D&D 5E MPMB's D&D 5e Character Tools

Greybeard_Ray

First Post
Okay folks, let me see if I got this straight:

You want Joost (MPMB) to create a "Monster Reference Sheet", with ALL the possible variables, consistancy, and a guarantee that it won't be debated endlessly on-line...

For crying out loud! WotC can't even do that amongst their staffers, let alone in something for publication!

marioinfinity

First Post

You want Joost (MPMB) to create a "Monster Reference Sheet", with ALL the possible variables, consistancy, and a guarantee that it won't be debated endlessly on-line...

For crying out loud! WotC can't even do that amongst their staffers, let alone in something for publication!

hahahahahaha this is seriously requested?

CR isn't hard calculated like it was in 3.5/is PF. Mike and Jeremy have been pretty good at saying the guidelines exist but you still need to play test and adjust depending on outcome.

That's the great thing about 5e. it's not a matter of who is better at math anymore.

Ohillion

First Post

I only asked if it was possible. Once he explained the monumental task it would be, I thanked him and moved on. And I didn't ask him for all the possible variables, consistency, and any guarantees. Not sure where you got all that from.

Astromath

First Post
Hey, MPMB. It's been 15 days since the last post. Any news? Even if you have to say that real life is interfering with upgrading the sheet, that is also news.

Love Rhino

First Post
I don't know whether this issue has already been reported, but I didn't see it in the changelog file.

The Dueling Fighting Style adds +2 damage to Unarmed Strike, but according to Sage Advice, it shouldn't. See the 10/9/2014 post from Mike Mearls in the Sage Advice compendium on unarmed strikes: http://www.sageadvice.eu/tag/unarmed.

On a personal note, I just want to express my thanks to MPMB for all the hard work creating and maintaining this character generator. It's made tracking my 5e characters a lot easier and I recommend it to anyone who asks (and sometimes, to anyone within shouting distance who will listen).

I don't know whether this issue has already been reported, but I didn't see it in the changelog file.

The Dueling Fighting Style adds +2 damage to Unarmed Strike, but according to Sage Advice, it shouldn't. See the 10/9/2014 post from Mike Mearls in the Sage Advice compendium on unarmed strikes: http://www.sageadvice.eu/tag/unarmed.

On a personal note, I just want to express my thanks to MPMB for all the hard work creating and maintaining this character generator. It's made tracking my 5e characters a lot easier and I recommend it to anyone who asks (and sometimes, to anyone within shouting distance who will listen).
Thank you for posting this rules clarification! I had no idea that the Duelling Fighting Style can't be applied to unarmed strikes, but I honestly never really though about it. I will make sure to change this in the next version!

Hey, MPMB. It's been 15 days since the last post. Any news? Even if you have to say that real life is interfering with upgrading the sheet, that is also news.
Life has been hectic, but I haven't stopped working on the sheet. The next update that I have planned requires me to make a lot of changes in the code that are mostly 'behind the scenes' but are essential to be able to include Magic Items as promised. Thus the updates have stopped for a bit, but I hope to be able to present the next version some time this week!

Astromath

First Post
Here's a question, more to the general readers than MPMB: has anyone out there tried to adapt the character sheet to Adventures in Middle Earth 5e?

Remove ads