but not whether or not it succeeded. Also you seem to have added a Strength save to the Giant Form (line 110)

Happy to help. Just a note: in your revised code, for psychic parry (line 153) you wrote "Use just before rolling," but the discipline actually says you use it after the roll, but before "suffering the results," so basically after you know your roll but not whether or not it succeeded. Also you seem to have added a Strength save to the Giant Form (line 110)
Thanks, it helps to have a second (third?) pair of eyes looking it over.

There was actually someone on Patreon who did the same two disciplines as you did (Giant Form and Diminution), so I combined both yours and his into one. Guess the Str save was one of his additions that I overlooked.

TheBob427

Explorer
Are you planning on making a mobile compatible character sheet? I ask because currently printing out the sheet would either require printing an empty sheet and filling it in, discarding the automation, or just printing out several versions, which is kinda wasteful. Having a copy on a tablet or something would be handy for in-person games.

P.S. Sorry for all the various "x-compatible character sheet" questions.

capn_pineapple

First Post
Are you planning on making a mobile compatible character sheet? I ask because currently printing out the sheet would either require printing an empty sheet and filling it in, discarding the automation, or just printing out several versions, which is kinda wasteful. Having a copy on a tablet or something would be handy for in-person games.

P.S. Sorry for all the various "x-compatible character sheet" questions.
Just flatten it and put it in Adobe reader. It's what I've been doing on my phone for months without any issues.

No need to reinvent the wheel on something that's already functional.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

TheBob427

Explorer
Just flatten it and put it in Adobe reader. It's what I've been doing on my phone for months without any issues.

No need to reinvent the wheel on something that's already functional.

I meant having the character sheet on mobile while still being automated, so I can update as I play. So I suppose the better question would be if there would be some workaround to get javascript working on mobile.

Last edited:

I meant having the character sheet on mobile while still being automated, so I can update as I play. So I suppose the better question would be if there would be some workaround to get javascript working on mobile.
As far as I know, there is no way to get a JavaScript-reliant PDF like mine working on any mobile device, sorry. Getting this working on mobile would require me to switching to another platform, like a web-based thing or an app. Although possible, this is beyond the scope of DMs Guild. As such, I wouldn't be allowed to use any material that is not in the SRD. And I think there are plenty of SRD-only character generators out there that do work on mobile platforms.

TheBob427

Explorer
As far as I know, there is no way to get a JavaScript-reliant PDF like mine working on any mobile device, sorry. Getting this working on mobile would require me to switching to another platform, like a web-based thing or an app. Although possible, this is beyond the scope of DMs Guild. As such, I wouldn't be allowed to use any material that is not in the SRD. And I think there are plenty of SRD-only character generators out there that do work on mobile platforms.

Ok, good to know, thanks!

v12.92 - Now with 100% more Mystic!

This is a big one. Besides the huge addition of the mystic with all its psionics, this version features many bugfixes, the two latest UA articles, Adventurers League backgrounds, and many small tweaks.

[H=6]Changelog for MPMB's Character Record Sheet v12.92 (29 March 2017):[/H]
  • NEW CONTENT: Addition of the Mystic class, its 6 subclasses, and its 12 psionic talents and 40 disciplines from the Unearthed Arcana: The Mystic Class (with help from Justin W., rabidknave, mattohara, and TheBob427);
  • NEW CONTENT: Addition of the War Magic subclass from the Unearthed Arcana: Wizard Revisited (with help from erickrause);
  • NEW CONTENT: Addition of the Drunken Master, Oath of Redemption, and Monster Slayer subclasses from the Unearthed Arcana: A Trio of Subclasses;
  • NEW CONTENT: Addition of the Death Dog creature;
  • NEW CONTENT: Addition of the backgrounds and background features from the Adventurers League Rage of Demons: State of Hillsfar supplement (with big help from AggieBear);
  • NEW CONTENT: Addition of the backgrounds and background features from the Adventurers League Elemental Evil: Mulmaster Bonds and Backgrounds supplement;
  • NEW CONTENT: Addition of the background features from the Hoard of the Dragon Queen and Out of the Abyss adventure books (as suggested by /u/buzzardoftheages);
  • NEW FEATURE: The option to exclude weapons and armour using the Source Selection Dialogue;
  • Added support for a class having spellcasting that doesn’t give spell slots (to make the Mystic’s Psionic work);
  • Added support for a psionic orders as ‘spell schools’ as well as writing psionic talent/disciplines in the spell level dividers instead of a number (to make the Mystic’s Psionic work);
  • Added support for class features on the third page’s notes section to have level-dependent ‘additional’, ‘usages’, or ‘recovery’;
  • Added a way for the sheet to automatically remove features from the third page’s notes section when changing class/archetype/level to something that doesn’t have access to those features;
  • Added ‘Create Bonfire’ as an option in the attacks drop-down boxes (as suggested by uly);
  • Added a way for the sheet to convert inches to the metric system (but not when written like 1”);
  • Changed the “Add Custom Script” dialogue to include buttons to find the syntax & fan-made additions on both the Dropbox and GitHub, as well as added a button that opens the JavaScript console;
  • Changed the way the weapon dropdown boxes are set, making it easier to add custom weapons and making it possible to including the weapons in the Source Selection Dialogue;
  • Added an exception for Shillelagh to count as a melee weapon for context-aware attack calculations (thanks Nicholai B. for reporting);
  • Fixed an issue with actions not being removed in some cases when changing class/archetype/level;
  • Fixed a bug that caused the sheet to hang when changing racial variant (thanks BobbyByrne for reporting);
  • Fixed some typos (thanks Astromath and pdegan2814 for reporting);
  • On the Colourful sheets, fixed the Con Mod from sometimes showing the wrong value in the Companion pages’ HD section (thanks for Midrealm DM reporting);
  • Fixed some Context-Aware Attack Calculations not working (thanks rossow_timothy for reporting);
  • Corrected the Cloistered Scholar background from wrongfully having artisan’s tools (thanks @Paul_mclaughlin for reporting);
  • Corrected the damage for the Scourge Aasimar’s Radiant Consumption (thanks @KhameleonGarden for reporting);
  • Fixed an error with the “Flatten” function;
  • Improved performance by swapping ‘match()’ evaluations with ‘test()’;
  • Fixed a calculation-order issue with the Initiative on the Printer Friendly sheets (thanks erickrause for reporting);
  • Fixed the Druid (Circle of the Moon) not getting the right Wild Shape (thanks Kamil L. for reporting);
  • Fixed the Wild Shape calculation using things like Unarmored Defense and Draconic Resilience to calculate the best AC for Wild Shapes (thanks Adam C. for reporting);
  • Fix for the Stone Sorcerer Stone’s Durability adding the Dexterity modifier while it shouldn’t;
  • Updated the FAQ.
Links: MPMB's Character Record Sheet - Colorful A4/Letter        MPMB's Character Record Sheet - Printer Friendly Redesign

[H=6]Changelog for MPMB's Spell Sheets per Class v12.92 (29 March 2017):[/H]
  • Recreated all the Spell Sheets from version 12.92 of the Character Record Sheet;
  • NEW CONTENT: psionic talents and psionic disciplines from the Unearthed Arcana: the Mystic Class;
  • NEW CONTENT: the Mystic spell sheet;
  • Fixed typos in the glossary of abbreviations;
  • Updated the FAQ;
Links: MPMB's Spell Sheets per Class - Colorful A4/Letter        MPMB's Spell Sheets per Class - Printer Friendly Redesign

Looking for the original Printer Friendly version with the artwork of the Wizards of the Coast official character sheet (Click here for the preview)?.

Become a patron on Patreon, and you will get the Character Record Sheet, Spell Sheets per Class, and Adventure Logsheet with the WotC design!

Last edited:

TheBob427

Explorer
Horray it's here! Found a bug though (such is the life of a software developer I suppose), with 13 Dex and 16 Con it says that my Immortal Durability AC (10 + Dex + Con) is 16, when it should be 14, unless I am missing something. I did put 16 Int so maybe it is using 10 + Int + Con by accident (although that's what I think they should change the feature to anyway, but I digress)

Remove ads