D&D 5E MPMB's D&D 5e Character Tools

Spell Sheet 7.2
Run Time error 1004
Unable to set the LeftFooter property of the PageSetup class

unable to reset due to this error

Excel 2013
Windows 10
So you don't have an error when generating the sheet, just when you press the reset button? Good news is that you can just open a fresh Excel as a workaround. The bad news is that this is a very unexpected error. If it would give an error on all the PageSetup class actions (like when you generate a spell sheet), I would know what the problem is, but now it looks rather random.

Could you try/confirm the following things for me:
1 - Do you have a printer installed? (any printer, even a pdf printer is okay);
2 - Do you have a default printer set? (any printer, even a pdf printer is okay);
3 - Do you have any errors when generating a spell sheet?
4 - Do you have any errors when generating an alphabetical list of spells?

Edit:
5 - Do you have the Pterra font installed?

I'm unable to replicate this issue, so it might be something specific to your system, your software, or some random bug in Microsoft's software that you have stumbled upon.

Last edited:

Good to read it is resolved!

For some reason Microsoft requires you to have a printer set to change anything in the page layout. Probably something that remains from ye olde days of the vastly different print handling of matrix-printers ;)

Merry Xmas!

I just wanted to let you know that the "Download All" button on the download page is broken. It's due to a space in the URL. I've posted several times already in Meta, to no avail: http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?472223-Broken-download-button
Merry Christmas!
Thank you for posting about this in meta. I had noticed that the download all button was not working, but just chalked it up to the 'missing file' error that the ghost files produce. When I click it (using Firefox in Windows), nothing seems to happen, no error message or anything at all.

I have posted in Meta several times concerning the ghost files as well and am yet to receive any help with that issue. I have given up trying to get any help on the function of this site. Maybe I should just host it somewhere else (although I wouldn't know where).

andargor

Rule Lawyer Groupie
Supporter
Merry Christmas!
Thank you for posting about this in meta. I had noticed that the download all button was not working, but just chalked it up to the 'missing file' error that the ghost files produce. When I click it (using Firefox in Windows), nothing seems to happen, no error message or anything at all.

I have posted in Meta several times concerning the ghost files as well and am yet to receive any help with that issue. I have given up trying to get any help on the function of this site. Maybe I should just host it somewhere else (although I wouldn't know where).

Well, you could poke Morrus, he's usually good with these things although he seems to be a bit distracted at times.

Otherwise you could put your stuff in a Dropbox folder, share it, and link directly to it in your first post.

Happy Newyear everybody! I have made a big update for the Character Sheet, and a small one for the Spell Sheet Generator.

An update to Character Sheet/Generator v9.9.8 (6-1-2016) with the following changelog:
- Added the amount of cantrips and spells known to the class feature “spellcasting” description for every class
- Added the option to show spell slots with the “Spells” button. This will shorten the limited feature section to 5 instead of 8. The amount of spell slots is automatically calculated, but can be manually overwritten by using the “Mods” button
- Shortened the introduction text so that people displaying the sheet at lower resolution will still be able to click the “OK” button of the dialog
- Added the option to show a “Location” column in both the Equipment and Extra Equipment section. You can find this option in the “Add Equipment” menu on the 2nd page
- Added automated subtotal calculation for any Location added in the “Location” column (only the first 6 subtotals, alphabetically ordered, will be displayed because of space issues)

And an update to Spell Sheet Generator v7.3 (5-1-2016) with the following changelog:
- Fixed bug where selecting two or more classes with partial spell progression (such as Range or Arcane Trickster) caused a circular reference, resulting in wrongly calculated spell slots
- Fixed error where Warlock’s of level 11 and up received one to many spells known

Ohillion

First Post
Once again...I'm impressed! I keep coming back for all the new updates. You do a fantastic job and you listen to your fans. Yes, fans. I'm sure MPMB will eventually be awarded a place in the .PDF Hall of Fame. Kudos!

devincutler

Explorer
Great work! Just discovered your sheet and am using it for my games.

Some comments:

#1: While the sheet recognizes spiked armour from SCAG, it does not appear in the equipment drag down menus. Please add this.

#2: Hypnotic Gaze (the Enchanter special ability) is indicated as 1 use per long rest in your Limited Features section. This is not true. The ability is usable at will as many times as you like. The limit is that you cannot use it ON THE SAME CREATURE more than 1/long rest.

Regards,

Devin

JustALullabi as a downloads page comment said:
Looking good. Design seems cluttered in the beginning and takes some getting used to, but after a while it seems more logical then the standard sheets. Thnx!
Good to hear you like it. The location of several things has changed a lot over the versions, but I'm quite happy with them as they are now.

Once again...I'm impressed! I keep coming back for all the new updates. You do a fantastic job and you listen to your fans. Yes, fans. I'm sure MPMB will eventually be awarded a place in the .PDF Hall of Fame. Kudos!
Fans? Haha, that is something new. The fact that people criticize and come up with new features for the sheet make it so that I don't have to think of all possible improvements myself. So please keep on thinking of things to improve :D

Great work! Just discovered your sheet and am using it for my games.

Some comments:

#1: While the sheet recognizes spiked armour from SCAG, it does not appear in the equipment drag down menus. Please add this.

#2: Hypnotic Gaze (the Enchanter special ability) is indicated as 1 use per long rest in your Limited Features section. This is not true. The ability is usable at will as many times as you like. The limit is that you cannot use it ON THE SAME CREATURE more than 1/long rest.

Regards,

Devin
Hi Devin, thanks for the comments. As I said above, they are very welcome. So let me respond:

#1: I intentionally didn't add Spiked Armor to the drop-down list as I want to keep it 'clean' and only use the PHB items. That's why Spiked Armor does auto-complete, but is not in the list. Once you select Battlerager as your (sub)class, you will see that Spiked Armor is added to the drop-down list. Similarly, a number of weapons are recognized, but are not in the drop-down list, including the Aaracockra's talons, the Minotaur's horns, the Spiked Armor spike, and the Way of the Sun Soul's radiant sun bolt.
I feel that adding all these things to the drop-down boxes would only serve to confuse. They are automatically added when you select the appropriate class/feature/race, so it shouldn't be a problem. And people that use them as homebrew will and up tying them in and seeing the functionality anyway.

#2: Good catch! Because I added a lot of the class features in one sitting, I might have not always paid enough attention to every detail. Adding Hypnotic Gaze to limited features isn't very useful. I'll remove it in the next version.

Remove ads