D&D 5E MPMB's D&D 5e Character Tools

chaosronin

Explorer
I have tried with Linux/Wine/PlayOnLinux and found the same/similar issues. Wine uses Windows XP as a basis so the Lucidia (sp?) fonts are the wrong version, 2.0 - I have been unable to load the Windows 7 Version, 5.0 to get some of the functionally. I ended up running a virtual machine for windows 7 (and 10) to get Adobe DC to work but its sloppy. Its something I will need to work on again in the future

How positive are you that the font type is Lucida? If that is the font type we should be able to add it to the registry for a font replament.

Mark St Thomas

First Post
I just came across a bug(?).

I want to add a custom race without using a script. The race is Albino Dwarf. It uses the exact same stats as a Hill Dwarf, just the name is different. But when I use Hill Dwarf and change the name to Albino Dwarf, the race stats get reset. That isn't so much of a problem except for Max HP. Since Hill Dwarf has a +1 hp/level, the Albino Dwarf should also. There doesn't seem to be a way to implement that without using a script. I would think there should be some sort of modifier field for this. There are workarounds for everything else, just not for Max HP.

wilcoxon

Explorer

I want to add a custom race without using a script. The race is Albino Dwarf. It uses the exact same stats as a Hill Dwarf, just the name is different. But when I use Hill Dwarf and change the name to Albino Dwarf, the race stats get reset. That isn't so much of a problem except for Max HP. Since Hill Dwarf has a +1 hp/level, the Albino Dwarf should also. There doesn't seem to be a way to implement that without using a script. I would think there should be some sort of modifier field for this. There are workarounds for everything else, just not for Max HP.

Does it work if you enter "Albino Dwarf (Hill Dwarf)" or "Hill Dwarf (Albino)". I find that things often work if you still have the string it is searching for with additions.

Mark St Thomas

First Post
That does seem to work, but there's another problem. Under dwarf stats they get "Battleaxe, Handaxe, Light Hammer, Warhammer" but the other weapons field only shows the first and last weapons of that string.

You are correct, some things can only be set using the automation. For the HP there really isn't an easy way to implement this via the modifier fields with how the sheet is currently set up, just like the custom attack calculations. However, you can always edit the HP field yourself, so there really isn't a necessity for having this editable using a modifier field.

That does seem to work, but there's another problem. Under dwarf stats they get "Battleaxe, Handaxe, Light Hammer, Warhammer" but the other weapons field only shows the first and last weapons of that string.
Might it be that your character has proficiency in Simple weapons? Because the Other Weapons field will automatically adjust itself to only show those weapon proficiencies not covered by other proficiencies. And as the Handaxe and Light Hammer are both simple weapons, they aren't listed anymore in the Other Weapons section if your character has the checkbox for Simple Weapons checked off.

After almost 2 months, it is finally here: version 12.998!

It has been almost two full month without any updates, another first in the life of MPMBs Character Sheets, but unfortunately not a positive one.
As you might have read in my previous post on Patreon, this update has taken so much time because I have gone back into the code and changed some fundamental things.

There are a load of new features in this sheet, explained below, but generally what they do is make the sheet better deal with the removal of features like languages, tools, damage resistances, damage immunities, condition immunities, vision types, different ranges of a vision type, and speeds. Normally you won't be removing things that grant these things often from your character, but all that will change when functionality for Magic Items is added to the sheet.
In summation, you can think of this update to the sheet as a pre-magic item update.
Please test out the new features and give feedback on any issues you find with the sheet. I have tested everything, but I can't test every scenario, or you would have to wait another couple of months.

Important note: If you are using content from the Fan-Made Additions Dropbox or GitHub folder, make sure you grab the latest version of that as well!

[H6]Changelog for MPMB's Character Record Sheet v12.998 (22 September 2017):[/H6]
  • NEW CONTENT: backgrounds from Tomb of Annihilation (with the help of SoilentBrad and @‌lowbrr);
  • NEW CONTENT: beasts from Tomb of Annihilation (with the help of SoilentBrad);
  • NEW CONTENT: Eladrin and Gith races from the Unearthed Arcana: Eladrin and Gith article;
  • NEW CONTENT: Tortle race from the Tortle Package on DMs Guild;
  • NEW CONTENT: Monster Hunter pack from Curse of Strahd (with help from Derek P.);
  • NEW CONTENT: Shadow from the Monster Manual (with help from alphamine19);
  • NEW FEATURE: the spell selection dialogues now allow to go back to the previous dialogues;
  • NEW FEATURE: the spellbook spell selection dialogues now allows several instances to make it possible to add any number of spells to the wizard’s spellbook;
  • NEW FEATURE: the sheet will now no longer remove damage resistances or saves when removing a feature that grants this, while another feature that grants the same is still applicable;
  • NEW FEATURE: the sheet will now no longer remove language or tool proficiencies when removing a feature that grants the same proficiency as another feature;
  • NEW FEATURE: when gaining a language or tool proficiency that grants a choice, the sheet will prompt you to make a choice;
  • NEW FEATURE: the sheet will now no longer remove text from the senses or saving throw section when removing a feature that grants the same proficiency as another feature;
  • NEW FEATURE: the text that is put into the field for Saving Throw Advantages/Disadvantages is now smartly produced from several variables, thus listing both immunities and things the character gets advantages on his saving throw against in a single list each, without duplicates;
  • NEW FEATURE: the sheet can now handle ranges of senses appropriately, even making it possible to add/subtract range if the feature is already present;
  • NEW FEATURE: support for something to have multiple sources;
  • NEW FEATURE: (better) support for class features, races, and feats adding content to one of the modifier fields;
  • NEW FEATURE: modifier fields now automatically open the Set Modifier dialogue when the field is too full or when it is set through automation. This dialogue will also display the origin of modifiers if they have been set through the automation;
  • NEW FEATURE: the speed and encumbered speed are now calculated from all features that influence speed, making it possible to add and remove speed modes, speed modifiers, and modifiers to specific speed modes;
  • Added the Adventurer’s League season 7 Tomb of Annihilation icon;
  • Added the optional attributes “speed”, “toolProfs”, “languageProfs”, “savetxt”, “saves”, and “dmgres” to class features and feats. Note that the syntax for these things has changed and older syntax files will no longer work. This has also been updated for all things in the Fan-made Additions Dropbox/GitHub folders;
  • Fix for the Portent class feature (thanks Nod_Hero for reporting);
  • Fix for importing from or to a Colourful sheet (thanks Martyn A. and Scott A. for reporting);
  • Fix for the Wild Shape class feature no longer appearing for any Druid but the Circle of the Moon (thanks anonymous for reporting);
  • Fix for the header on the Wild Shape pages no longer being updated when changing level (thanks @‌orcboss for reporting);
  • Fix for the Quick-Fingered feat and the Alchemist feat (thanks Hank O. and Nod_Hero for reporting);
  • The Pact of the Chain class feature now adds the Find Familiar spell to the spell sheet (as suggested by Chad C.);
  • Made the Thief’s Second-Story Work class feature add the climb speed to the speed section (as suggested by Astromath);
  • Corrected the spell levels of some UA Modern Magic spells (thanks Justin T. for reporting);
  • Ritual spells will now have a “(R)” in their listing in the spell selection dialogues (as suggested by Josh D.);
  • Fix for (sub)classes that have their own spell slot table defined (thanks Levi D. for reporting);
  • Fix for missing skill proficiency for the Monk (Way of the Drunken Master) (thanks @‌Elder_Giraffe for reporting);
  • Fix for the Adventure Logsheet start value not being editable (thanks Timothy J. L. for reporting);
  • Fix for both the Spell-less and the UA Revised Ranger’s Primeval Awareness (thanks Michael C. for reporting);
  • Changed the behaviour of the weapon/armour proficiency checkboxes so that they no longer remember their manually set state when it is identical to the state set by the automation;
  • Changed how the companion page sets the abilities for the Ranger’s animal companion: if the UA:RR source is included, it will always set the companion to follow the UA:RR rules, even if no levels in Ranger have been taken (as suggested by Jeff H.);
  • Changed the Duelling Fighting Style to no longer be applied to natural weapons, like the unarmed strike (thanks Love Rhino for the rules correction).
Links: MPMB's Character Record Sheet - Colorful A4/Letter        MPMB's Character Record Sheet - Printer Friendly Redesign

Looking for the original Printer Friendly version with the artwork of the Wizards of the Coast official character sheet (Click here for the preview)?
Become a patron on Patreon, and you will get the Character Record Sheet, Spell Sheets per Class, and Adventure Logsheet with the WotC design!

Zene

First Post
Hi, got a couple of quick questions. My apologies if these are answered somewhere, but I did a search and wasn't able to find anything. And the version I have didn't come with a FAQ.

I'm using the pdf version, Printer-Friendly-Redesign_v12-81. And I love it; by far the best character sheet I've used.

Questions:
1) I'm playing a druid with insignia of the claws. Is there a way to reflect +1 to all attacks and damage rolls on my wildshape forms? I don't see a mod field that allows that.
2) Is there a way to add/create custom Wild Shapes? I'd like to add in the Steeders from OOTA, and the Crag Cat from SKT.

Remove ads