D&D General MtG Adventures in the Forgotten Realms Spoiler Thread

No, Mark Rosewater is working on early 2024 Vision design right now. The absolute earliest is 2024, if the mandate from corporate is to make it happen ASAP.

My hypothesis is a Commander Legends D&D set could be a side effect of developing this set and realizing how many legendary creatures FR has, so it could all ready be started on.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I expect WotC deliberately left out Elminster so they could sit back and have a good laugh watching a bunch of forty-something fanbois throw their toys out of the pram.
Honestly to goodness, Eliminster is probably one of the hinted Commander Legendary cards...where he will be easy to procure to procure fans in am intro product.

Honestly to goodness, Eliminster is probably one of the hinted Commander Legendary cards...where he will be easy to procure to procure fans in am intro product.
Personally, I think it more likely because Elminster is an author surrogate. They don't want to include a thinly veiled real living person in the game. I wouldn't be surprised if they spoke to Ed Greenwood and he asked them not to - I see he is doing an interview soon.

The Japanese leaked the Monster Commanders of AFC Decks.

"Looks like:

5RG
Legendary Creature - Dragon
Flying, haste
Whenever ~ attacks, add X mana in any combination of colors, where X is the total power of attacking creatures. This mana can only be used to cast spells. Until end of turn, this mana isn't lost as steps or phases end.
4/4

2WUB
Legendary Creature - Horror
When ~ enters the battlefield, for each opponent, tap up to one untapped creature you control. When you do, choose target creature that player controls with power less than or equal to the power of the tapped creature. You control that creature as long as you control ~.
Whenever you attack with a creature an opponent owns, you gain 2 life and the player who owns that creature loses 2 life.
3/5

3RB
Legendary Creature - Beholder
Whenever you attack a player, goad target creature that player controls. Tap it.
Whenever an opponent attacks another of your opponents, you and the attacking player each draw a card and lose 1 life.
5/5

4GWU
Legendary Creature - Giant
Ward 3
Other creatures you control have ward 3.
Whenever ~ enters the battlefield or attacks, choose one or both of the following:
Target creature's base power and toughness become 7/7 until end of turn.
Target creature's base power and toughness become 1/1 until end of turn.
7/7

Might be missing something about tapping in the beholder's ability, I wasn't sure how to interpret that."

The Dragon appears to be Klauth, some people were disappointed Klauth wasn't the Red Dragon Legendary so I expect to sell well.

"The 4 creatures are from D&D lore.

Klauth is an ancient red dragon and one of the most powerful dragons in the realms. He is also a spellcaster and has a wand of fireball and a wand of lightning bolt strapped to his wings. He sponsors the party in the adventure Storm Kings Thunder, giving them an airship.

Nihiloor is a Mind Flayer that works for the Xanathar as an intelligence officer, using intellect Devourers as scouts and informers. He is encountered in the adventure Waterdeep: Dragon Heist.

Storvald was a Frost Giant Jarl that sought the Ring of Winter in order to start a new ice age and give Frost Giants supremacy in Fearun. He is possibly encounter in the adventure Storm Kings Thunder.

Karazikar is a Beholder that became obsessed with an artifact called the Maze Engine and is encountered in the adventure Out of the Abyss, where the players have to slay him and steal his eye."

Remove ads