• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Multiple Disarms

mac1504

Explorer
If my character has multiple attacks (+15/+10/+5) I can have him make a disarm move for every attack, correct?

Thanks in advance!
mac1504

kjenks

First Post
And each Disarm attempt would normally provoke an AoO, but this is usually only important against a creature with the Combat Reflexes feat, since all others are limited to one AoO per round.

In addition, remember that failing a Disarm check gives your opponent a chance to Disarm you, making this tactic less useful.
If you fail on the disarm attempt, the defender may immediately react and attempt to disarm you with the same sort of opposed melee attack roll. His attempt does not provoke an attack of opportunity from you. If he fails his disarm attempt, you do not subsequently get a free disarm attempt against him.

Li Shenron

Legend
Yes. A disarm attempt is not a separate action but can be substituted for any attack, in either a single attack, a full-attack or an AoO.

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
We had a player jump into the midst of his foes and did a whirlwind attack/improved disarm routine. The clatter of dropped weapons was deafening!

mac1504

Explorer
kjenks said:
And each Disarm attempt would normally provoke an AoO, but this is usually only important against a creature with the Combat Reflexes feat, since all others are limited to one AoO per round.

In addition, remember that failing a Disarm check gives your opponent a chance to Disarm you, making this tactic less useful.

Unless I'm using Ranged Disarm ;)

Thanks for the replies everyone!

Remove ads