D&D 5E MtG Adventures in the Forgotten Realms - Adventures for 5E

Burnside

Space Jam Confirmed
Supporter
Am I being dumb, or is the map of one of the dungeon levels (areas 1 - 12) missing?

This adventure doesn't seem to connect to WBtW, but it would slot in quite nicely to Candlekeep Mysteries.

You're not dumb. There's at least one map missing, possibly two. Keyed locations 1-12 refer to a map which doesn't seem to have been included.

The adventure is stylistically oddly written. "Exul summons an elemental - probably a fire elemental." "Malivar is here, likely unconscious." Why the ambiguity?

It immediately made me think, "Malivar is here. He likely isn't a sous chef or an acrobat. He probably has no expression as he arguably meanders to the west."

Is the intent of this free product to introduce MtG players to D&D? If so, why start at level 8?

"Exul summons an elemental - probably a fire elemental."
Well, he can summon either an Earth or Fire Elemental, and is intelligent. He might choose to summon an Earth elemental if he sees the party are fire resistant. Of course, he would have to use his Conjure Elemental spell, which has a casting time of 1 minute...

As for the other, I don't know, but I expect it has something to do with apple pie.

Last edited:

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
Am I being dumb, or is the map of one of the dungeon levels (areas 1 - 12) missing?

This adventure doesn't seem to connect to WBtW, but it would slot in quite nicely to Candlekeep Mysteries.
Yup, noticed that too. Going to be hard to run... I guess I could figure it out, but I want my money's worth dang it! (oh wait...)

Still, someone should have caught this in editing/layout/production. Assuming it will get fixed soon.

They still haven't fixed the missing map.

Was looking as Exul's stat block - he is pretty much the only fight in the module. He is basically an efreet, but with some odd changes. He loses good wisdom saves - why? He gains the ability to conjure an earth elemental. This is presumably MTG red card flavouring, but it then goes on to say he will summon the efreet standard fire elemental anyway (which he won't, because of the casting time). His scimitars are replaced with axes - this is just flavour, and makes sense in the context.

It's pretty pointless stating Malivar, since he starts on the ground with 1 hp, he has no chance if it comes to a fight. Rules savvy PCs could just murderize him for 2,300 xp though!

You could make Exul a fire elemental myrmidon and run the adventure at about level 4.

Last edited:

Remove ads