D&D 5E MPMB's D&D 5e Character Tools

Noah Ivaldi

First Post
I was about to report a bug in which the Defense Fighting Style was not populating the armor's miscellaneous modifiers, but MPMB already corrected it because he's awesome and stuff.

Astro: Oh, yeah, in those areas. Yeah, I had thought of that before, but it didn't solve any space issues that I hadn't already solved with careful reiterations, so I left them alone for the sake of consistent styling and clarity. Thanks for the suggestion, though! I appreciate the thoughtfulness.

MPMB: Hah, right? Yeah, that's fair. I kinda' figured that making them form-fillable would be an easy conversion, but, if it'd be too much effort, you're right; it's not worth bothering over. If people mix their skill names/functions around too much, they can just mentally relabel them.

Last edited:

I found another small issue for you.
I am using v8.2 (Letter).

When I add a two or more Background Personality Traits using the "Add Features" button, instead of a space between each trait, “undefined” is printed instead.
Great find! This bug is a result of a modification to the code some versions ago. I thought I had implemented it everywhere, guess not ;) Thank you for reporting this, I fixed it in the new version (v8.25).

I was about to report a bug in which the Defense Fighting Style was not populating the armor's miscellaneous modifiers, but MPMB already corrected it because he's awesome and stuff.

Astro: Oh, yeah, in those areas. Yeah, I had thought of that before, but it didn't solve any space issues that I hadn't already solved with careful reiterations, so I left them alone for the sake of consistent styling and clarity. Thanks for the suggestion, though! I appreciate the thoughtfulness.

MPMB: Hah, right? Yeah, that's fair. I kinda' figured that making them form-fillable would be an easy conversion, but, if it'd be too much effort, you're right; it's not worth bothering over. If people mix their skill names/functions around too much, they can just mentally relabel them.
The error with Defense Fighting Style was one of the features fixed in the "Fixed a bug in the code for adding class features with the 'Add Feature' button".

Adding customizable skills is not that much work (an hour or two, but thats mostly because I would want to align every field very carefully to have it look the same as it is now), but unless somebody specifically requests the feature because there is an immenent need, I think I can spend that time better ;)

Ohillion

First Post
There's a bug with the latest Letter version of the character sheet (v 8.25). The 'modifier' column is showing a rather odd looking number. It should be showing a value based on what number you populate for a stat. Instead, it starts with a number and changes to an incorrect number when populating the ability score column. Just an FYI.

Edit: This also carries over to the Initiative field. I assume it's tied to the formula that calculates modifiers.

Last edited:

Undrhil

Explorer
Just a question: are you going to add the new cantrips from the Elemental Evil book to the Character sheet for the attack choices? Magic Stone basically let's a sling be used as a 1d6 weapon. I don't mind changing the damage in the modifiers section, but I was just curious if you were planning on doing this.

There's a bug with the latest Letter version of the character sheet (v 8.25). The 'modifier' column is showing a rather odd looking number. It should be showing a value based on what number you populate for a stat. Instead, it starts with a number and changes to an incorrect number when populating the ability score column. Just an FYI.

Edit: This also carries over to the Initiative field. I assume it's tied to the formula that calculates modifiers.
I'm gonna need a screenshot to see what you mean. I don't see any problems on my pc. Also, what version of Adobe are you using? And on what OS?

Just a question: are you going to add the new cantrips from the Elemental Evil book to the Character sheet for the attack choices? Magic Stone basically let's a sling be used as a 1d6 weapon. I don't mind changing the damage in the modifiers section, but I was just curious if you were planning on doing this.
I am planning to add all official attack cantrips. Magic Stone, however, is so versatile, it is hard to note it down as basically a 1d6 sling. You still need a sling to make that happen. So I opted for not adding magic stone to the weapons, because it doesn't have a fixed range or stat to use it with.

Queer Venger

Dungeon Master is my Daddy
I have just uploaded D&D 5e Character Sheet (form-fillable/calculated) and Spell Sheet generator (incl. all spells/classes) to the downloads area.

Here you can find a form-fillable auto-calculating pdf Character Sheet and an auto-generating Spell Sheet based in Excel. The Spell Sheet and Character Sheet use the same lay-out and are complimentary. Unfortunately, in order for them to look the same the Excel uses some fonts that have to be installed manually. These can be found in the zip file.

Thanks Javier Aumente for the design!

Note that the calculated form fields of the character sheet only work correctly in Adobe Acrobat (don’t use browser preview or stuff like that) and the spell sheet generator only works in Excel 2007 or later (Excel 2013 preferred).

You can find the file here in the downloads section. Please use this thread for comments.
thank you thank you thank you. This is probably the most impressive form-fillable sheet Ive seen. You are awesome. I award you 150xp!

Ohillion

First Post
I'm gonna need a screenshot to see what you mean. I don't see any problems on my pc. Also, what version of Adobe are you using? And on what OS?

Sorry...i discovered it was because the Chrome .pdf viewer I opened the .pdf in isn't a current or fully functional .pdf viewer. I opened the file from Adobe Reader XI directly and found no issues. Sorry for the false alarm.

Noah Ivaldi

First Post
Oh, yeah. EE is an official supplement, so it would make sense to add Frostbite and Thunderclap into the weapons. Even looking through the Unearthed Arcana editions, that would mean that we've covered every attack option outside of leveled spells . . . well, except Mind Thrust, but the psion is an unfinalized deal that is considered to require an extra level of playtesting caution than the others, so it makes sense for that to stay out.

Aw, man, trying to fit the "0.075" weight of crossbow bolts in the equipment section hurt. It's the only thing that doesn't fit, now! Ah, well. I suppose that I could bug you to skim some more space to the right side or something, but it's surely more trouble than a single printed item nitpick is worth.

More importantly, I just stopped by to say that my party is loving this sheet so much, it was a real boon this last Saturday, and I'm going to be the DM temporarily, so it's going to be a huge boon. I just wanted to express my appreciation again.

thank you thank you thank you. This is probably the most impressive form-fillable sheet Ive seen. You are awesome. I award you 150xp!
Great to hear! Hope you get a lot of fun out of using this sheet :)

Sorry...i discovered it was because the Chrome .pdf viewer I opened the .pdf in isn't a current or fully functional .pdf viewer. I opened the file from Adobe Reader XI directly and found no issues. Sorry for the false alarm.
That explains it! Better to have a false alarm then let something major as ability modifiers go awry.

Oh, yeah. EE is an official supplement, so it would make sense to add Frostbite and Thunderclap into the weapons. Even looking through the Unearthed Arcana editions, that would mean that we've covered every attack option outside of leveled spells . . . well, except Mind Thrust, but the psion is an unfinalized deal that is considered to require an extra level of playtesting caution than the others, so it makes sense for that to stay out.

Aw, man, trying to fit the "0.075" weight of crossbow bolts in the equipment section hurt. It's the only thing that doesn't fit, now! Ah, well. I suppose that I could bug you to skim some more space to the right side or something, but it's surely more trouble than a single printed item nitpick is worth.

More importantly, I just stopped by to say that my party is loving this sheet so much, it was a real boon this last Saturday, and I'm going to be the DM temporarily, so it's going to be a huge boon. I just wanted to express my appreciation again.
Neither Frostbite nor Thunderclap require an attack roll, so I don't find it logical to add them as a weapon. If I would do that, there are a lot more cantrips (and spells) that have to be added before calling it 'complete'.

As for the crossbow bolts, they still calculate correctly, you just cannot see the detailed weight. I think it is a reasonable compromise considering how many items have this issue.

Always great to hear that my work helps people enjoy this great game a bit more :)

Headbomb

First Post
Some bugs (7.5), and a feature request.

Bug: In the inventory section, if you click 'insert line', and then try to insert a line again on that same spot, you won't be able to do it.

FR: In the 'total weight' calculation, if you could have a sort of pop-up section with boxes that could be ticked on or off, asking you what weight you want to count, that would be awesome. Weight's been bothering me for a while now, but since the party found a Handy Haviersack in the last session, weight's been on our minds. I figured I'd think a bit more about weight, and the options I have in mind are:

[ ] 1. Weapons and Armor listed on page 1. This, combined with a hidden editable field for weapon/armor weights, would be AMAZING and would save a buttload of space in the inventory.
[ ] 2. Ammo from page 1. This would require some more thought on implementation however and likely need a redesign of ammo space. But this would save half a buttload of space on the inventory, for a total of a buttload and a half of saved space. I made a mockup below for what this could be like.
[ ] 3. Page 2, left column
[ ] 4. Page 2, right column
[ ] 5. Page 2, attuned magical items.
[ ] 6. Page 3, left column
[ ] 7. Page 3, right column
[ ] 8. Coins.

Mockup

cQUAGYJ.png

with the +/- button used to increment/decrement the count, and the drop menus option being
- <Custom>
- Arrow
- Bolt
- Bullet
- Dagger
- Dart
- Handaxe
- Javelin
- Light Hammer
- Net
- Spear
- Trident