Multiple attacks & initiative

Ravellion

serves Gnome Master
What about delaying? High level fighters tactically must refocus after a delay. Or a ready!

If I was a metagaming wizard, and saw a fighter waiting ("readying") I would delay my action to 1, then cast my spell. Freaking fighter will ahve to refocus next round, hence wasting a round. Big bonus to wizards!

When do MEA come into play? What if I do a trip. My oppoent's next attack option: he just gets up one initiative count later, since he still hasn't done his Move Equivalent action, totally negating the fact of getting easy shots in on a tripped target (true, this doesn't happen all the time, but the possibilities are there!)

AAAAARGH! A rules nightmare, with the options that 3e offers...

It also makes no sense that because you only act after 6 seconds (late in the first round) that from that point on you only get 1 attack as a 16th level fighter, instead of 4?... In a thirty second fight, you just attack 15 times less (you only make 25% of your attacks) because "you were a bit slow"?

What about flanking? A high level rogue flanks a fighter at init 18. Sneak Attack. At init 16, it's the high level fighter's turn. He makes a 5 ft step and makes his first attack against anyone, and he probably can't be flanked by all the following attacks of the rogue.

Initiative tracking would become a collosal task. Instead of the DM having to track one initiative for each player and monster, he has to track several, greatly slowing down the game.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, DON'T DO IT MAN!

:D

Rav

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases