D&D General MtG Adventures in the Forgotten Realms Spoiler Thread

Bolares

Hero
2WUB
Legendary Creature - Horror
When ~ enters the battlefield, for each opponent, tap up to one untapped creature you control. When you do, choose target creature that player controls with power less than or equal to the power of the tapped creature. You control that creature as long as you control ~.
Whenever you attack with a creature an opponent owns, you gain 2 life and the player who owns that creature loses 2 life.
3/5
Oh, I want this mind flayer

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
Elminster isn't even Ed's favorite Realms character. Greenwood's Twitter, March 2, 2021: "I've created around 20,000 named characters for the Realms, and they're all part of the tapestry. I try not to play favourites, but if you press me, I'll admit to like writing about Mirt, Storm, Filfaeril, Florin, The Simbul, and the Srinshee. After that, Elminster."
So they didn't include any of his top 7 in the main set. LOL

Look, they are probably coming back to FR in other sets in the future. They need to have space and characters to create in the future. You don't burn all your leads in the first go at a setting as large as the forgotten realms

Bawhahahahahahahaha, because they will run out of characters in the Forgotten Realms, you kill me. They could do fifty sets in the Forgotten Realms and not run out of characters. Sorry, I mean a hundred. And that's just using Ed's novels. There are hundreds, if not thousands of awesome characters in FR.

Last edited:

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
One thing fun with FR is that it doesnt lack good characters to make cards:

• The Companions of the Hall (either as one card each or a single card with the non-Drizzt members)
  • Jarlaxle and Bregan D'aerthe
  • Entreri (Black/Blue?)
  • Laeral (mono white?)
  • Bhaalspawn/Slayer (Red/Black)
  • Artus, Ras'ni, Dragonbait etc
  • The Dead Three (Black/White, Orzhov-style)
  • The Factions: Harpers (Green), Gauntlet (White), Zhent (Black), etc
  • Lands: Spellplagued Land, Dread Ring.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
Mordenkainen and Acererak have both visited Forgotten Realms, but neither use it as their main home even in 5e (Mord has a tower in Avernus, and Acererak leaves FR after being foiled in Tomb of Annihilation). The Orbs of Dragonkind have also been on FR at times, but the Forgotten Realms wiki acknowledges they were probably formed on Krynn. The Book of Vile Darkness has some copies in FR, but the original was penned on Greyhawk. The Eye and Hand of Vecna have never been in FR that I have seen, and Vecna has no worshippers there.
The Orbs of Dragonkind were created in 1979. Dragonlance for D&D was created in 1987. It's hard to be created on a world that didn't exist when you were created.

One thing fun with FR is that it doesnt lack good characters to make cards:

• The Companions of the Hall (either as one card each or a single card with the non-Drizzt members)
  • Jarlaxle and Bregan D'aerthe
  • Entreri (Black/Blue?)
  • Laeral (mono white?)
  • Bhaalspawn/Slayer (Red/Black)
  • Artus, Ras'ni, Dragonbait etc
  • The Dead Three (Black/White, Orzhov-style)
  • The Factions: Harpers (Green), Gauntlet (White), Zhent (Black), etc
  • Lands: Spellplagued Land, Dread Ring.
It's already got Boo and his sidekick, you could have all the 20+ NPCs from Baldur's Gate!

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
Why not both...?

I know I said earlier I would think an Eberron Magic Set would be good tuff, if this Set is a massive hit, the turnaround for a follow-up is about 2024. 50th Anniversy for D&D: Greyhawk book, Greyhawk Magic Set?
Those would be good sets. Thematically, though, I think Dark Sun would be the most fun. I mean, how many sets could have a card called A Halfling Eats Your Face. :)

Remove ads