• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E MPMB's D&D 5e Character Tools

TheBob427

Explorer
Just so you know, the Mystic's Potent Psionics lets you add your Inteligence modifier to all Psionic Talent damage rolls, but it currently isn't automated. For example if I choose Mind Thrust from the attack drop down menu, at level 8 I would have to go into the Mods field and type Int in the damage mod.

Just so you know, the Mystic's Potent Psionics lets you add your Inteligence modifier to all Psionic Talent damage rolls, but it currently isn't automated. For example if I choose Mind Thrust from the attack drop down menu, at level 8 I would have to go into the Mods field and type Int in the damage mod.
It is supposed to do that and I thought I had this working. However, I see that after I tested this I changed a bit of the code. It will be fixed in the next version. Thank you for reporting this issue!

Koren n'Rhys

Explorer
Quick question - maybe I'm just missing it. Is there a way to add more than the 5 default lines to the Attacks box on the first page, or turn on another sheet with more on it? Between a few weapons and cantrips, I find I run out of space really fast and it would be nice to have a spot for more. A way to add more lines there, maybe removing some from the three boxes above it would be great, though I doubt that functionality is possible.
Thanks!

Quick question - maybe I'm just missing it. Is there a way to add more than the 5 default lines to the Attacks box on the first page, or turn on another sheet with more on it? Between a few weapons and cantrips, I find I run out of space really fast and it would be nice to have a spot for more. A way to add more lines there, maybe removing some from the three boxes above it would be great, though I doubt that functionality is possible.
Thanks!
Depending on which version and type of the sheet you use, you can have 6 attack boxes on the first page. However, there is no feature to create more. I have put it forward as a new option that I'm willing to create, but it has never been picked as the 'next feature' by the people over on my Patreon (where I post the polls for what feature I should create next). My idea is to remove some of the Magic Item boxes on the overflow page and replace them with an extra attack section.

Koren n'Rhys

Explorer
Depending on which version and type of the sheet you use, you can have 6 attack boxes on the first page. However, there is no feature to create more. I have put it forward as a new option that I'm willing to create, but it has never been picked as the 'next feature' by the people over on my Patreon (where I post the polls for what feature I should create next). My idea is to remove some of the Magic Item boxes on the overflow page and replace them with an extra attack section.
No worries - I just wanted to check to see if I was missing it on an optional page. I'm on the current v12.93 (printer-friendly). If it shows up in a future update, great. If it never makes the cut... Well, such is life. In any case, thanks again for a phenomenal product!

v12.94 - all published WotC materials!

As alluded to on my Patreon, time has come to update the sheet with all past Unearthed Arcana material, now that the first goal of my Patreon has been reached.

In addition to the Unearthed Arcana material of days gone by, this update includes the latest UA: Start Spells article, and the beast from the adventure books Out of the Abyss and Tales of the Yawning Portal.

[H=6]Changelog for MPMB's Character Record Sheet v12.94 (11 April 2017):[/H]
  • NEW CONTENT: the firearms and their ammunition from DMG page 268 (with help from grungydan);
  • NEW CONTENT: the 12 Dragonmark feats from Unearthed Arcana: Eberron;
  • NEW CONTENT: the 8 feats from Unearthed Arcana: Feats;
  • NEW CONTENT: the 5 spells from Unearthed Arcana: That Old Black Magic (with help from David);
  • NEW CONTENT: the Abyssal Tiefling from Unearthed Arcana: That Old Black Magic;
  • NEW CONTENT: the Rune Scribe prestige class from Unearthed Arcana: Prestige Classes and Rune Magic (with help from K.12);
  • NEW CONTENT: the 3 subclasses from Unearthed Arcana: Modern Magic (with help from AKA_Sketch);
  • NEW CONTENT: the 14 spells from Unearthed Arcana: Modern Magic;
  • NEW CONTENT: the 17 spells from Unearthed Arcana: Starter Spells (with help from SoilentBrad);
  • NEW CONTENT: the 4 attack/save cantrips to the attack section from Unearthed Arcana: Starter Spells;
  • NEW CONTENT: the 2 beasts from Out of the Abyss;
  • NEW CONTENT: the Tales of the Yawning Portal icon to the icon/symbol menu options;
  • NEW CONTENT: the 4 beasts from the Tales of the Yawning Portal;
  • Excluded the DMG firearms by default;
  • Made it possible to exclude or include different types of ammunition;
  • Moved the Feral Tiefling from the racial variant options of the Tiefling to being its own race with its own listing in the drop-down box;
  • Added a way for feats to use the spellcastingBonus object (to make the Dragonmark feats possible);
  • Added a way for a class to add multiple tool proficiencies (to make the Rune Scribe possible);
  • Added a way for a class to be considered a ‘Prestige Class’ and have prerequisites (to make the Rune Scribe possible);
  • Made the sheet not commit anything when just changing the way something is written in the Class field while you are not changing the interpretation of it (e.g. change “Transmuter” into “Wizard (Transmutation)” or “Cleric (War Domain)” into “War Priest”);
  • Fixed the sheet not displaying the right proficiencies when changing the primary class;
  • Fix for the Mystic’s Potent Psionics not adding Int to damage of Psionic Talents in the attack section (thanks TheBob427 for reporting);
  • Updated the Shadow Sorcerer to make use of the Bonus Spell feature (as suggested by Patrick A.);
  • Fix for the Spell Sniper feats not doubling the range of attack cantrips in the attack section;
  • Fix for the Air Elemental Whirlwind attack to do 3d8 instead of 2d8;
  • Updated the FAQ.

Links: MPMB's Character Record Sheet - Colorful A4/Letter        MPMB's Character Record Sheet - Printer Friendly Redesign

Looking for the original Printer Friendly version with the artwork of the Wizards of the Coast official character sheet (Click here for the preview)?.

Become a patron on Patreon, and you will get the Character Record Sheet, Spell Sheets per Class, and Adventure Logsheet with the WotC design!

wilcoxon

Explorer
bug with spell page vs spell attack on first page

I found a bug over the weekend (in the last v12.8x version I think so it may be fixed in v12.94). If you create a Warlock and have Rod of the Pact Keeper, you need to add the bonus to the mods on the spell casting page for Warlock spells. However, if you include a Warlock spell attack then the attack lists the base value (not the total value) for hit and/or save (ex Warlock has +6 base spell attack and Rod of the Pact Keeper +1 (entered as mod for a total of +7) but Eldritch Blast attack on the first page lists +6).

Koren n'Rhys

Explorer
So, a "Scripting for Idiots" question:
I have a player running a Wizard with a custom tradition (a tweaked version of this: https://dnd-5e-homebrew.tumblr.com/post/135504625944/school-of-animation-wizard-by-oraln
Given I have zero experience with scripting, can you give me any guidance on how to incorporate both the tradition and the new spells? I get the impression from the FAQ that I need to write a script that I run on top of the char sheet? But, yeah, pretty ignorant...
If I manually type in the tradition stuff in place of an official choice, do those changes get lost every time I level him up, or import to a new version of the sheet?

I found a bug over the weekend (in the last v12.8x version I think so it may be fixed in v12.94). If you create a Warlock and have Rod of the Pact Keeper, you need to add the bonus to the mods on the spell casting page for Warlock spells. However, if you include a Warlock spell attack then the attack lists the base value (not the total value) for hit and/or save (ex Warlock has +6 base spell attack and Rod of the Pact Keeper +1 (entered as mod for a total of +7) but Eldritch Blast attack on the first page lists +6).
This is not a bug, because the modifier you put on the spell sheet page is not linked to the attack section, and never was. Doing that would be problematic as you would then not be able to set either of them individually, they would always have to be identical and that is hard to do when multiclassing. If you want to have modifiers like that, you are going to have to set them for each thing individually.

So, a "Scripting for Idiots" question:
I have a player running a Wizard with a custom tradition (a tweaked version of this: https://dnd-5e-homebrew.tumblr.com/post/135504625944/school-of-animation-wizard-by-oraln
Given I have zero experience with scripting, can you give me any guidance on how to incorporate both the tradition and the new spells? I get the impression from the FAQ that I need to write a script that I run on top of the char sheet? But, yeah, pretty ignorant...
If I manually type in the tradition stuff in place of an official choice, do those changes get lost every time I level him up, or import to a new version of the sheet?
Have you read the FAQ (section 3) about this and looked at the JavaScript Syntax I made for adding things like this? Because that is intended as the place to start, especially if you have no coding experience.

Basically what you do is fill out the syntax example files with your own information. Then, when your script is done, copy it into the "Add Custom Script" dialogue. Any script you put there will be run every time you open the sheet. So if you add a class, that class will always be available in the sheet unless you reset the sheet or open the "Add Custom Script" dialogue and remove the script.

I'm happy to take a look at your script if it produces errors. If you don't want to spend your time writing the scripts, I can also make them for you, if you are willing to compensate me for my time.

Last edited:

Koren n'Rhys

Explorer
Have you read the FAQ (section 3) about this and looked at the [JavaScript Syntax I made for adding things like this](https://github.com/morepurplemorebe...Sheet/tree/master/additional content syntax)? Because that is intended as the place to start, especially if you have no coding experience.

Basically what you do is fill out the syntax example files with your own information. Then, when your script is done, copy it into the "Add Custom Script" dialogue. Any script you put there will be run every time you open the sheet. So if you add a class, that class will always be available in the sheet unless you reset the sheet or open the "Add Custom Script" dialogue and remove the script.

I'm happy to take a look at your script if it produces errors. If you don't want to spend your time writing the scripts, I can also make them for you, if you are willing to compensate me for my time.
Thanks - I'm certainly willing to give it a shot, if it's a matter of swapping out the text in an example script. I'll look more closely at what you have on github and go from there. I know where to find you if I have questions!

Remove ads